Official 1000-win t-shirt thread --preliminary | Syracusefan.com

Official 1000-win t-shirt thread --preliminary

B

Brooky03

**EDIT** See my subsequent post of 12/15 (pinned at top of board) giving details of the shirt ... and how to order them.

Feel free to check out the Teespring link to get an idea of what I'm trying to do. The shirt could use a redesign, so we can use this thread for the next day or two as a suggestion repository, primarily for the back of the shirt but anything is fair game. I'll try to compile whatever suggestions we get into a new thread with a poll. If there's enough support, we might get this thing off the ground

Original Post:
This is probably a dumb idea, but a recent Nunes article got me thinking about Boeheim's wins so I decided to screw around on Teespring and just see what happens. Created a shirt. Might suck, might not.

linky: Let's Go Orange!

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
It be great to have something like that given out as a promo to all fans attending the likely 1000 win game. Of course the way this team has played this season you might be in the embarrassing situation of having to give the shirts out several games in a row.

It be great to have something like that given out as a promo to all fans attending the likely 1000 win game. Of course the way this team has played this season you might be in the embarrassing situation of having to give the shirts out several games in a row.

I have a feeling the school will avoid promoting the potential 1,000th win for that reason and to keep the NCAA happy. Something like this would leave it up to the fans which game to wear the shirts to. If my math is correct, the January 14th game against BC in the Dome is the earliest he could reach 1,000. Then we have road games against UNC and ND before hosting Wake. Ideally, we'll go 8-0 heading into the BC game, because that SHOULD be a win. If we screw one of these games up before BC, it gets tricky because we traditionally play well against Notre Dame and could pull off that upset and get the 1,000th win away from home.

I'm sure Holyshirt, Manny's, etc. we be all over some variation of a shirt like this if BC is the potential 1,000th win anyway (again, if my math is correct).

I would get rid of the Never Forget, not that I have any issue with that comment either.

Just "1,000". Very simple.

Last edited:
I would get rid of the Never Forget, not that I have any issue with that comment either.

Just "1,000". Very simple.

The board could certainly crowdsource a design. I just wanted to see if I could get the ball rolling on something. I like cuseseattle's hashtag idea from his design. If we had a hashtag on the back, instead of a phrase, somebody could start a twitter campaign to spread the word.

you break your own rules you pay the price. move on. don't celebrate wins outside the rules. they exist to keep competition fair. like it or not.

Good idea but it will be a saturated market on that day with Manny's and Holy Shirts.

Just wait for win 1010 and on the back say Mr. Boeheim in Mr. Robot script.

Also War Damn Otto...That shirt is still the greatest Syracuse apparel that I will ever own.

just speaking for what is right. there are rules. we wrote them. ABIDE by those said precepts or pay the price. it cost us wins.

This is probably a dumb idea, but a recent Nunes article got me thinking about Boeheim's wins so I decided to screw around on Teespring and just see what happens. Created a shirt. Might suck, might not. Figure I could donate part of any profit (idk, like 75%) to the Jim and Juli Boeheim Foundation. I'm no lawyer, but I think I've steered clear of any trademark/copyright infringement.

Thoughts?
Close up the kerning (space) between the "1" and the "," — please!

Also, and prolly just as pedantic— "Never forget" sounds too 'memorial-ish.' Like Pearl Harbor, 9-11, the Holocaust, etc...

just speaking for what is right. there are rules. we wrote them. ABIDE by those said precepts or pay the price. it cost us wins.
I'm assuming you are referring to the drug policy when you say "we wrote them". That is not what cost us the wins.

Close up the kerning (space) between the "1" and the "," — please!

Also, and prolly just as pedantic— "Never forget" sounds too 'memorial-ish.' Like Pearl Harbor, 9-11, the Holocaust, etc...

Agreed about the 'Never Forget'. I whipped it up pretty quick and just kind of used the phrase as filler. I'm a left brained (boring side) individual haha; I'm sure some more creative types could do much better.

On the back write, "Not one &*%ing asterisk."

I really like this idea

Maybe even something like this:

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

This is probably a dumb idea, but a recent Nunes article got me thinking about Boeheim's wins so I decided to screw around on Teespring and just see what happens. Created a shirt. Might suck, might not. Figure I could donate part of any profit (idk, like 75%) to the Jim and Juli Boeheim Foundation. I'm no lawyer, but I think I've steered clear of any trademark/copyright infringement.

Thoughts?
Can I really buy that shirt right now?

Can I really buy that shirt right now?

Yes and no. Teespring will print the orders if/when the goal is reached (100 orders, in this case). But I'm liking the back of that shirt less and less the more I look at it, haha, and I don't think orders would hit the 100 unit threshold to print and ship.

I like the idea of the board possibly crowdsourcing a design and then donating the profits to somewhere (preferably the Jim and Juli Boeheim Foundation). I'm hoping somebody more creatively inclined than I might pick this up and run with it. I think watching the 'Catholics vs. Convicts' 30 for 30 on ESPN last night, combined with the article about Jim's 1,000th win on Nune's Magician, got me fired up :cool:

Yes and no. Teespring will print the orders if/when the goal is reached (100 orders, in this case). But I'm liking the back of that shirt less and less the more I look at it, haha, and I don't think orders would hit the 100 unit threshold to print and ship.

I like the idea of the board possibly crowdsourcing a design and then donating the profits to somewhere (preferably the Jim and Juli Boeheim Foundation). I'm hoping somebody more creatively inclined than I might pick this up and run with it. I think watching the 'Catholics vs. Convicts' 30 for 30 on ESPN last night, combined with the article about Jim's 1,000th win on Nune's Magician, got me fired up :cool:

Cool man - I like the spirit. Hopefully someone will pick this up.

One thing I'd suggest is to determine very clearly, whether this will be a t-shirt the quality of ones given out at games for free or something someone would like to have for a while. If charging 20 bucks or so (for a t-shirt) regardless where the proceeds go, you probably need to be focused on the latter. At any rate, I like the idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom