Official Star Wars The Force Awakens Pregame Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Official Star Wars The Force Awakens Pregame Thread

So you're saying Luke will be seduced by Darth Talon?

darth_talon_01.jpg

Is this real they have a Twi'lek Sith in this movie?

Totally agree. Plus Kylo is clearly trying to fulfill the legacy of his hero Vader. I think he goes hunting for Luke and what Luke is protecting. Im guessing but I think people Are going to have to get used to a new (or old depending on how you look at it) Sith. Plus there's a significant role here for BDT.
Couldn't this Kylo be Luke's apprentice? I think Luke is going to be villain it just seems like the JJ thing to do after what he did with the Star Trek movie. I liked the first Trek movie but hated his 2nd one.

Alsacs said:
Couldn't this Kylo be Luke's apprentice? I think Luke is going to be villain it just seems like the JJ thing to do after what he did with the Star Trek movie. I liked the first Trek movie but hated his 2nd one.
I don't think even JJ would violate something like the Rule of 2 with respect to Siths. Luke killed the only living Siths, unless Darth had an apprentice. I tend to think Ren was the Inquisitor.

My prediction:

The new girl is related to someone from the old movie series (can't decide if I think it's Han/Leia's kid or not yet). As the trailer shows, Luke's lightsaber was recovered (Finn, the stormtrooper possibly turned Jedi is shown wielding it). The movie will end with the girl finding Luke and returning the lightsaber to him, and he'll take on a larger role in the 2nd movie.

The new movie poster seems to want to make you think that Rey will at least be tempted by the Dark Side, but my guess and hope is that she will remain the heroine of the films. I think Poe (the x-wing pilot that Finn stares at during one of the scenes of the trailer) may be turned to the dark side or something; not sure. That look that they give each other seems to imply some sort of conflict between the two of them; maybe they simply have a disagreement about something.

And lastly, I think Han will be killed off in this movie.

I'm also not sure that Kylo Ren is the ultimate bad guy in this trilogy; I think it's possible that he's just one of the bad guys or that there are multiple factions of bad guys that the new Rebellion is going up against.

And as someone pointed out, Adam Driver is shown without the mask on at one point in the trailer, so we know for sure that that is not Luke.

Just watched the trailer again ( for like the 20th time). It's clear to me that Kylo Ren has had little guidance in terms of the Force and is more likely to have discovered things on his own as he's gone along. For instance, his lightsaber is much more crude than the actual Luke lightsaber that Finn wields in the forest. He was able to construct one, which shows he has a great depth of knowledge about them, but it's clearly not a polished, finished product. I'm guessing he's a self-made Sith after falling upon some artifacts from the 'old days'.

I just watched again, so I could show my kids the trailer from last night for the first time. The Star Wars franchise is my favorite thing ever, so last night I was giddy. Tonight with my kids, I was watching though their eyes, and it's even better. They're very excited, as they have lived in a Star Wars house, and seen all the others numerous times.

One of the best things about the trailer????

John Williams and his iconic score. Seriously, these movies would be a fraction of themselves without his genius musical wizardry. The score is as much of the saga as any other component.

Just watched the trailer again ( for like the 20th time). It's clear to me that Kylo Ren has had little guidance in terms of the Force and is more likely to have discovered things on his own as he's gone along. For instance, his lightsaber is much more crude than the actual Luke lightsaber that Finn wields in the forest. He was able to construct one, which shows he has a great depth of knowledge about them, but it's clearly not a polished, finished product. I'm guessing he's a self-made Sith after falling upon some artifacts from the 'old days'.

I think someone from the movie has already described Kylo Ren as basically being president of the Darth Vader fan club lol.

lummgr said:
I just watched again, so I could show my kids the trailer from last night for the first time. The Star Wars franchise is my favorite thing ever, so last night I was giddy. Tonight with my kids, I was watching though their eyes, and it's even better. They're very excited, as they have lived in a Star Wars house, and seen all the others numerous times. One of the best things about the trailer???? John Williams and his iconic score. Seriously, these movies would be a fraction of themselves without his genius musical wizardry. The score is as much of the saga as any other component.
The music was/is great. I noticed small but nice improvements in the trailer

If girl isn't Solo/Leia's kid I would be absolutely shocked. She has to be Luke type character this trilogy.
Leia's reaction in the trailer just gives me the thought that Luke has gone to the dark side.
BTW AzOrange do you believe rule of 2 Sith has to apply? In the Star Wars world outside of the 6 movies i.e. the video game world they had a world full of Siths on Dortmund Kaas. Could maybe the Sith return like the Jedi are presumed to have done post ROTJ.

AZOrange said:
The music was/is great. I noticed small but nice improvements in the trailer
There are certain melodies or riffs that make appearances in all the movies. I imagine Han and leias music will make an appearance in the new one.

I just remember at the end of the credits of ep. 1, the music shifted to the imperial march and you could here vaders breathing. Nice touch.

Guys a freakin genius.

Alsacs said:
If girl isn't Solo/Leia's kid I would be absolutely shocked. She has to be Luke type character this trilogy. Leia's reaction in the trailer just gives me the thought that Luke has gone to the dark side. BTW AzOrange do you believe rule of 2 Sith has to apply? In the Star Wars world outside of the 6 movies i.e. the video game world they had a world full of Siths on Dortmund Kaas. Could maybe the Sith return like the Jedi are presumed to have done post ROTJ.
my understanding is that Disney has determined the expanded universe is not canon. So yes, I think the rule of 2 applies to the movies.

My personal theory is that this new trilogy will be an allegory to WWII:

WWI (the original 3) is over. The Dark side (Germany) is held in contempt until a new ruler named Hitler (Kylo Ren) arises to power. He rebuild the German State into a powerhouse (Dark side again) and annexes new territories (planets/solar systems). A new breed of allies (Fin, Rey, Han, etc) join together to take down this new threat.

The allies, however, are beat down. They bend, but don't break. They know that there is one last hope...a great power in the USA that can turn the tide of battle (Luke).

They say to certain degree it is nazi inspired:

“Kylo Ren is not a Sith,” Abrams tells the magazine, which goes on sale Thursday. “He works under Supreme Leader Snoke, who is a powerful figure on the Dark Side of the Force.”

"As for The First Order, the cabal these two villains oversee, Abrams compared this Imperial remnant to Nazis who fled to South America after the fall of Hitler and the defeat of Germany after World War II. What if they regrouped, rebuilt, and decided to return? “Could Vader be a martyr?” Abrams asks. “Could there be a need to see through what didn’t get done?”"

They say to certain degree it is nazi inspired:

“Kylo Ren is not a Sith,” Abrams tells the magazine, which goes on sale Thursday. “He works under Supreme Leader Snoke, who is a powerful figure on the Dark Side of the Force.”

"As for The First Order, the cabal these two villains oversee, Abrams compared this Imperial remnant to Nazis who fled to South America after the fall of Hitler and the defeat of Germany after World War II. What if they regrouped, rebuilt, and decided to return? “Could Vader be a martyr?” Abrams asks. “Could there be a need to see through what didn’t get done?”"

So Snoke is a Dark Jedi? Where the F did HE come from? Palpatine wouldn't have trained him. His lust for power and control would make it illogical to have Vader AND a back-up apprentice. Unless, maybe he sensed weakness in Vader after the events in Empire?

So Snoke is a Dark Jedi? Where the F did HE come from? Palpatine wouldn't have trained him. His lust for power and control would make it illogical to have Vader AND a back-up apprentice. Unless, maybe he sensed weakness in Vader after the events in Empire?
Pretty tight lid on him. His voice is in the first trailer. Not much other than that but he's no Sith.

I don't believe he's supposed to have built it himself but I could be wrong. If I'm not mistaken, he's a believer in the old ways, and collects artifacts, including Vader's helmet and his old, antiquated lightsaber. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, but obviously who knows if it's accurate.

Yeah, I think Ren might just be a Vader fanboy and a Jedi poser. He might not even be strong in the force. The only people with Jedi potential should be children of Leia or Luke.

Yeah, I think Ren might just be a Vader fanboy and a Jedi poser. He might not even be strong in the force. The only people with Jedi potential should be children of Leia or Luke.
Maybe Luke has been out trying to repopulate the Jedi all over the galaxy, using the Jedi mind trick to lure fertile females of all species. That's what I would do.

Maybe Luke has been out trying to repopulate the Jedi all over the galaxy, using the Jedi mind trick to lure fertile females of all species. That's what I would do.
Edit: Luke is creating the Jedi Bastard Army.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom