Official Star Wars The Force Awakens Pregame Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Official Star Wars The Force Awakens Pregame Thread

Hello nerds.

so what does everyone think? j/k
Have you seen the Triumph the insult comic dog at the Star Wars Episode 1 premier in NYC? Toga posted it, it is amazing.

CR8qkX7VAAAlBKQ.png

Look at the bandage on Chewie's right arm. He clearly gets shot by the First Order. One of my buddies thinks one or both Chewie and Han will be killed in this movie.

Also, he told me Luke isn't evil. He's in seclusion with R2 after Ren helped destroy what Luke rebuilt. Luke is Obi-Wan, basically

CR8qkX7VAAAlBKQ.png

Look at the bandage on Chewie's right arm. He clearly gets shot by the First Order. One of my buddies thinks one or both Chewie and Han will be killed in this movie.

Also, he told me Luke isn't evil. He's in seclusion with R2 after Ren helped destroy what Luke rebuilt. Luke is Obi-Wan, basically

Stop. With. The. Spoilers.

Nothing I said is a fact but I will stop.

I'm not paying attention to any of the speculation crap anyway. I ruined the pre-quel trilogy for myself by scouring the Internet, so I've stopped doing that.

The original source of the "Han gets killed" rumor was actually Harrison Ford himself wayyyy back before casting went beyond the Big Three. He was never very keen on answering Star Wars related questions anyway. He ran from the topic for years. When people were looking for nuggets after they heard that Hamill and Fisher had signed on, but Ford had not "officially declared", Ford threw out "I'll come back and do it, but they have to promise to kill me off in the first one." It's a red herring that people have clung to since he said it. Actually, after Ford got back onto the set, and reunited with everyone, he warmed up to the character again and said it was good to be "back in the chair", so to speak. I doubt Han is a goner. Although, he could be put in Carbon Freeze again. ;)

And we know Han will be back in 2018 in the Han Solo Solo movie regardless of his fate in The Force Awakens :)

New trailer from Japan.

Goosebumps. Goose. Bumps. Loved it! So Rey is waiting for "her family". Hmmmm. And why would Kylo Ren invade Jakku, which it certainly looks like his forces are doing? And Rey with Ren in the forest of ...Yavin? Leia and 3PO back in the war room. Just awesome. And it looks like Chewie is detonating some kind of device. I already want to kick Ren in the sack, so I guess that's good. When I saw Vader as a kid, I was scared of him. I bet Ren will do some awful things early that will generate the same feelings towards him.

All I have to say is that I hope Luke can crush things with the Force and will have a grand, albeit short, role in this one. The more I see of that scene with Rey crying, the deeper the pit in my stomach gets about Han. I'm predicting an ending that is darker than A New Hope, more like Empire.

16 second clip as shown last night during the AMA's. It's just a little context of shots we've seen in the trailers, obviously no real spoilers.

I could listen to Daisey Ridley say "Quadjumper" about a million times before it got old. Adorable. I think it's interesting they opted for her to have a British accent given the connotation with evil for British accents in the prior films.

16 second clip as shown last night during the AMA's. It's just a little context of shots we've seen in the trailers, obviously no real spoilers.

I could listen to Daisey Ridley say "Quadjumper" about a million times before it got old. Adorable. I think it's interesting they opted for her to have a British accent given the connotation with evil for British accents in the prior films.
She's not British. She's from Outer Space.

Another trailer. Can anyone tell who is the man screaming at :12-13. Is that Luke?

Another trailer. Can anyone tell who is the man screaming at :12-13. Is that Luke?

What man screaming? I don't hear a scream. The guy you SEE screaming is Poe Daemron while being mind tortured by Kylo Ren.

What man screaming? I don't hear a scream. The guy you SEE screaming is Poe Daemron while being mind tortured by Kylo Ren.
Yep. Same scene from the theatrical trailer.

I am in the camp of Kylo Ren is not who we are being led to believe he is.

Here is a nice 6 minute compilation of all the trailers in what appears chronological order.

the pre sale numbers are crazy for this.. imax numbers will be off the charts opening weekend..

if you want to see this in syracuse pre-opening day in imax there are 3 shows.. the first two have 1 row left around 40 tickets.. the 1:50 am is pretty open. opening day the 10am and the 11:30 pm are pretty empty but the other three are getting close to sold out as well. not the hype that the rest of the country is seeing but pretty good for 2 weeks out and a place with almost 20 shows a day. Sat looks to be about the same. so sunday is the best bet right now for your pick of seats.

After the premiere last night, two of the country's leading nerds, Patton Oswald and Chris Hardwick, both tweeted their gushing praise of the new movie. So excited.

Reviews can be released at midnight tonight.

I'm excited about the Patton Oswalt praise. Chris Hardwick...not so much. I like Hardwick fine, but he's a little overly effusive about some nerdy things. He geeks out about the dumbest things and the worst episodes of Walking Dead.

Oswalt, however, does not hold back. The fact that he raved about TFA is big.

Brief non spoiler review from the guy who created Deadpool has me stoked.

What thrilled me as a kid were the faces and places in Star Wars. The various characters and the locales that were visited. I felt that again with The Force Awakens. All new locales, all new faces brilliantly mixed with familiar friends and themes. The new characters are GREAT! Poe, Rey, Finn and Kylo drive this new saga and carry the films narrative. I wanted more out of each of them. They are fun and funny, terrifying and tragic! I hate Kylo Ren more than I ever imagined!

Adam Driver's Kylo Ren is a monster. What more can you ask from your villain than to inspire contempt from your audience. He's Vader bad. Maybe worse. Finn is a blast, I loved and understood all his actions and motivations. Poe Dameron is exiting, his confidence and enthusiasm is contagious. Daisy Ridley is a REVELATION! Words fail how great she is as Rey. J. J. Abrams casts films like no other! I was mesmerized by her.

Here's the deal, the practicality of not only the effects but the locales provide the extra layer, that element the prequels were missing. The desert, sprawling spaceships, the jungle, frozen forests, lakes, ruins, this movie transports you to new worlds and you dig all of it!

Old Han Solo is BEST Han Solo. My favorite outing for the character by far. Chewbacca is never better. He and Han play off each other so well. And he shoots his rifle more here than ever. A lot. Best light saber duel ever. EVER. It's powerful, emotional and they out and out throttle each other. The movie is gorgeous. They have hidden much from us. Or as The Emperor used to say, "A great many things"

Having slept on it, I really loved Star Wars The Force Awakens. It's an exciting and lavish production, The new cast it terrific. You'll have an overwhelming desire to see episode 8 immediately. It episode 7 repeatedly as I will be going.

I get to see an advanced screening tonight of TFA. I will be spoiler free till next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom