Official Star Wars The Force Awakens Pregame Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Official Star Wars The Force Awakens Pregame Thread

I'll be seeing it Thursday night at 8. I plan on spoiling it for EVERYONE.
forceblock_3526936b.jpg

I was a big fan of the original star war series specially The Empire strikes back. Never cared for what little bit I saw of the later versions. I was a big fan of Independence day and would love to see a remake.

Hardwick is savvy as s hi ttt. He has figured an amazing way to capitalize on geekdom bigtime.
He knows what hes doing

Holy crap great movie. It is the best Start Wars since ESB.

My order is now Ep. 4, Ep.5, Ep.7, Ep.6, Ep.3, Ep.1, Ep.2

All I will say is the Lightsaber scene WAS BLEEPING AWESOME. No Spoilers.

I hate you for seeing this already! Since you've now seen it, can you confirm the rumors that Daisy Ridley as Rey does in fact want to have babies with me?

Some questions I have that I'm asking myself that I can't wait to see for myself on Thursday night.

1) Obviously no Fox fanfare, wonder if they recorded a new Lucasfilm fanfare than the cobbled together but from the digital releases.

2) wonder what the opening crawl will tell us. Wonder what the pan down after the scroll will show us?

3) Luke...what's the deal?

4) How does John Williams new score sound and how does that rank compared to the other 6 movies?

5) will it end on a cliffhanger?

6) will this movie sneak into the Best Picture race?

How was John Williams score?

Currently 97% on rotten tomatoes. Ok, now I'm officially going crazy with anticipation.

How was John Williams score?
Music was awesome. This movie was the best Star Wars since Empire. Trust me every question you asked is answered well and the story was well done.
The music at the beginning was perfect.

The crawl will answer the main plot of the movie. I will say this and if you don't want to know anything don't read below this. .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Every prediction I made in this thread was wrong.

If you read the 1977 review about people flocking to see it? do people remember that? i know as a kid at the time no one i knew had even heard of it.. it was only after seeing it listed weeks in the paper that we thought about even trying to see it.. back in the day the movie ad took a whole page or 2 out of the local paper and we scanned thru it every week to see what was coming out. i dont recall any hype for the movie at all.

I'm seeing this movie tomorrow night.

I've always thought to myself, "Man, it would have been so cool to go back and watch the original Star Wars movies without knowing the plot twists" but now, here I am...looking at reviews, and so freaking tempted to start reading spoilers.

Someone help.

I'm seeing this movie tomorrow night.

I've always thought to myself, "Man, it would have been so cool to go back and watch the original Star Wars movies without knowing the plot twists" but now, here I am...looking at reviews, and so freaking tempted to start reading spoilers.

Someone help.
Don't. I won't tell you the plot. I will tell you the opening crawl will make the overall plot of this episode obvious. This movie was awesome and without telling you anything it is similar to Episode 4 with how the plot arc I think is going.

Again don't read the spoilers it was awesome and the lightsaber scene was awesome.

Don't. I won't tell you the plot. I will tell you the opening crawl will make the overall plot of this episode obvious. This movie was awesome and without telling you anything it is similar to Episode 4 with how the plot arc I think is going.

Again don't read the spoilers it was awesome and the lightsaber scene was awesome.
Yeah, I read a review that said what the basic plot is, so now it's gotten me way too curious to find out more.

looking at pre-sale stats is 50/50 2d to 3rd with Imax selling out all over so hard to tell how that skews the opening weekend numbers.

Hilarious...down to 94% on rotten tomatoes. The basic theme of every negative review is "this movie isn't good because it caters to what the fans want to see." So basically the opposite of the prequals criticism. Sign my ass up.

Last edited:
Hilarious...down to 94% on rotten tomatoes. The basic theme of every negative review is "this movie isn't good because it caters to what the fans want to see." So basically the opposite of the prequals criticism. Sign my ass up.
I wish they never made Episode 1-3 and this was the 4th movie. The plot was everything out of the original A New Hope and not annoying like Phantom Menace.

Haters gonna hate.

really hard to even look at reviews these days since so many have no background even the ones for the more major sources.

In fairness, the one piece of criticism I've read that I can see being legitimate is people saying it's basically just JJ Abrams copying too much from the first film, and too many little "wink wink, nudge nudge" moments, which is honestly something I've been afraid of, considering that's exactly the same stuff JJ pulled with Star Trek.

I don't think it'll bother me, but I can see why it would bother some people.

the early box office numbers are crazy. the place on 42 street is adding shows and has sold out most of the 50+ for thurs and the 70+ of friday..

So who has a guess about weekend box office? Jurassic World just set a new record with $208 million. Only that and Avengers have ever topped $200 million.

But am I crazy to think this could wind up getting up around $230 million or so? Maybe even sniffing $250 million?

EDIT: Deadline Hollywood is projecting anywhere between $185-$220 million for the weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom