Ohio Attendance | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

I hate when companies undercut their regulars. BUT, if we get inside of a week before game 1 and their are still tix available, they need to contact every Pop Warner coach in 315 and give them to kids. At least then you’re investing in the future. Them and military. Because, well because.

It’s game one of the HCFFB era. You can’t overestimate the perceived value of a packed dome. Especially when you cut the seats down to 42K. Fill it with kids and parents. Tell the Pop Warner kids they get a free soda if they wear their football jersey.

is that legal now? It used to be a recruiting violation not that long ago?

When I look at tickets today vs 1 month ago for the Ohio game, I don't see any movement at all. There are lots of tickets that were not on the map 1 month ago. And since they hide every other row it's very hard to get a read on what has been sold.

The lower deck does look good on paper though. Other than the huge blob in C108> maybe they should tarp that to look like the old band members.

313-321 away side upper has a ton of work to do in those $50-75 seats thats gonna be pretty sparce up there. Same for the home between the 30s

I hate when companies undercut their regulars. BUT, if we get inside of a week before game 1 and their are still tix available, they need to contact every Pop Warner coach in 315 and give them to kids. At least then you’re investing in the future. Them and military. Because, well because.

It’s game one of the HCFFB era. You can’t overestimate the perceived value of a packed dome. Especially when you cut the seats down to 42K. Fill it with kids and parents. Tell the Pop Warner kids they get a free soda if they wear their football jersey.
Great Post. I was thinking the same thing.

On the same token, all the community service work Fran and team have done throughout the city.. get tickets to them as well. Helps to pack the dome for the start of a new era and make life-long fans of the kids from the inner-city. I recall during the spring game there seemed to be lots of kids with their pop warner jerseys in the end zone sections.

Not saying a ticket give away needs to be done for conference games but for game 1 of the Fran era, let's get these folks in the dome who wouldn't otherwise have the means to attend a game.

Last edited:

Right or wrong the days of SU doing massive free ticket giveaways are over. With the increased prices for season tickets the last few years, the Athletic Dept doesn't want the backlash from some season ticket holders and doesn't want people thinking SU will just give out tickets if they don't sell enough by a certain timeframe.

for me to support? I have had season tickets since I went to school at Syracuse/ ESF and I am 50 years old, and for 5-6 years I lived on the west coast. I will be there and always have been. It ain't me man but I certainly understand casuals not being interested at this point. The product has STUNK. I always have a good time regardless, but many people don't look at it that way.

Casuals don't follow recruiting or portal stuff they follow wins. two good seasons in 23 years isn't going to bring the fans back or create new ones
I thought you were speaking in terms of your take on coming to games and supporting the team. My apologies. Thanks for your reply

is that legal now? It used to be a recruiting violation not that long ago?

When I look at tickets today vs 1 month ago for the Ohio game, I don't see any movement at all. There are lots of tickets that were not on the map 1 month ago. And since they hide every other row it's very hard to get a read on what has been sold.

The lower deck does look good on paper though. Other than the huge blob in C108> maybe they should tarp that to look like the old band members.

313-321 away side upper has a ton of work to do in those $50-75 seats thats gonna be pretty sparce up there. Same for the home between the 30s
Welp, that sounds bleak. I watch the maps closely too, agree 100% not seeing much movement fir ohio.

27k here we come? Ugh. Just, ugh.

I think 35k is bottom level of what will be there. my map had only about 6500 left before they even removed rows online

Just from my perspective

Steelers Bills preseason 200 level row A tickets I was able to get for $45 each, Steelers side.

300 level visitor side of the Dome asking $70+ for Ohio.

Granted the Bills and Steelers set back Offensive football fifty years, but the value for the view and experience was solid.

If I recall correctly SU football fans were also told to "get a life." Many took that advice and embarked on a new path without the team. I thought attacking the fans was wild but what do I know?
You might say the casuals went ahead and 'buzzed' off after that. ok, yeah I said it.

Just from my perspective

Steelers Bills preseason 200 level row A tickets I was able to get for $45 each, Steelers side.

Granted the Bills and Steelers set back Offensive football fifty years, but the value for the view and experience was solid.
Why the hell are standard issue tix for ohio from su $70 in upper sidelines. Youre correct, I just looked at a bunch of seats on tixmaster. Yet ppl can buy verified resale in same places for $30. Why does su price individual seats in these sections so high, while touting operation pack the dome for cheapo endzone seats. No casual fan and their fam is ever gonna pay $70 face value. Jesus

Why the hell are standard issue tix for ohio from su $70 in upper sidelines. Youre correct, I just looked at a bunch of seats on tixmaster. Yet ppl can buy verified resale in same places for $30. Why does su price individual seats in these sections so high, while touting operation pack the dome for cheapo endzone seats. No casual fan and their fam is ever gonna pay $70 face value. Jesus

I’ve been screaming that for years for games against teams like Ohio etc.

A conference game or P4 opponent? Sure.

But not for a MAC team etc.

I believe they do this to verify the value of seasons. However, I don’t think any season ticket holder is going to complain about those tickets being say $45 or whatever.

We aren’t talking a big name opponent. I think it goes to show how out of touch some within the athletic department are

My quick scan tells me there is some movement. We might get fairly close to a sell out for the Bobcats.

It’s not just mediocre results - previous administrations had a hand in where we’re at. I knew a bunch of guys in my graduating class who stopped going to games after Jake’s “one horse town” fiasco - I realize he did a lot for building Syracuse athletics but he deserves a lot of blame for the problems we face now.

We’ve never been good enough since then to win back that generation of fans. I was able to get a couple of guys tentatively interested after 2018, actually managed to get a group to go on a road trip to Maryland “just like old times”…only it wasn’t as that was the worst sheetshow for Syracuse football since 62-0. Whatever interest I’d started to rekindle from old STH I’d tailgated with 25 years ago was successfully snuffed out by Dino in College Park.

We probably need two years (at least) of 9-10 win seasons to even have a chance at improving attendance at non-marquee games at Syracuse. Thinking a solid recruiting class means much is bizarre to me - because we’re so far from that mattering at all. Heck - I don’t think we’d see a significant change after a 10 win season!
You had a series of Chancellors, and AD's who weren't up to the job. The good doctor irritated people moving home games.
Shaw and Nancy were terrible, Jake at the end let BC take our spot on the ACC.
It took our current Chancellor time to realize we needed new blood, and get JW.
Hopefully Fran and Autry get us back where we need to be.

The state fair excuse again? Doesn’t that go on for a bit? Can’t people do both if we’re talking about 15 dollar tix to the game?

Starting to not care about people picking a fair over the season opener.
Imagine picking hanging out with a bunch of shady carnies over the Dome?!

I had some tix to sell in 320 on the aisle in the $200 zone...the Ticketmaster suggested pricing was BS. I dropped them to $40 and got them sold.

I'd rather make a few extra bucks than eat the ticket

My quick scan tells me there is some movement. We might get fairly close to a sell out for the Bobcats.
I'm hopeful but they play games with those maps

Just from my perspective

Preseason compared to season openers now?

Yikes

Also some here are speaking on Ohio like they’re Colgate. The MAC isn’t that bad.

It's pathetic for a D1 program, whatever the litany of reasons

Then the casual wonders why recruits don't want to come, and good coaches don't want to come or stay.

Gameday atmosphere is just as much a responsibility of the fan as it is the school

Our fans outside the main core base, don't understand that and don't care to
The casuals don’t wonder why. That’s why they are casuals. If Syracuse had been a top 25 team these last 25 years, there would be a larger contingent of diehards. They haven’t though, so you have more casuals.
Not hard folks, Field of Dreams. Build it (win) and they will come.

I’ve been screaming that for years for games against teams like Ohio etc.

A conference game or P4 opponent? Sure.

But not for a MAC team etc.

I believe they do this to verify the value of seasons. However, I don’t think any season ticket holder is going to complain about those tickets being say $45 or whatever.

We aren’t talking a big name opponent. I think it goes to show how out of touch some within the athletic department are
I think you are totally correct that su does this to verify season tix pricing, the $70 does roughly equate to the tix cost per game there over 7 games.

But still, as you said, I dont think many of us would have a problem if, say, 10 days before a game vs a MAC school no name (for casuals), su dropped 20 or 25 bucks off singles that didnt sell as a season tix. Just so non diehards (which we need 7 or 8k of to sell out any game), would actually buy them, and take their family.

Im happy to pay more for my tix than casual fans, its a price I for one would be more than willing to pay (yes, pun) to get the Dome filled. Personally, a full house enhances my gameday experience exponentially.

I had some tix to sell in 320 on the aisle in the $200 zone...the Ticketmaster suggested pricing was BS. I dropped them to $40 and got them sold.

I'd rather make a few extra bucks than eat the ticket
Yep, if you want to move them, you sure as hell wouldnt want to follow their suggested value. Youd, as you said, defintely eat em. Good move

People who think we’re going to get anything near 40k need a reality check. It’s week 1 against Ohio. It will be right around what we typically get for opener against a non P4 team.

Let’s not expect a full house until we’ve won a few games and have an ACC team coming to town.

I hope I’m wrong and will gladly eat crow.