Class of 2025 - OL Byron Washington (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/23/24) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OL Byron Washington (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/23/24)

Jurassic Park Wow GIF by Vidiots

I saw a meme of this kid on instagram the other day, was the photo of him blocking number 11 in his december twitter post that has since been posted here. Assumed a kid of his size would be headed to the SEC for sure, a couple days later he’s committed to Cuse. HCFB showing why he’s the best recruiter in the country.

While he described himself as a 'down South boy,' he previously said he was drawn to Syracuse because of the relationships he's built with the current coaching staff, including Nick Williams, who recruited him while he was at Colorado.

"I respect the way he coaches, and he respects the way I play," Washington said. "It's a mutual respect there. I would love to have him as a coach. He's a great guy and understands the Texas way of playing."

So obviously a ”big” pickup. What is the story with this guy though? Did he play top league play in Texas? Good in the gym? Pursued by some good schools?
DeSoto is top tier of Texas football. His team won states last season. He just needs to get in better physical condition. S&C coaches have a very large and raw slab of marble to work with.

While he described himself as a 'down South boy,' he previously said he was drawn to Syracuse because of the relationships he's built with the current coaching staff, including Nick Williams, who recruited him while he was at Colorado.

"I respect the way he coaches, and he respects the way I play," Washington said. "It's a mutual respect there. I would love to have him as a coach. He's a great guy and understands the Texas way of playing."

Can this big fella play any hoops?

Because we could sure use some beef in the middle.

(That’s what she said.)

one note of caution, we’ve brought in a couple of huge guys recently that haven’t been significant players because they’ve broken down, White and Ellis.

he probably needs two years focused on reshaping his body to be a contributor.

I am 100% on board whenever we recruit an OL with a square head.

Blake Bednarz approves this message.
No one will ever accuse him of having insufficient neck.

I watched some of his blocking drill video upthread, and he was just handling guys with half hearted effort. Getting him up against a guy who is any kind of challenge is going to be mission number one when he's on campus.

Good thing we've got a defensive line full of fast 320 pound guys all of a sudden. ;)

one note of caution, we’ve brought in a couple of huge guys recently that haven’t been significant players because they’ve broken down, White and Ellis.

he probably needs two years focused on reshaping his body to be a contributor.
Absolutely. I think if he gets down under 340 he will be in good shape. Hopefully long-term is the 320-330 range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom