Class of 2025 - OL Byron Washington (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/23/24) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OL Byron Washington (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/23/24)

He projects to OG for me. While his feet are good for a man his size, I think he’s likely to struggle with division one speed rushers.

Very good offer sheet. I am curious what the deal with UT is. They offered him this past year and it sounded like he was a priority target. I could see some push to flip later in the cycle.

one note of caution, we’ve brought in a couple of huge guys recently that haven’t been significant players because they’ve broken down, White and Ellis.

he probably needs two years focused on reshaping his body to be a contributor.
I bet he starts as a true frosh

I bet he starts as a true frosh

Lot of sour grapes on that Texas board, but sometimes a kid is too big to be a dominant OL.

He's definitely not going to be a year one starter unless he loses some of the bad weight between now and enrollment.

Love the pickup though, especially this early in the cycle.

I am 100% on board whenever we recruit an OL with a square head.

Blake Bednarz approves this message.
I lived in south campus my sophomore year. Blake lived next door. One night, in the spring semester, Blake came home after enjoying the ‘nice’ weather (as my roommate and I had) and his key wouldn’t open his apartment door. He started to bull rush the door to get in. Problem was it was my door.

for the coaches on here, is this kid good or just huge. As noted above, we’ve had huge guys come in and struggle.

I will say this. It seems like early feedback on our S&C is positive. Example being LA seemingly added some mass and good muscle as has OG. My sense would be if Fran is the straight shooter we are hearing about, then there was a message of we want you here Byron and we will make you better and that includes getting some of that bad weight and adding muscle and endurance. If the player comes ready, with this S&C group I would envision a good outcome here.

Largest player cuse has ever received a commit from? Has to be. Ellis is not as tall, although very large. Their builds are different. This is an SEC type build with S&C all day long

one note of caution, we’ve brought in a couple of huge guys recently that haven’t been significant players because they’ve broken down, White and Ellis.

And prior to that Denzel Ward. It’s a valid point. I think the good thing about this kid is he’s 6’8 380 not 6’6 400+ like Ellis. And this kid has huge arms too.

IMG_1937.jpeg

This is a kid you get in S&C for a year, shed the bad weight, work on his mechanics and he has the potential to hit the 2 deep as a RF as a OG. I don’t know if I see the lateral agility and foot speed to be an OT but man he could be a monster as a OG.

Last edited:

Would do wonders if he could shed weight a la Andrew Tiller.

Have to think this kid shifts inside, but maybe if he drops some weight he could play RT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom