Class of 2025 - OL Byron Washington (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/23/24) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OL Byron Washington (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/23/24)

I don’t know if this is a good move. Might bankrupt us just keeping him in jersey pads and helmet

I lived in south campus my sophomore year. Blake lived next door. One night, in the spring semester, Blake came home after enjoying the ‘nice’ weather (as my roommate and I had) and his key wouldn’t open his apartment door. He started to bull rush the door to get in. Problem was it was my door.

Blake is a great man!
He’s a local pharmaceutical rep. Can’t wait to show him this lol

He’s a local pharmaceutical rep. Can’t wait to show him this lol
Oh I know him well. He's married to my wife's aunt and we live in the same town. He is a great guy and a phenomenal cook! You'll never leave that man's house hungry!

BIG BOOOOOOM

party GIF

How is our QB not going to throw the ball into the back of this guy’s helmet? Hell, how is our punter going to kick it over him?

Last edited:
How is our QB not going to throw the ball into the back of this guy’s helmet? Hell, how is our punter going to kick it over him?
Who is this punter of whom you speak? Fran won’t need any punters. 4th down this kid gets the ball. Who is gonna tackle him? The Bears had the fridge, this kid is the walk-in freezer.

So obviously a ”big” pickup. What is the story with this guy though? Did he play top league play in Texas? Good in the gym? Pursued by some good schools?

DeSoto is a longtime Texas powerhouse. They won this year's 6A State Championship 74-14. They've won the last two state titles.

6A is the largest Texas Classification with a minimum enrollment of 2275+ students.

Oddly, Texas has 2 divisions of 6A football and two State Champs in that Class. I'm not sure what the difference is. Could be shear volume. Football Playoff Brackets — University Interscholastic League (UIL)

6A Division 1 State Champ - Duncanville
6A Division 2 State Champ - DeSoto

By the way, the #11 kid in that photo, according to Max Preps and the Summer Creek Roster is listed at 6-4 210

The kid next to him is 6'2" and 195 lbs.

what's funny is that #11 in the thread photo is listed at 6-4 210

According to Max Preps and the Summer Creek Roster

247 has him at 6-2 240, with offers from Houston, Texas Tech and UNLV.

IMG_5459.jpg

Last edited:
Can this big fella play any hoops?

Because we could sure use some beef in the middle.

(That’s what she said.)
Will he be able to stand anywhere on the court and not get a 3 second violation?

Last edited:
Oddly, Texas has 2 divisions of 6A football and two State Champs in that Class. I'm not sure what the difference is. Could be shear volume. Football Playoff Brackets — University Interscholastic League (UIL)

6A Division 1 State Champ - Duncanville
6A Division 2 State Champ - DeSoto

Was just looking this up. Apparently, they split 6A in two for the playoffs. For 6A, they take the Top 4 finishers in each district (equivalent to leagues in the NYSPHAA). The two schools with the largest enrollment in that Top 4 go to Division 1 and the two "smaller" schools go into Division 2.

De Soto and Duncanville are in the same district (the high schools are literally 10 miles apart), so they played during the regular season. Duncanville's only loss of 2023 was De Soto.

Got a chance to chat with this young man last night

Two things..

1) Very nice kid, Mom was very excited to be Orange. Very excited and happy to be there

2) He is absolutely as large as advertised. Just unreal. Once they bulk him up with good weight this kid is going to be an absolute force.

Looking forward to watching him develop

Got a chance to chat with this young man last night

Two things..

1) Very nice kid, Mom was very excited to be Orange. Very excited and happy to be there

2) He is absolutely as large as advertised. Just unreal. Once they bulk him up with good weight this kid is going to be an absolute force.

Looking forward to watching him develop
Was probably the easiest recruit for you to pick out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom