Class of 2023 - OL/DL Vincent Carroll-Jackson (PA) Flipped to Nebraska | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OL/DL Vincent Carroll-Jackson (PA) Flipped to Nebraska

Shame these kids can’t see they are on the cusp of something big if they stay…Nebraska is not what it once was and we are so ever close

Would really really sting to have our Top 2 rated recruits flip right at the end and lose Duce, Linton and Carter to the portal.
Now with the portal I am not sure how much weight to place on any high school recruit.
Even if they commit they can be gone in less than a year.
Hopefully he sticks but I have confidence in the staff they will get the right players.

Nebraska’s garbage. Get them on the schedule, seriously.

I don’t understand committing just to flip 4 days later. I understand he’s 17, but really?

I’ll say it again, this is recruiting and we are trying to do the same thing to kids with pledges.

I’ll also say with a free portal opportunity, we don’t want kids second guessing their choices and decidimg ten minutes after they get here “maybe I should have gone to Nebraska…” we want them certain Cuse is the spot. And even if they go elsewhere, we want to have made a heck of an impression to give us a shot at round 2, which oh by the way might be the more valuable pledge given that they can’t walk away from it nearly as easily.

what will be, will be. Rest assured our staff will be on the phone with the kid as soon as they can to try and keep him steady before NSD

Apparantly Rhule was in Philly last week visiting Bertrand (the A&M commit that we were after) trying to get him to visit Nebraska this weekend but think Bertrand ended up going on visit to A&M instead (I feel like he has had 3-4 OV’s there already). Wonder if them getting Carroll-Jackson in for visit was in response to Bertrand not wavering? That is if Nebraska is viewing them both as OL.

I’ll say it again, this is recruiting and we are trying to do the same thing to kids with pledges.

I’ll also say with a free portal opportunity, we don’t want kids second guessing their choices and decidimg ten minutes after they get here “maybe I should have gone to Nebraska…” we want them certain Cuse is the spot. And even if they go elsewhere, we want to have made a heck of an impression to give us a shot at round 2, which oh by the way might be the more valuable pledge given that they can’t walk away from it nearly as easily.

what will be, will be. Rest assured our staff will be on the phone with the kid as soon as they can to try and keep him steady before NSD
I generally agree although I think there is a difference between recruiting kids that are interested in us vs recruiting kids that are committed to us.

I generally agree although I think there is a difference between recruiting kids that are interested in us vs recruiting kids that are committed to us.

and yet you can rest assured we are certainly talking to kids who are committed elsewhere as well. Look no further than the kid we flipped from ODU.

this is the way the game is played, right up until pens get put to paper and the fax machines are fired up and dialed on NSD. Even then, it isn’t over with the portal. we are recruiting these kids everyday from the moment we start until they graduate and leave here as SU Alums.

and yet you can rest assured we are certainly talking to kids who are committed elsewhere as well. Look no further than the kid we flipped from ODU.

this is the way the game is played, right up until pens get put to paper and the fax machines are fired up and dialed on NSD. Even then, it isn’t over with the portal. we are recruiting these kids everyday from the moment we start until they graduate and leave here as SU Alums.
Babers did it when he came here with committed Bowling Green kids but I still don’t like it. To each their own.

It’s different if you’re trying to flip kids from programs you didn’t just leave for a new job.

Babers did it when he came here with committed Bowling Green kids but I still don’t like it. To each their own.

It’s different if you’re trying to flip kids from programs you didn’t just leave for a new job.
At the end of the day trying to flip a kid, is trying to flip a kid.

anyone who expected White to wipe his hands of all the kids he recruited to SU is nuts. He wanted those guys for his system then, and he won’t just try and get 2nd and 3rd tier kids for his system at his new job just because SU fans won’t like it.

I agree it’s not good for us, and I wish it didn’t work like that, but there’s only so much talent to go around. Everyone’s fighting for the same best kids. It’s our job to prove to those kids SU is worth it, and everything White promised and more, even if White isn’t here.

At the end of the day trying to flip a kid, is trying to flip a kid.

anyone who expected White to wipe his hands of all the kids he recruited to SU is nuts. He wanted those guys for his system then, and he won’t just try and get 2nd and 3rd tier kids for his system at his new job just because SU fans won’t like it.

I agree it’s not good for us, and I wish it didn’t work like that, but there’s only so much talent to go around. Everyone’s fighting for the same best kids. It’s our job to prove to those kids SU is worth it, and everything White promised and more, even if White isn’t here.
Again, I didn’t say wipe his hands of all kids. I specifically said kids committed to Syracuse.

Again, I didn’t say wipe his hands of all kids. I specifically said kids committed to Syracuse.

Which kids has White been heavily in contact with that were committed to us when he got his new job? This kid wasnt committed to us until after White left. Where does that count on the scale of ok to recruit?

Which kids has White been heavily in contact with that were committed to us when he got his new job? This kid wasnt committed to us until after White left. Where does that count on the scale of ok to recruit?
I’m not sure why I have to keep repeating myself here but again - recruiting kids committed to Syracuse during this cycle when White left. It’s irrelevant as far as I’m concerned as to when they committed.

And I had to check but I was wrong about Babers - he recruited Armstrong and Foster after they decommitted from Bowling Green following the coaching change. So I’m ok with that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom