Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

C'mon man, don't insult the guy. Shy Is much more handsome the Lebron! Might just be the guns, but I think he looks a like a young DC3.
Ha! I agree that his guns look more like DC3.

Was commenting more facially. When Lebron is on court he often has a "I mean business" scowl. The same look of intensity on Shy's face when lifting.

Damn...what time does he go to bed every night. He must need at least 8 hours of sleep a night in order to recover from his intense workouts.

I tried working out this morning (6:30am) instead of my usual after work routine...lets just say it did not go well. Hopefully it is something that my body can adjust too but I really had a hard time warming up, getting loose, and generating any type of intensity. I would prefer getting the workouts out of the way in the morning but it was a struggle.

Damn...what time does he go to bed every night. He must need at least 8 hours of sleep a night in order to recover from his intense workouts.

I tried working out this morning (6:30am) instead of my usual after work routine...lets just say it did not go well. Hopefully it is something that my body can adjust too but I really had a hard time warming up, getting loose, and generating any type of intensity. I would prefer getting the workouts out of the way in the morning but it was a struggle.

Morning workouts can lead to a great energy level throughout the day. Where I fail, apart from simply being a better performer in the evening than morning, is the psychological aspect. I look forward to my evening workouts and although I enjoy my job, it can carry me through the more challenging days. If I lift at 5 AM, I have nothing to look forward to after work.

Among many things, my workouts are a stress release. It may sound foolish, but on a rough day I may find a couple seconds to think about my upcoming deadlift or squat set/rep scheme and it can honestly change my mood and carry me through the rest of the day. Iron is a reliable friend. Morning workouts, although they have benefits, are not for me. Except for fasted HIIT sprints on a weekend morning!

He usually is in bed around 9 sometimes he is up till 11 at the latest. We are trying to prep him for getting up on his own everyday. It took about a month for shy to get used to the am workout. The first exercise is always a hard one so we either do like box jumps or ride the bike first get him moving. He does say the rest of his day is better when he gets up and lifts though.

Bam, those toddler-sized Kyrie's he has on are awesome.
Yeah they came out yesterday. I'm hoping Shy makes it to the NFL and gets a sneaker contract. My wife loves to buy the kids shoes
image.jpg

So haven't updated in a bit so I will today. Only a couple days left of school well 5 and then 5 days of finals to go. Shy is stressing pretty bad at this point and I emailed Coach Lea and let him know shy could use a pep talk. It seemed to work shy has been better the last couple days since coach called. With such a short semester it's all coming down to finals. He needs to gets all as and bs here. We are waiting on An sat score and he is signed up for another sat and act in June. But it really comes down to the as and bs.

Yeah they came out yesterday. I'm hoping Shy makes it to the NFL and gets a sneaker contract. My wife loves to buy the kids shoesView attachment 42414

Bam I don't know if NFL guys get sneaker deals. Cleat deals and gloves I've seen, as well as generic clothing, but I don't know about sneakers.

So haven't updated in a bit so I will today. Only a couple days left of school well 5 and then 5 days of finals to go. Shy is stressing pretty bad at this point and I emailed Coach Lea and let him know shy could use a pep talk. It seemed to work shy has been better the last couple days since coach called. With such a short semester it's all coming down to finals. He needs to gets all as and bs here. We are waiting on An sat score and he is signed up for another sat and act in June. But it really comes down to the as and bs.
Best of luck Bam, hopefully he is on the cusp and doesn't need a massive upswing thanks to finals.

We are all rooting for Shy!

Best of luck Bam, hopefully he is on the cusp and doesn't need a massive upswing thanks to finals.

We are all rooting for Shy!

Rooting for Shy is an understatement, personally would be upset if he didn't qualify knowing all the hard work he has put in from Bam's posts. Not a prayer guy but will be saying mine for a tremendous young man.

Do they have the decathlon in HS? If they don't, it's because he would win the event handily.

Good luck on the finals!!! No matter what happens, his hard work is inspirational and he's definitely a kid everyone should be rooting for. Now if I could use some of his 5AM workout mojo to get my ass in better shape...

well i have shared everything good and bad with you all so I will again. Yesterday i got phone call from Eric he wanted to let me know he already pulled shys sat score (I hadnt even called shy to do it it was so early) He said shys score went up 20 more points. He said by the numbers shy would need 1 a and the rest b's to qualify. i have been in constant contact with the school and shys teachers and was sure Shy had the required grades. Until last night. some how shy in the last week dropped to a 73 in algebra. She emailed me to let me know he didnt finish his final today. Shy has extended time for testing and will be able to take the test again today. He has all the required grades in every other class. this could be the only hold up. For those of you who follow shy on twitter please just give him some space. He is as stressed as a 17 yearold can possibly be. Dont even wish him well please. to make matters worse the teacher has informed me she wont have his final grade till Tuesday so we wont even know until then. I literally cant believe this is coming down to the absolute last minute. He doesnt even want to go to his prom he is so freaked out. He doesnt want to go to states for track tomorrow and he has been really looking forward to that. I cant tell you guys how much this really sucks. Its not over and he was up studying this morning at 5 ( we skipped lifting this week to let him prepare for finals) he says he will pull it off. I emailed the teacher and guidance to again stress how important this day really is. I will let you all know as soon as i know...untill then I just want to throw up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom