Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Bam, this is great news. And there is no way it would have been possible if Shy hadn't buckled down and busted his @ss to take care of business. Can't emphasize that enough--he deserves a lot of credit for working as hard as he could to surmount that obstacle. Kudos to your son.

Oh Wait I didnt tell you he actually did better than we thought 3 a's and 4 B's I'm just waiting for the exceptance letter
upload_2015-5-27_16-34-46.jpeg

As someone that works in special ed. and gives academic services to students, I want to say congratulations on the hard work. I know how hard it is to have an extra hurdle or many to cross. I will share the story with my kids on Friday as Shy has been a role model since you shared with us his obstacles and in turn I shared with them. I am sure it will elicit a round of applause or, as we say in our classroom, a round of applesauce!

b1l94kKaQfs6k.gif

Last edited:
So again I promised to share the good with the bad. shy's final grades came in today and they were not what we expected. We are all kind of stunned right now. I texted Eric but haven't heard back yet.Not really sure where we go from here

:rolling:

Good'un!

Bambrewer said:
So again I promised to share the good with the bad. shy's final grades came in today and they were not what we expected. We are all kind of stunned right now. I texted Eric but haven't heard back yet.Not really sure where we go from here

Wow you got me good on that one. Congrats to Bam and the family!

We are thank you! The best part of the extra a and he went up on his sat is he would have had the grades to qualify at the other schools who said they couldn't take a min qualifier. Now if he does good they can sit back and watch the kid destroy them that they could have offered
There is nothing better than watching a kid that was underestimated, has a strong work ethic and something to prove. This one is going to be fun to watch. Look out RBs, QBs and WRs running slants. This is gonna hurt.

Congrats Shy and family. You must all really be proud of him.

Thanks everyone that reached out here and through dm. We are very excited. he came along way. One of the people that dmed me reminded me to go back and look at some past dms we had from this time last year. It was right when we started questioning if they would except his commitment. The staff was chasing another guy I believe it was Barry. We were getting ready to head to camp. Times have changed! It also reminded me to sit with shy last night. Every year Shy and I sit and create a list of 10 goals for the year 10 goals for the next 4 years. Yesterday completed the list. It reminded me of a picture I posted 1 year ago yesterday. It was of Shy sitting at his desk and I believe someone here posted a comment about taking down the BC poster. Well in the bottom of that picture was his list of goals for last year
shygoals.PNG
. So last night we took down that List He accomplished every goal on the list. A few of the goals there were to be a captain of the team, To make honor roll, to raise his gpa and sat, to play division 1 football, to be the best line backer in mass. He has made everyone of his goals in the year. last night he started planning his new list of goals for this year. #1 goal is to show up for camp ready for anything the coaches give out. We have changed his workout to add more conditioning. One of the things we are preparing him for is the running at fort drum. we are starting slow because of track ( states this week in 3 events and all states the week after if he advances...thought I have to admit i hope he doesnt) We will work on getting him to be able to run 5 miles wearing a 50 lb pack... I will be chasing him on a bike through the woods ( hopefully I can drop this 50 lbs of fat that somehow showed up over night on me) he is training at velocity 4 hrs a day 4 days a week starting yesterday (im a little excited no more 5 ams for me) We will be hitting the park 3 days a week running hills doing drills and I posted a video of this kid who is working out with shy. He will be playing rb and receiver simulating coverage drills. Shy is still getting up eary and running a mile and jumping rope. 2nd goal is to learn the whole play book before july 5th. 3rd goal is one I wont share today but if he does 1 and 2 I see no reason he doesnt achieve 3

Bam,

Congrats to Shy and the entire family. I'm sure it must feel that an extremely heavy load was lifted off of your shoulders. Today the sun shines a little brighter and the air smells a little sweeter. Now get him back in that gym at 5am and be prepared to kick some ACC butt!! Again, great news!

Thanks everyone that reached out here and through dm. We are very excited. he came along way. One of the people that dmed me reminded me to go back and look at some past dms we had from this time last year. It was right when we started questioning if they would except his commitment. The staff was chasing another guy I believe it was Barry. We were getting ready to head to camp. Times have changed! It also reminded me to sit with shy last night. Every year Shy and I sit and create a list of 10 goals for the year 10 goals for the next 4 years. Yesterday completed the list. It reminded me of a picture I posted 1 year ago yesterday. It was of Shy sitting at his desk and I believe someone here posted a comment about taking down the BC poster. Well in the bottom of that picture was his list of goals for last yearView attachment 43764. So last night we took down that List He accomplished every goal on the list. A few of the goals there were to be a captain of the team, To make honor roll, to raise his gpa and sat, to play division 1 football, to be the best line backer in mass. He has made everyone of his goals in the year. last night he started planning his new list of goals for this year. #1 goal is to show up for camp ready for anything the coaches give out. We have changed his workout to add more conditioning. One of the things we are preparing him for is the running at fort drum. we are starting slow because of track ( states this week in 3 events and all states the week after if he advances...thought I have to admit i hope he doesnt) We will work on getting him to be able to run 5 miles wearing a 50 lb pack... I will be chasing him on a bike through the woods ( hopefully I can drop this 50 lbs of fat that somehow showed up over night on me) he is training at velocity 4 hrs a day 4 days a week starting yesterday (im a little excited no more 5 ams for me) We will be hitting the park 3 days a week running hills doing drills and I posted a video of this kid who is working out with shy. He will be playing rb and receiver simulating coverage drills. Shy is still getting up eary and running a mile and jumping rope. 2nd goal is to learn the whole play book before july 5th. 3rd goal is one I wont share today but if he does 1 and 2 I see no reason he doesnt achieve 3

I think I can guess no. 3. :)

Thanks everyone that reached out here and through dm. We are very excited. he came along way. One of the people that dmed me reminded me to go back and look at some past dms we had from this time last year. It was right when we started questioning if they would except his commitment. The staff was chasing another guy I believe it was Barry. We were getting ready to head to camp. Times have changed! It also reminded me to sit with shy last night. Every year Shy and I sit and create a list of 10 goals for the year 10 goals for the next 4 years. Yesterday completed the list. It reminded me of a picture I posted 1 year ago yesterday. It was of Shy sitting at his desk and I believe someone here posted a comment about taking down the BC poster. Well in the bottom of that picture was his list of goals for last yearView attachment 43764. So last night we took down that List He accomplished every goal on the list. A few of the goals there were to be a captain of the team, To make honor roll, to raise his gpa and sat, to play division 1 football, to be the best line backer in mass. He has made everyone of his goals in the year. last night he started planning his new list of goals for this year. #1 goal is to show up for camp ready for anything the coaches give out. We have changed his workout to add more conditioning. One of the things we are preparing him for is the running at fort drum. we are starting slow because of track ( states this week in 3 events and all states the week after if he advances...thought I have to admit i hope he doesnt) We will work on getting him to be able to run 5 miles wearing a 50 lb pack... I will be chasing him on a bike through the woods ( hopefully I can drop this 50 lbs of fat that somehow showed up over night on me) he is training at velocity 4 hrs a day 4 days a week starting yesterday (im a little excited no more 5 ams for me) We will be hitting the park 3 days a week running hills doing drills and I posted a video of this kid who is working out with shy. He will be playing rb and receiver simulating coverage drills. Shy is still getting up eary and running a mile and jumping rope. 2nd goal is to learn the whole play book before july 5th. 3rd goal is one I wont share today but if he does 1 and 2 I see no reason he doesnt achieve 3
Just thinking of running 5 miles with a 50-pound pack makes my knees and hips ache.

Bam, your son's work ethic and desire can never be questioned. You have raised a good boy. I have an eight year old that I hope has some of the same traits Shy has. I can speak for us all when I say that we are all looking foward to a happy and successful career for Shy at Syracuse.

Bam, your son's work ethic and desire can never be questioned. You have raised a good boy. I have an eight year old that I hope has some of the same traits Shy has. I can speak for us all when I say that we are all looking foward to a happy and successful career for Shy at Syracuse.

You just never know. My 18 year old was all football, all the time when he was young. He loved the strategy, loved the competition, but particularly loved the hitting. Then 7th grade hit and lost all interest. Played Lacrosse for three years, then quit. Then wrestled his Junior and Senior years. You just never know, kids change and their pursuits change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom