Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

You should probably ensure that Shy very gradually works his way up to 5 miles carrying 50 pounds. That is a lot of wear and tear on your knees.
Oh yeah that will be only a week or so before he leaves. He will do the running then add the weight gradually. My goal is for him to be able to do it for the trip to fort drum. The coaches say they have never had a kid show up in shape and prepared for conditioning. They say everyone thinks they are ready and ThEy are not. I want shy close to his weight goal (220) able to run the 16 110's in under 13 seconds each ( that's 2 seconds below the rb time and 5 below linebacker time) and able to run the long distance. If he does all those I will be excited to see How summer camp goes

Bam
You probably already indicated - but is Shy planning to take a course or two at SU over the Summer? Big time congrats to Shy for qualifying!

I hope our other defensive players peep this forum from time to time, witness, and replicate the extraordinary effort that Shy and Clark put forth.

This recruiting class, along with 2014's, could be very very special. A lot of chips on these kids shoulders and they got the people surrounding them to keep the fire burning.

So again I promised to share the good with the bad. shy's final grades came in today and they were not what we expected. We are all kind of stunned right now. I texted Eric but haven't heard back yet.Not really sure where we go from here
Oh Wait I didnt tell you he actually did better than we thought 3 a's and 4 B's I'm just waiting for the exceptance letter
I haven't been that disappointed and then that excited since RW's commitment;)

So just a little more into the workings of a student athlete process. Shy just got a letter from Syracuse saying he is eligible for a second scholarship. It is part of his Iep which I also got a letter from the NCAA saying his disability is approved so all his meds and extra help are now approved to be used. The scholarship he is applying for is only given to 10 kids. It will give him a lap top and a surface pro. It will have all the electronic aids loaded on to it as well as a light scribe pen for notes. He will attend summer classes to show him how to use the new technology and get 7 credits for doing so. Hopefully he gets this also!

So just a little more into the workings of a student athlete process. Shy just got a letter from Syracuse saying he is eligible for a second scholarship. It is part of his Iep which I also got a letter from the NCAA saying his disability is approved so all his meds and extra help are now approved to be used. The scholarship he is applying for is only given to 10 kids. It will give him a lap top and a surface pro. It will have all the electronic aids loaded on to it as well as a light scribe pen for notes. He will attend summer classes to show him how to use the new technology and get 7 credits for doing so. Hopefully he gets this also!
Talk about a win - win - win. Good luck!

Best of luck Bam, Shy deserves it for all the hard work he has put in.

Bambrewer said:

7 credits? That's a pretty solid head start

Oh Wait I didnt tell you he actually did better than we thought 3 a's and 4 B's I'm just waiting for the exceptance letter
Congratulations. It is great to see what can happen when the right people help support a young person overcome some daunting obstacles to get a reach goal.

Shy has already won and he hasn't spent a minute in an SU classroom.

Very happy for you, Shy and the rest of family.

Congrats again Bam! You and Shy just have to be so over the moon excited about the past few days developments!

Best part of that...the runner in the black looks at the dude in the red shirt like holy cow! Shy is so big to be running that fast its crazy.

Kudos to Shy. However, something tells me Shy didn't do this all by himself. Congrats to the family and all those who supported him along the way! We will all watch him play in the coming years with a knowing smile that this is no ordinary dude.
Orange Pride!!

I think it's funnY when he runs track because he runs like a football player. His arms go out his legs are wide. These other kids are all pulled in hands straight legs close like track runners. Then he beats them lol.

I laughed when I saw that... looks like a freight train coming. I think there will be some scared QBs on the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom