On The Block no more | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

On The Block no more

This happens everywhere. They just don't say it out loud.
Yep. Levine was an idiot to get quoted. All companies drop employees for their own reasons both legit and not legit. Happens everywhere.

Should have been canned for just having a lousy show and quoting ghostbusters every other segment. however I do want my reporters to tell it how it is. I can’t speak to axe’s show because I think he sucks and haven’t listened to it in years. But if I was the university I would steer far away from this

"too negative" is ridiculously subjective.
is "handled with kid gloves" subjective? is " blindly supportive"? or are they objective statements?

I think Axe was too negative. That's my opinion. He can be negative and move on but he likes to add salt to the wounds. Makes him "edgy" and hip.

I've mentioned before that my dad went to Iowa, so I follow them closely like SU. Their athletic department has paid out $11 million in various lawsuit settlements under the currrent AD's watch. And I obviously don't need to tell you guys about the SU drama over the years.

I don't really have a point other than to say it's ironic how the two schools I follow the closest are one drama after another. It's kind of exhausting.

is "handled with kid gloves" subjective? is " blindly supportive"? or are they objective statements?

I think Axe was too negative. That's my opinion. He can be negative and move on but he likes to add salt to the wounds. Makes him "edgy" and hip.
Can you give an example of a radio guy or commentator you like who has the right amount of negativity in your opinion? Not suggesting your wrong, after all , it's your opinion...Just trying to gage where your opinion is based on.

Growing up listening to WFAN and as I got older listening to WIP, Axe is about a 4 or 5 out of 10 on the negative level from what I'm used to.

Of course, the opposite is Laker sports talk in LA where they refuse to say anything bad ever.

Guarantee you by end of day SU puts out a statement saying that it had nothing to do with Galaxy's decision even though it did.

Can you give an example of a radio guy or commentator you like who has the right amount of negativity in your opinion? Not suggesting your wrong, after all , it's your opinion...Just trying to gage where your opinion is based on.

Growing up listening to WFAN and as I got older listening to WIP, Axe is about a 4 or 5 out of 10 on the negative level from what I'm used to.

Of course, the opposite is Laker sports talk in LA where they refuse to say anything bad ever.

Sunglasses Deal With It GIF

Weitsman chiming in

1) This is the most back-handed compliment I've ever heard. Lol.
2) This actually makes me laugh, though. Legitimately.
3) "John Wildhack, can you comment on Brent Axe being fired from his radio gig? Do you think it was fair?"

Weitsman chiming in

Another idiot weighing in for no good reason. Let's hope JB stays out of this publicly.

Adam is right again. We lack the ability to disagree these days and still be cordial. Gross
Yeah, the first part of that statement is quite cordial.

Another idiot weighing in for no good reason. Let's hope JB stays out of this publicly.

JB posting on twitter??... unless he has a houseboy for social media posting in his new gig, I wouldn't worry about it...

I subscribe to the twitch channel via prime, but won’t anymore. Apparently the station is just going to be running PR for SU athletics from now on. Even if you hate Axe, you can’t agree with this..

Not so sure about that. Bet the Venn Diagram for "Thinks Axe Got What he Deserves" and "Coach earned the right to leave or stay whenever he wants" has a lot of overlap.

Brent Axe just tweeted that his time on the radio is over. Odd timing considering all that has happened in the past week.
He quit once already, bombed on Syracuse.com, then came crawling back. I hope he's done but I fear ultimately he's not.

Hubbs on Barstool has now cast his die... no surprise, for Axe...

Last edited:
Brent Axe being fired for the reasons given by the CEO likely confirms what in our hearts we all know - Jim Boeheim was fired by John Wildhack. Brent hit too close to home for SU and a Boeheim friend. Jim's "story" at the Friday presser that it was his decision was a little suspect. Wishing all the best and a big thank you to Jim Boeheim who gave everything he had for SU. As well as to Brent Axe who voiced the frustration of many fans and did it bleeding Orange.

In LA try Petros and Money

The people up at Newhouse have got to be losing their mind this morning. This reflects poorly on everybody and they will get caught in the wash.
Why would Newhouse be upset? It’s not like this happened at WAER and Brent isn’t a grad.

I don't listen to much sports radio talk but I like Dan Patrick and Chris Russo. Both very entertaining. I like guys who have fun with sports even when they are critical.

When I listen to someone talking SU sports, I am fine with a negative comment even if I disagree with the premise. However, when it is over and over and unnecessary, I prefer to tune that out (something you don't like if you are the CEO of a station). Watching the press conference, Axe gave a great example of this. He felt the need to take a shot at Boeheim and the school instead of covering the event. He dropped a fart bomb and got fired the next day.

1) This is the most back-handed compliment I've ever heard. Lol.
2) This actually makes me laugh, though. Legitimately.
3) "John Wildhack, can you comment on Brent Axe being fired from his radio gig? Do you think it was fair?"

Adam Weitsman basically - "Little Billy had a big mouth that he liked to run. Still, it's a shame that he got his teeth punched out at school, I guess."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom