On The Block no more | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

On The Block no more

I know you said earlier that JB getting his own show would be the last thing he would do, but it seems very likely from what Levine said.
Why are you so convinced he wouldn’t want that?

he's always said that he wouldn't be interested in doing that and decried radio talk shows as "talk show talk". But Jim says things...

The Ringer is massively successful. Has a huge contract with Spotify

Edit: Sorry, was incorrect, he sold it to Spotify for 200 mill

He has 5.6 million followers on Twitter. I don’t have the podcast numbers but I’m pretty sure they do well there.

He is still very much a big name, like it or not. Whether people listen to him or care is a different story, but he still has a very big platform to push his agenda.
Really? I had no idea. I've never heard of The Ringer. Like I said, he was entertaining when he started out, but lost me along the way.

If this story broke on Thursday once the games began, people would be too busy watching games to care. I imagine no one outside of the 315 area code will care by then.

Mike Tirico.
Fair enough, maybe I should preference, any Non-SU Alums that we like?

Although Mike is just play by play and doesn't really give opinions like a talking head.

The people up at Newhouse have got to be losing their mind this morning. This reflects poorly on everybody and they will get caught in the wash.

Oh you mean the fact that on day one they learn that your job is to be critical?

This is embarrassing for Galaxy media.

ESPN probably doesn’t want to be affiliated with it.

Syracuse is probably figuring out the best way to make sure they can say they aren’t attached with this in any means

if mike and the mad dog got fired for being too negative they wouldnt have lasted a week. terrible look.
Well wasnt that why the YES network stopped airing their show because of criticism of the Yankees?

Posted this on the thread about Axe on the football board but bears repeating:

HR and Media reps in Corporate America should print that interview out and use it as a tool on what not to do in interviews with media. That Levine guy did about everything wrong you can possibly do. His quotes and that story about people coming up to him which sounds beyond made up is an awful look. SU has to be livid this guy opened his mouth.
Yep that's a prime example why it's constantly reiterated in our company that if we are ever contacted by the media for any reason, refer them to Corporate Communications.

This is an awful look. I'm very curious why Simmons would take such a public shot at Wildhack when he's never really ventured into the Syracuse rumor industrial complex.

I always thought JW was a straight shooter. I'm sure Bill was difficult at ESPN but he was probably also their most important talent from the website and he probably wanted the same juice as other talents there. It's never easy for sure but when a media operation starts to moderate content the inmates get angry.

Brent was like 1/100th as toxic as a Dan Shaugnessy who writes for the Globe (and is owned by the Red Sox).

Oh you mean the fact that on day one they learn that your job is to be critical?

This is embarrassing for Galaxy media.

ESPN probably doesn’t want to be affiliated with it.

Syracuse is probably figuring out the best way to make sure they can say they aren’t attached with this in any means
Levine might know about radio but he clearly knows jacksplit about strategic communications.

This happens everywhere. They just don't say it out loud.

That's the root of the issue... Levine has serious cojones (and is also an arrogant ass) to mouth it in a release...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom