Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft

Well...when the "Orangemen forever" voluntarily leave the program 2 years early with little hope of real professional success it tends to leave fans disappointed over what could have been. And the shorter period on the hill the sooner they are forgotten unless they did something special like Melo. I bet Tyler Lydon's fans have been just thrilled with his play the past 2 seasons.
This is more spot on than half the clowns around here that are rooting for him to not stay by doing well at the combine. Tyus has done all he can and carried us.

Oshae has work to do to build his legacy here as we are SU fans.Logically I use this as when I’m ready to wave goodbye to players. Some players left earlier than expected, but because often because that’s when their stock was going to be it highest. Tyler Ennis and Malachi for twi.

Everybody knows Brisset can improve stock.

I’m his biggest critic on this board with the bricks he throws up! All because I had higher expectations of him than almost anybody on here also. That’s what my judgement was based on.

I want him to stay as the zone would be its biggest with
him and Quincy at forwards,
a center,
and Hughes with a Pg all in the lineup.

If he does leave, then I will route very strongly for his success. Players that leave early and do well obviously helps the program.

But wishing him well at this point????
Hell no,

I hope he misses every shot at the combine this year. Different story on rooting interest next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is more spot on then half the clowns around here that are rooting for him to not stay by doing well at the combine and leaving. Diocese done all he can and carried us. Oshae has work to do to build his legacy which is what I logically use as when I’m ready to wave goodbye. Some players left early but because that’s when their stock was going to be it highest

everybody knows Brisset can improve stock.

I’m his biggest critic on this board with the bricks he throws up all because I had higher expectations of him than almost anybody on here also. That’s where my judgement is based. I want him to stay because the zone would be its biggest with him Quincy at forwards, a center, and Hughes all in the lineup. If he does the Claire I will route very strongly for him as the success from his players that leave early helps the program but wishing him well at this point????hell no I hope he misses every shot at the combine

And there you go.

I just hope the NBA evaluators are honest with him, giving him accurate and forthright advice based on facts. Tell him honestly where they see him drafted, tell him what he needs to do to improve and be a better NBA player. Plus do they think he can improve his game thus his draft position more by returning to college or if his value to NBA teams has currently maxed out and been proven already in the college game. In other words do teams think he’s ready for the NBA and that college won’t appreciably improve his value to them.

I just hope the NBA evaluators are honest with him, giving him accurate and forthright advice based on facts. Tell him honestly where they see him drafted, tell him what he needs to do to improve and be a better NBA player. Plus do they think he can improve his game thus his draft position more by returning to college or if his value to NBA teams has currently maxed out and been proven already in the college game. In other words do teams think he’s ready for the NBA and that college won’t appreciably improve his value to them.

This is the whole idea of and why the combine was implemented in the first place. I think what OB did is very smart, IMO. If he comes back next year I predict a monster season.

This is the whole idea of and why the combine was implemented in the first place. I think what OB did is very smart, IMO. If he comes back next year I predict a monster season.
Though most people in his situation would come back! I’m telling you he’s not coming back!...unless things change, he’s gone for good

Hope he goes for his sake. Our fans are too demanding and expect to much from him and other guys who show up well as Freshman he got ripped to shreds on here nearly every game last season. I do think he'd return improved and really help us but it wouldn't be enough for 90% of our "fans" who would flip out every botched layup etc.

Balkman was like pick #20 and was a decent reserve in the NBA for I think 6 years. What didn't play out well there?
Look at his stats. He was out of the league at age 27, and barely ever played after the first 3 years. I would argue that is not a successful career. Of course it wasn't the same as bricking a lotto pick. It was more about all the articles about his big hands, like is was some hidden attribute no one else considered

Look at his stats. He was out of the league at age 27, and barely ever played after the first 3 years. I would argue that is not a successful career. Of course it wasn't the same as bricking a lotto pick. It was more about all the articles about his big hands, like is was some hidden attribute no one else considered
You're missing that for the 20th pick, he had a longer than average NBA career.

I think we are simply defining success differently. Getting 15 minutes/game for 3 years... sure ok, some guys never play at all. And some picks were worse. That is a valid point. Let's not state it was a great pick then either

A combine can wipe out sub par play for an entire season. This is how GMs lose their job.

I think once you reach late lottery and beyond, they will always take the guy with great length, great athleticism, great potential... because if they can teach him how to shoot, how to handle, how to stay disciplined on defense, how to crank up his aggression on offense, then you could have the next Kawhi. If you don't, you have the next Aminu- or worse - but it's worth the gamble to them.

Forgot all about Balkman. Out of curiosity I looked up that draft.

19 - Quincy Douby
20 - Balkman
21 - Rajon Rondo
22 - Marcus Williams
23 - Josh Boone
24 - Kyle Lowry

Once you get down to late first round, you get some pretty wide ranging results from pick to pick.

Forgot all about Balkman. Out of curiosity I looked up that draft.

19 - Quincy Douby
20 - Balkman
21 - Rajon Rondo
22 - Marcus Williams
23 - Josh Boone
24 - Kyle Lowry

Once you get down to late first round, you get some pretty wide ranging results from pick to pick.

Look at Lowry at #24. Is he the best #24 ever? Right. If some GM is in "swing for the fences mode", then Oshae's their guy. They could have the next diamond in the rough!

OB is going to make it. He messed up this year by trying to prove what he couldn't. Shoot the 3. He will never start but should make a team which is an amazing accomplishment. Worse case he makes 250k a year off shore and has a great experience. He has always been a class act and im pulling for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom