Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft

Oh boy. Fer real? Oshae regressed this year and needs to take a long hard look at himself and dedicate himself to improvement in all facets of the game. But JB needs to tone down his act. He’s not helping himself and not all kids are gonna respond well to his tirades, unless it’s backed up by genuine affection and a connection to each player. Autry and the assistants also need to step up as the good cops. Follow Hop’s lead as the positive reinforcement guys.
You know how Boeheim do... He ain't the "Roy Boy"type. He sure isn't handing out hugs...

Ready for completely different roster

How many times are we going to say this? At some point, we have to realize that there is only one constant and it's not the kids.

It may not even be a matter of "losing a step." There are endless studies that suggest college students favor younger and male instructors. They get better evaluations and there is evidence that learning outcomes also improve as a result, all things being equal. Older men and women fare poorer in these same studies. Why would it be drastically different with coaches?

Howard is 6'5". Brissett is clearly taller than that.View attachment 157817
LOL. Do you understand the concept of forced perspective. I got one for you too.
Forced perspective.jpg

How many times are we going to say this? At some point, we have to realize that there is only one constant and it's not the kids.

It may not even be a matter of "losing a step." There are endless studies that suggest college students favor younger and male instructors. They get better evaluations and there is evidence that learning outcomes also improve as a result, all things being equal. Older men and women fare poorer in these same studies. Why would it be drastically different with coaches?
Very interesting point.

LOL. Do you understand the concept of forced perspective. I got one for you too. View attachment 157818
I understand the concept, but the photo I shared is not an example of that. In your photo, the two being compared are not next to each other, and the camera is not vertically parallel with either of them. In the below photo, the camera is much more vertically parallel and Brissett and Howard are right next to each other. I feel dumb arguing about something like this, but want to make sure you fully understand what forced perspective is.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 6.34.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 6.34.37 PM.png
    300.7 KB · Views: 32

aarp eligible coaches in the sweet 16
mark few, 56
bruce pearl, 59
john calipari, 60
dana altman, 60
kelvin sampson, 63
tom izzo, 64
rick barnes, 64
john beilien, 66
roy williams,68
leonard hamilton, 70
mike krzyzewski, 72

that's almost 3/4 of the field

Hop yells at guys too.
I don’t have a problem with yelling, although I don’t think it’s always the best approach. But Hop forges genuine connections with his players whereas JB can come off to some of them as aloof. Hop talked about how JB has softened over the years and really worked to show himself and connect with the players. But I worry that he’s regressed. of course this could just be an Oshae-specific issue.

aarp eligible coaches in the sweet 16
mark few, 56
bruce pearl, 59
john calipari, 60
dana altman, 60
kelvin sampson, 63
tom izzo, 64
rick barnes, 64
john beilien, 66
roy williams,68
leonard hamilton, 70
mike krzyzewski, 72

that's almost 3/4 of the field

There's also a reason why Boeheim is the oldest coach in D-1 history. Most people his age have their feet up, either in the barcalounger or the coffin. He's really, really old. He could be half of those guys' dads. Nearly 80 is not the new 40. 60 might be.

If his skills have peaked I’m glad to see him leave. Couldn’t shoot worth a damn.

I would venture a guess his skills weren't really improving in our playground offense.

To put it another way, if you came back for a second year to improve your draft stock, and your stock drops like a rock, you'd prolly want to leave too.

I don't begrudge him that. Good luck to him if he leaves.

Ok but 74 isnt nearly 80 either

Fine. I'm just sick of people blaming the kids. Boeheim's responsible for everything in this program. This is a business worth tens of millions of dollars yearly. Not grandpa's retirement hobby. When do you call him to the mat? What will it take?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom