ot: anyone have a great solution to avoid viruses | Syracusefan.com

ot: anyone have a great solution to avoid viruses

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Recently got a nasty one on laptop and also desktop. Trust me when I say that it wasn't from Pron sites. I've been using Norton but that's not working. Anyone has something that works.

PC magazine gave its highest rating to G Data Total Security, from Germany. I use it.
http://www.gdata-software.com/online-shop.html Their ratings change from time to time and they seem to indicate that Norton has improved? Everyone should also have a separate program for spyware. SuperAnti-SpyWare is popular. I don't use Internet Explorer. Their newest version is safer but it is buggy. I am not an expert.

I just use no script and that takes care of script based attacks, which as I understand it is 99.9999999% of them. I also scrub cookies all the time.

Try the free version of AVAST. I put it on a year ago and have had no troubles since. It updates automatically.
This is correct. Get that and Malware Bytes, both free and you're good to go. Malware Bytes ALWAYS finds trojan horses, viruses, etc that Norton and the other clowns never find.

Oh, also...I would just like to post the word sex again.
Damn sexy.
Sexier than the crackpots in this video.

Still, am I the only one who is sort of missing sixy?
Come back sixy!

I've been using Avira for over three years with no problems. Free unless you want the professional version.

Get a mac. Haven't had a virus since i went apple in 2006.
I've had a Mac since 94 and haven't had one virus! I think it's crazy that you go out and spend a ton of money on a computer and windows can't figure out how to block viruses. Then you have to spend extra money on virus software! I had to buy a windows computer a few years ago for work and AVG was pretty good. I think there is a decent free version.

Oh, also...I would just like to post the word sex again.
Damn sexy.
Sexier than the crackpots in this video.

C'mon... Right Said Fred weren't crackpots. They knew what they were doing - one (inexplicable) hit "song" and they cashed out. I really liked this song... especially as I was on top of my top heavy Pan Hell delegate from a certain house back in the mid '90's.

Aaaaaand I'm going to get tee'd up.

(Giggity giggity... giggity goo.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom