OT: Conference Realignment (Big Vote Next Week) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Conference Realignment (Big Vote Next Week)

Alsacs said:
UConn has a shot at the Big XII. They aren't getting into the ACC or Big Ten. The Big Ten will keep an eye on Oklahoma and Texas. The ACC is doing nothing till the Fraudulent French make a move. Then the conference could consider a 16th team. The ACC won't add a 15th team as the conference will not go 9 conference games because of Florida State/Georgia Tech/Clemson have to play SEC rivals every year and the years they play at Notre Dame they would have only have 6 home games and Clemson/Florida State need a minimum of 7 home games each year. The ACC isn't going to 9 conference games and thus won't add a 15th team without a 16th team.

UConn football needs a serious upgrade to get a Big 12 invite. Believe the front runners right now are Cincy and BYU. They want a partner for West Virginia, which would eliminate UConn.

It's mixed. UConn is often mentioned but at times they aren't. Half the time the NYC radio stations ignore all local teams and only give scores for the major national games.
Depends which update you're listening too. Some are longer than others (top of hour & 30 minute updates) and they say 'in local action' and do Syracuse, Fordham, Princeton, army, storz etc as well as the top 25, other times its shorter (15 & 45 minute) and just top 25.

We are very much on the City's college menu.

Same article I read.

The point is everyone is worried about UConn joining the ACC to give us more competition, when, in fact, UConn could join the Big 12 and still be a thorn in our side.
They are a P5 program basketball wise in my mind. I just would prefer never playing them ever again after how I was treated as visiting football fan in 2005. Their fanbase acts like their basketball success should be given to them on the football field.

Let them play in the Big XII I won't care. I just would prefer to never play them ever again and I hate the football series we signed with them. I get they aren't going to die. I just would prefer they play in another conference.

KaiserUEO said:
Depends which update you're listening too. Some are longer than others (top of hour & 30 minute updates) and they say 'in local action' and do Syracuse, Fordham, Princeton, army, storz etc as well as the top 25, other times its shorter (15 & 45 minute) and just top 25. We are very much on the City's college menu.

It always cracks me up when we're part of the "local action".

It always cracks me up when we're part of the "local action".
I find it amusing too, but I like it.

I also think to the despair here and go...buffoons.

Same article I read.

The point is everyone is worried about UConn joining the ACC to give us more competition, when, in fact, UConn could join the Big 12 and still be a thorn in our side.

Or join the B1G...that is our worst case scenario.

somehow, someway whoconn will get screwed in this process, lol

maybe temple goes ACC

Many of the NY radio stations -- CBS and WFAN, for example -- don't even report SU scores half the time. But they always provide UConn scores.

But while I don't want to compete with UConn, the ACC would be a lot stronger in the Northeast with them.
CBS and WFAN always give the Syracuse scores. News 4 NY and SNY frequently have TV highlights of SU games.

I can't image UCONN making it to the BIG12. Their football just doesn't cut it.

Well, if it gets defeated here come Big XII expansion I suspect.

I honestly think this is the SEC and B1G being petty and saying "we had to expand and set up stupid divisions for this, you have to too".

They are a P5 program basketball wise in my mind. I just would prefer never playing them ever again after how I was treated as visiting football fan in 2005. Their fanbase acts like their basketball success should be given to them on the football field.

Let them play in the Big XII I won't care. I just would prefer to never play them ever again and I hate the football series we signed with them. I get they aren't going to die. I just would prefer they play in another conference.
No more worthless group of fans than Connecticut fans.

I honestly think this is the SEC and B1G being petty and saying "we had to expand and set up stupid divisions for this, you have to too".

If they give a $#|+ about the fans at all, they will support it.

And why wouldn't they??

It fits the childish mentality out there.

I've always felt the Bevo was not going to be able to stay at 10.

One way or another, 12 was inevitable.

If this doesn't pass, it may force the ACC to realign the two divisions if they want the best two teams in the CCG.

The BT opposition is about sticking it to the ACC because of ND. The SEC opposition is most likely because they feel it could help FSU and Clemson, which to some degree would be bad for UF and SoCar.

The ACC should not support anything that helps the Big 12 if we cannot get what we want.

If this doesn't pass, it may force the ACC to realign the two divisions if they want the best two teams in the CCG.
Swofford should get wildly creative, but that would require the various ADs to give him the power to do so. There is no written rule that requires divisions to be set in stone. Swofford should make them anew each year, just to send the big FU to Indianapolis and the BT.

Oklahoma to the B1G.
OU and KU to the BT would make the BT West something other than an endlessly boring joke. The OU-Nebraska game would close the season and get back to being important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom