OT- I Stewart. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

OT- I Stewart.

Wow not sure why this is a big deal. He asked for a pic and JB told him not now I'm watching my son play. His response seems appropriate as he was being a father.

I met Coach once at the Syracuse Airport probably 12ish years ago. He ended up being on the same flight to Philly as I was. I was sitting in the terminal awaiting boarding and he sat one seat away from me. He was very friendly and engaging in small talk. But then again I'm not one to ask for pics or autographs from celebrities.

super petty by Stewart. Boeheim watching his son play and said not right now. Stewart a little full of himself

That is exactly his problem. He attended the elementary school that my wife works at, for at least 4 years. He is very close to several teachers in the building so he was often in the building before going off to college. My wife told me weeks before he committed that he wasnt going to attend Syracuse because he wanted to go somewhere where he would be THE MAN. I told her He can be THE MAN at SU in front of 30,000 fans many nights and playing in a much bigger State where bb is taken very seriously. She said, he wasnt going to go to Syracuse. Something tells me that if Hop were still at SU Stewart would be to and we would have never heard about his experience.

Last edited:
Direct quote from a kid I know from college who played for City Rocks around multiple p5 targets and was familiar with a few cuse targets.

“Nobody wanted to play for a grumpy old man”

don’t shoot the messenger, wasn’t me saying it. We know Jim can be a great human being.
Wait so you're saying teen age kids aren't impressed with 40 plus years, HOF credentials, etc?

I can totally see where his grizzly attitude would be a turn off, and would push some recruits away. I also view him as being very straight forward, and doesn't feed you a line of bull(which we know is definitely a strategy used by many head coaches). There still is a common ground somewhere in between where we all should really be. It's time in society this day and age, where these kids need to start hearing the truth, instead of what they want to hear. The real world does not care about your feelings!

I've run into him a bunch of times around town. Never bothered him with anything. Maybe at an official meet and greet, I would. We were at Wegmans one night and he and Juli and the kids (back when Buddy was a wee one) were there at the deli counter. Juli was holding court with whomever wanted to say hi, laughing and smiling, and JAB looked like he was on his way to the gallows pole - which, I totally get. It was interesting to me to see how naturally at ease Juli was with totally random strangers.

I think something far more sinister is afoot here. Look at JB’s words. He was there watching Thomas Bryant. I’ll bet you he knew exactly who Stewart was but didn’t want Bryant seeing him talking to his eventual replacement.

Wait so you're saying teen age kids aren't impressed with 40 plus years, HOF credentials, etc?
They may be, but there are other great coaches out there that show more “love” etc.

They may be, but there are other great coaches out there that show more “love” etc.
Cal, as slimy as he is, immediately comes to mind. Attending draft night, other award nights. JB might think he doesn’t want to steal their limelight, but these are still young guys who yearn for support.

It's time in society this day and age, where these kids need to start hearing the truth, instead of what they want to hear. The real world does not care about your feelings!

It’s recruiting.

Cal, as slimy as he is, immediately comes to mind. Attending draft night, other award nights. JB might think he doesn’t want to steal their limelight, but these are still young guys who yearn for support.
Cal, Wright, K, Roy, Hop etc.

These kids get 15+ offers, why wouldn’t they expect/desires all the love?

I met Jay Wright at a charity golf outing a few years ago - he was also sans pants. (He was changing in the locker room before the round.) That didn't stop him from walking over, shaking our hands, and thanking us for coming out to support the charity.

Had Isaiah Stewart known this, I bet he would have picked Nova.
That would have been a perfect time to ask Jay Wright for a picture.. When he was shaking your hand with his pants off. Would've went viral.

I dunno about you, as an adult, one of my favorite things to do is "negging" celebrities. Dont get me wrong, I recognize that I am compensating for the fact that I am actually perceived to be of lower stature then they are, but it makes me feel great nonetheless.

Cal, as slimy as he is, immediately comes to mind. Attending draft night, other award nights. JB might think he doesn’t want to steal their limelight, but these are still young guys who yearn for support constant attention.

Fixed it for you. :)

I dunno about you, as an adult, one of my favorite things to do is "negging" celebrities. Dont get me wrong, I recognize that I am compensating for the fact that I am actually perceived to be of lower stature then they are, but it makes me feel great nonetheless.

Homeless people neg me all the time - I always allow for such things. Alas, it's just life. I don't even get cool 8th grade basketball superstars and people from this forum...I get meth'd up street ***** because there is a shelter down the block from where I work. Luckily they don't ask for autographs, just money, and sometimes food.

JB does commercials...cars, mattresses, landscaping, pool supplies, whatever. If someone wants to go into my Grandmother's house and try to entice her into buying something on TV, they better be willing to talk to her and give her an autograph! She's frail and weak-minded and you're trying to seduce her with your charming ways, and unrelated celebrity!! She's weak - like a child!

Also, Metro Mattress sucks. They sold me a crap mattress about a decade ago...I didn't make new friends because I was so well rested, and, in fact, I did not sleep great at all! I deserve an autograph.

Did malpearl at least identify where Jays other hand was at?
The challenge was maintaining eye contact and not allowing an awkward glance downward. His other hand could've been anywhere, he could've goosed me - who knows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom