OT: New Jersey HS screwed by officials in state Playoff game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: New Jersey HS screwed by officials in state Playoff game

I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but I don’t understand some of the comments that are almost questioning Camden and asking them to concede defeat. It wasn’t their fault, it was on the officials who messed up.

And let’s be clear, all of us saw 5 seconds of a 32 minute game. While the call at the end of the game was the most consequential, there were other important calls that either did (or did not) go against Camden. None of us know.

Not to mention, if Syracuse won a title on a bad call, we’d all be working overtime to find a way to justify it.
We have won football games when stripes missed FG calls. Nobody was saying Cuse should give it back. The heat should be on the stripe who made the call not on the team who benefits. People are all about doing the right thing when it's not their team.

I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but I don’t understand some of the comments that are almost questioning Camden and asking them to concede defeat. It wasn’t their fault, it was on the officials who messed up.

And let’s be clear, all of us saw 5 seconds of a 32 minute game. While the call at the end of the game was the most consequential, there were other important calls that either did (or did not) go against Camden. None of us know.

Not to mention, if Syracuse won a title on a bad call, we’d all be working overtime to find a way to justify it.
The difference between any bad calls that may or may not have been made versus the final call is that the latter call was inexplicably reversed. Not to mention Camden supporters running onto the court getting in the faces of the refs. Very shady.

I would hope we would do the right thing and forfeit the game. Honesty seems to be lost in this equation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom