OT: Schaefer Beer | Syracusefan.com

OT: Schaefer Beer

FAL

No comment.
Anybody know where to purchase Schaefer Beer in the Syracuse area? Gotta get a supply in to go with my Syracuse Pale Ale for the tailgate at the Meadowlands.

yes... I buy it all the time in Auburn N.Y. at a corner store on rt. 34 north about 3/4 of mile north from the main drag in auburn.

it will be on the left side heading north.

as a matter of fact I stopped by last night after going to bass pro-shops but they were closed for the night after 9 pm.

Anybody know where to purchase Schaefer Beer in the Syracuse area? Gotta get a supply in to go with my Syracuse Pale Ale for the tailgate at the Meadowlands.
Great idea. I'm not in the Cuse area but you might be able to find it at a large beverage center. That's what I will try.

yes... I buy it all the time in Auburn N.Y. at a corner store on rt. 34 north about 3/4 of mile north from the main drag in auburn.

it will be on the left side heading north.

as a matter of fact I stopped by last night after going to bass pro-shops but they were closed for the night after 9 pm.

Outstanding! Funny that I will be passing through Auburn tomorrow on my way to Aurora. And I usually go through Auburn by way of 34. I will have to check it out! Thanks for the tip!

One person's opinion.
The taste?
The first mouth feel remains as sweet as I remember but then a sour, even astringent taste takes over.
The foam quickly dissipates and there is little happening in the glass. It's a beer without a strong flavor profile. Drinkable when ice cold, but that's about it.

Blah Beer?
Yeah, it’s pretty bland and bad.

Not the beer of my father's day, the Schaefer brand has clearly reached the bottom of taste, quality, and drinkability. Sadly, Schaefer has become a definite 1 star beer.

It’s not easy to find everywhere anymore, but my grocery store had it. [Go figure: they don’t carry Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, but they do have Schaefer.]

This is the beer for people on a budget, or those like me, taking a trip down memory lane to the beer of our fathers. On that note, I enjoyed the trip. But as with many nostalgia trips, the taste was bittersweet.

The taste might be a little hard-nosed for some, but they have one of the best slogans out there:

images

My first sip of beer was Fort Schuyler beer (yes, grew up in Utica). Was about 10 and Grandfather let me have a sip. I remember the short fat brown bottle. Was the worst tasting stuff I'd ever tasted to that point. Though, Would like to try it again now that I'm a more accomplished beer drinker.

Outstanding! Funny that I will be passing through Auburn tomorrow on my way to Aurora. And I usually go through Auburn by way of 34. I will have to check it out! Thanks for the tip!

I believe the place is called Jake's Discount Liquor. Pretty good selection.

UC is featured at the Fine Mess, great early/mid season tailgate choice.

Meh I think I'll stick with my Land Shark Lager and yes I am a beer snob and I approve this message!

:D

I believe the place is called Jake's Discount Liquor. Pretty good selection.

No go on the Schaefer--stopped at a place called Northside some-thing-or-other on Rte. 34 north of downtown Auburn--no luck. So is Jake's on Rte 34???

May just have to get by with "just" my Syracuse Pale Ale--worked OK at the Pinstripe Bowl! Even gave a couple to some WV fans--they actually enjoyed it! Maybe there is hope after all...couchburn

First beer I ever got sick on at like 13 was Miller light ponys from my parents basement (my then bro in law worked from Miller Fulton) till this day I cannot stand the smell even of Miller Lite :(

Same story except Budweiser and I was ~15 but I'm not sure anyone can stand the smell of that anyway.

No go on the Schaefer--stopped at a place called Northside some-thing-or-other on Rte. 34 north of downtown Auburn--no luck. So is Jake's on Rte 34???

May just have to get by with "just" my Syracuse Pale Ale--worked OK at the Pinstripe Bowl! Even gave a couple to some WV fans--they actually enjoyed it! Maybe there is hope after all...couchburn

Did you put antifreeze in it first?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom