OT: USA vs. Canada at noon. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: USA vs. Canada at noon.

Canada owns us in hockey this year. We own Canada in everything else. Thanks.

We got curling covered too.

OK not overly proud of that one.

Where's your flag, bro?

lunar-landing-1a.jpg
Hahaha.

Callahan's freelancing on D caused that goal. Thanks Rangers!
Callahan selling out on shot blocks all tourny and about 5x today saved a ton of goals.

Your Welcome.

As a Bruins fan I am disappointed that Claude Julian got Mike Babcock to play the zone trap today. Canada executed the Boston Bruins boring defensive style today. They got the lead and played the Bruins style with the most talented defensive pairings in the tournament. Today's game reminded me of Bruins-Penguins Eastern Conference Finals. The Penguins/USA had been scoring a lot in the earlier games, but Canada/Bruins just plugged the middle and shut down Kessel/van Riemsdyk line.

Callahan selling out on shot blocks all tourny and about 5x today saved a ton of goals.

Your Welcome.
no doubt. he kills philly and i think he's great. just need a blueshirt scapegoat and he fits. back to nhl...

no doubt. he kills philly and i think he's great. just need a blueshirt scapegoat and he fits. back to nhl...

im a ranger fan. he disappears in the playoffs and hes been hurt all the time last couple years. i think hes overrated.

Isn't Callahan on the trading block?

Timonen the East is over my friend. If the Eastern Conference Finals aren't Boston vs Pittsburgh either/both of those teams have choked. The East representative in the Stanley Cup Finals should be Boston/Pittsburgh. The West is wide open with 6-8 teams with a legit chance. However, I think your Flyers aren't a team that can expect to beat Pittsburgh/Boston in a 4 out of 7 series.

im a ranger fan. he disappears in the playoffs and hes been hurt all the time last couple years. i think hes overrated.
Hes a hard working player and that's important. His talent is limited but he does best with what hes been given. He isn't a scorer hes a work horse.

blake wheeler should have gotten more run

Timonen the East is over my friend. If the Eastern Conference Finals aren't Boston vs Pittsburgh either/both of those teams have choked. The East representative in the Stanley Cup Finals should be Boston/Pittsburgh. The West is wide open with 6-8 teams with a legit chance. However, I think your Flyers aren't a team that can expect to beat Pittsburgh/Boston in a 4 out of 7 series.
eh, can't say that at all yet. a team can get hot the last month and win from a 6-8 seed with hot goaltending. happens all the time. pens and bs both have injury prone players, too. i wouldn't bet on philly (no philly fan would ever bet on a philly team, actually, as we always assume the worst) but much stranger things have happened in a shorter amount of time than somebody other than the top seeds getting through.

blake wheeler should have gotten more run

Agree with this. He's a big guy with great wheels. Looked good when he saw the ice in the third. As for other lineup changes I like that Bylsma bumped Brown for Pacioretty. Brown and Oshie, IMO, were a step slow in this tournament especially Oshie who looked like he was skating in quicksand.

Yupp. At least Sweden has some illustrious history. Canada was born out of GB's anus where it still resides today.

Rautins Sr, Joseph, Ennis...

Even some lesser known guys like McBride, Karpis and Papadakos

Canada has been good to the 'Cuse...

Rautins Sr, Joseph, Ennis...

Even some lesser known guys like McBride, Karpis and Papadakos

Canada has been good to the 'Cuse...
Always the brides maid. If ennis gets me a ship... ill recant.

Epic. Some retribution for '10. We have a great team this year. I frigging love Backes. Dude is legit. I actually played against Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan and 3rd string goalie Jimmy Howard. I scored on Howard.
Where did you play against Jimmy?

I remember being about 12 in Canada for a hockey tournament. Some of my teammates and I were on an elevator at the hotel. An older couple asked what we were doing. We said we were in town for a hockey tournament. They started to laugh and the woman said you poor dears this won't be a very fun weekend for you. We won that tournament 4-0. That was the beginning of the hate. I have about 25 similar stories.
So true. Similar experience when my son played in Silver Sticks at Port Huron. We had to cross the border every day and gave the crossing guard a report. Boy was it great to report when we (from northern Va of all places) stomped some Canadian U16 team.

So true. Similar experience when my son played in Silver Sticks at Port Huron. We had to cross the border every day and gave the crossing guard a report. Boy was it great to report when we (from northern Va of all places) stomped some Canadian U16 team.
This happens way to often. Got some animosity.

You have a picture of a dude in the cavalry. And you root for canuckville
The "dude in the Calvary" is Norm Mordue, federal court judge, SU football player recruited by Ernie Davis. Met him in NJ bar before a Rutgirlz game. He and I were the only ones wearing orange, he came right at me. Google him, fascinating guy.
Anyway, ya , I are a Canuck, so there you go. Lived here for over 30 yrs, wife is a Yankee, went to school in a Syracuse. Love the Orange, "my" team!