OT: vaccine | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father is 92.

Got both Pfizer shots.

His arm was sore for a few days after shot #2 but that was it.
The first shot was nothing. I woke in the middle of the night with a sore arm. Took a Ibuprofen, and that was that.

ive heard the 2nd shot is worse if you had the virus before knowingly or not and also more younger with stronger response by your body. Im scheduled for # 2 next monday(3/15)

Before we get too brand picky note that out of over 75,000 people who received moderna , Pfizer , or J and J ...

ZERO died and zero hospitalized from Covid .. so what if j and j is not quite as good at preventing a little bit of the sniffles . I might trade a couple days of sniffles for getting a one shot deal

Before we get too brand picky note that out of over 75,000 people who received moderna , Pfizer , or J and J ...

ZERO died and zero hospitalized from Covid .. so what if j and j is not quite as good at preventing a little bit of the sniffles . I might trade a couple days of sniffles for getting a one shot deal
j&J is still a great vaccine, can’t go wrong with any of them

ive heard the 2nd shot is worse if you had the virus before knowingly or not and also more younger with stronger response by your body. Im scheduled for # 2 next monday(3/15)
Yes my cousin got COVID in 4 days after receiving her first shot. after getting the second shot she felt as bad as she did having covid

Yeah man, when my time comes I'm fine grabbing the J&J. Kind of nice honestly, one shot and keeps you from being in the hospital.

I wonder if it is the same with Pfizer? I get my second on weds at 10 a.m. The place I am going is 1/2 hour from the place that I swap books. I was thinking I could kill two birds with one stone if I went from the vaccine shot to the book store. But I am afraid os side effects making me sick. If it is hours later, I would be a-okay.

Everything I have read is that it's hours later.

Ya it didnt hit me until 12 hours later. I even woke up the next day feeling normal and about midday, it hit all at once. Be careful folks on that following day. Never had COVID before, arm was only a lil sore on the 1st shot

The best vaccine is the one you can get. So I won’t be picky. Given the choice though I’m going for j&j.

72% chance of no issues at all. Sure, 72 is worse than 95, but it seems like about half the people getting the two dose vaccines end up with fever, body ache. Basically the kind of symptoms that I have a 28% chance of getting with j&j.

Not to mention it’s one shot, established technology.

I'm 16 hours into Moderna #2 - feeling good and enjoying my new x-ray vision powers.
I'm age 71, 2nd shot Moderna 22 hrs ago, can't say I've had any reaction yet. What ever aches I have are about normal. Nurse at the site said about 50% of the people getting the shot show a reaction. She said "keep hydrated" like 3 or 4 times. I suspect that it helps reduce the intensity of any side effects. I easily drank about 3x amount last night (and not beer!).

I fully agree with Orangeman, ANY ONE OF THE VACCINES YOU CAN GET, GET!

48 hrs later and no reaction to the shot other than an extremely slight injection site tenderness.

Last edited:
I wonder if it is the same with Pfizer? I get my second on weds at 10 a.m. The place I am going is 1/2 hour from the place that I swap books. I was thinking I could kill two birds with one stone if I went from the vaccine shot to the book store. But I am afraid os side effects making me sick. If it is hours later, I would be a-okay.
You should be fine. It won't kick in until later in the day or overnight/the next morning.

Don't feel that way. I think your much brighter than that.
You too, just did not bother to read everything. Maybe next time. Good day.

I just took a short walk on a 68-degree sunny day in Asheville, but it will get colder in a few days. More importantly, I just got an appointment for my vaccine shot at 11:10 tomorrow morning. My wife got hers this morning. There is a wait list, and it can be beneficial to be old.
I registered with the State of NJ 1/5/21. I am an old guy with medical issues and heard nothing until last Friday, Feb 26th at 7:45 AM, when I opened an email saying I could make an appointment for the vaccine. It took me three tries before I got an appointment for 8:30 on the 26th. I went and made coffee and was checking my route to the vaccine site when I realized my appointment was for that day.

It was already past my appointment time. I got there 45 min late but they took me. I got the Pfizer and the after affects were about the same as for the shingles vaccine. A little sore for a day or so.

I do hope everyone gets vaccinated soon. I would like to see my grandchildren.

Last edited:
Anecdotal, but I have a friend in his late 20s who definitely had COVID, took the second dose of the vaccine approximately 3 months after he had it, and said he almost forgot he took it because he had no side effects whatsoever. I believe it was Pfizer

1615141585436.png

Vaccines work.

nursing home deaths perfectly tracked non nursing home deaths. Until nursing home residents got vaccinated.

That significant improvement came within two months. If we do this right, we can be months away from a nearly normal life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom