OT: vaccine | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you compared the JJ to the others if they took place at the same time and location the difference would be barely a ripple. JJ had much worse timing for its numbers and still did very well. they didnt even test for the same things in the Moderna/Phizer studies and JJ tested completely different from them.. 85% vs 95% wouldnt take much to even that out

My family has had no problems, I had both Pfizer with no side effects, my oldest son (28) had both Moderna with little trouble, my wife and daughter (30) are waiting for second dose of Pfizer no problems, and my I am driving my 20 yo son to the ny fairgrounds for a 145 am appointment tonight (Monday) He will get the Johnson and Johnson.

My family has had no problems, I had both Pfizer with no side effects, my oldest son (28) had both Moderna with little trouble, my wife and daughter (30) are waiting for second dose of Pfizer no problems, and my I am driving my 20 yo son to the ny fairgrounds for a 145 am appointment tonight (Monday) He will get the Johnson and Johnson.
Be prepared to wait. I was there last night, and it took about an hour and 40 minutes.

Other than a sore arm, no side effects as yet

View attachment 197582
Vaccines work.

nursing home deaths perfectly tracked non nursing home deaths. Until nursing home residents got vaccinated.

That significant improvement came within two months. If we do this right, we can be months away from a nearly normal life.
CDC Data indicates approx. 28% have been vaccinated(at least one shot) as of today, with accelerating rates of vaccination nationwide should be near the 70%(believed necessary for herd immunity) by middle of May. This of course assumes people keep getting vaccinated at near the current rate.
Get vaccinated ASAP.

CDC Data indicates approx. 28% have been vaccinated(at least one shot) as of today, with accelerating rates of vaccination nationwide should be near the 70%(believed necessary for herd immunity) by middle of May. This of course assumes people keep getting vaccinated at near the current rate.
Get vaccinated ASAP.
there going to have to start opening up more eligible essential workers as sites are not filling as quick as last month

Get vaccinated ASAP.

I don't believe the #s are that high. As of March 4th 16.3% of the US population had received at least one shot and 8.4% had received two shots. The latest estimates I saw was that we would get to 50% by early June.

I don't believe the #s are that high. As of March 4th 16.3% of the US population had received at least one shot and 8.4% had received two shots. The latest estimates I saw was that we would get to 50% by early June.
yesterday I saw 9.8% and I think with the J and J and maybe with astro on the way, the difficult part may be getting the number of shot givers numbers to grow.

Yeah Onondaga County at least 28% have had a shot (not plural). Very good, but I would be we are higher than the average.

Do we know if the percentage is of the entire population or 18+?

yesterday I saw 9.8% and I think with the J and J and maybe with astro on the way, the difficult part may be getting the number of shot givers numbers to grow.
Yeah your # squares with my Thursday #. I agree that the challenge will be more with the distribution rather than the supply of the vaccine. Merck is teaming up with JnJ to manufacture the newly approved vaccine. We will be swimming in vaccines before long.

Do we know if the percentage is of the entire population or 18+?
My understanding is that the #s I posted were of the entire US population.

My husband had a delayed reaction like that with dose one of the moderna, like he had a fever. Can't wait to see what happens next week when he gets his second dose.

I had the first dose of pfizer. Nothing but a sore arm.

Did your husband test positive at some point?

ive heard the 2nd shot is worse if you had the virus before knowingly or not and also more younger with stronger response by your body. Im scheduled for # 2 next monday(3/15)

usually pretty rough for those that had Covid after the first shot

I know a couple people that had it and after the first shot they showed symptoms more than just arm soreness

Yeah your # squares with my Thursday #. I agree that the challenge will be more with the distribution rather than the supply of the vaccine. Merck is teaming up with JnJ to manufacture the newly approved vaccine. We will be swimming in vaccines before long.
Agree with this. By June if you don’t have a vaccine it will probably be because you don’t want it.

Even today in RI, with teachers becoming eligible this week, my wife could basically choose which vaccine she wanted, no hoping that any vaccine would be available.

I registered with the State of NJ 1/5/21. I am an old guy with medical issues and heard nothing until last Friday, Feb 26th at 7:45 AM, when I opened an email saying I could make an appointment for the vaccine. It took me three tries before I got an appointment for 8:30 on the 6th. I went and made coffee and was checking my route to the vaccine site when I realized my appointment was for that day.

It was already past my appointment time. I got there 45 min late but they took me. I got the Pfizer and the after affects were about the same as for the shingles vaccine. A little sore for a day or so.

I do hope everyone gets vaccinated soon. I would like to see my grandchildren.
It took you only 3 times? That is much fewer than most people I know here in New Jersey. I’m glad you were able to get it.

Anecdotally from discussions with my family and friends who have had both Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. No one I know has had much in the way of side effects regarding Pfizer other than a sore arm. Of those who got Moderna, a few had side effects hit about 12 hours after their second shot including headache, fatigue and fever. These symptoms abated after another 12 hours or so.
I received the Moderna vaccine about 10 days ago. I had no choice with which one I was to receive. I had no preference. I was just grateful to get one. I’m counting down the days until shot number two.

The key here when looking at stats is what is being used as the denominator- segments of the population or the entire population.

The key here when looking at stats is what is being used as the denominator- segments of the population or the entire population.
and also whether it is one dose or two (though I think you get most of the protection from the first shot)

and also whether it is one dose or two (though I think you get most of the protection from the first shot)

Yeah with Moderna 80+% after the first and ~ 95% after second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom