OT: vaccine | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
just saying. putting this out there. nothing i've heard anywhere.
but just suppose the dome opens in the fall semester vaccine proof provided only.
how does that make you feel ?

but just suppose the dome opens in the fall semester vaccine proof provided only.
no comment on that specifically but the whole getting a covid test 24 hours before wont work for any out of town season ticket holders or fans unless they allow local test 48 hours before then a rapid one at the dome. Hopefully by then we will have reached herd immunity and testing isnt needed

would be hard to take everyone at honor system, i guess show the vaccine card or something?

I'd typically be worried about some folks right here on the boards forging their proof of vaccination, but apparently they've devoted their energies to cutting in line instead.
20210307_203616.jpg

They did 2.9M doses on Friday, a new record.
Yeah I know. Def awesome. But there is no way on earth that 28% of the US population has been vaccinated which is the post I was responding to earlier in this thread. Mid to high teens is more like it. 28% would imply more than 100 million have already been vaccinated. That math doesn't work.

Yeah I know. Def awesome. But there is no way on earth that 28% of the US population has been vaccinated which is the post I was responding to earlier in this thread. Mid to high teens is more like it. 28% would imply more than 100 million have already been vaccinated. That math doesn't work.

Today's Washington Post

58.9 million vaccinated the number of people who have received at least one dose of the vaccine,
covering 48.3% of the prioritized population
and 17.7% of the total population.

Today's Washington Post

58.9 million vaccinated the number of people who have received at least one dose of the vaccine,
covering 48.3% of the prioritized population
and 17.7% of the total population.
Yeah that 17.7% figure on the total population makes sense. thx

usually pretty rough for those that had Covid after the first shot

I know a couple people that had it and after the first shot they showed symptoms more than just arm soreness
I had Covid. Similar reactions after both doses of Moderna. Fever started about 12 hours after the vaccine was administered and lasted 6-8 hours or so. Had a small bout of chills as well.

My girlfriend also had Covid and received her first dose of Pfizer a few days ago. Her sinuses flared up and she got extremely tired but no fever or chills. As SUFaninNJ said, it’s possible the reactions between Moderna and Pfizer differ.

Just looked at vaccine tracker at ny.gov Over 1,000,000 doses have been distributed the past week.

Having in person sports in the fall seems likely to me. As more supply becomes available more vaccination locations will open up. Publix pharmacies in Florida either have started or are about to start vaccinating. I think I heard about Walmart pharmacies starting in other places. When pharmacies and MD offices are able to distribute it, the vaccination rate should really pick up. It seems feasible to me that every adult that wants it could be vaccinated by September. Then, we're just waiting on approval for kids and maybe working on booster shots, if necessary.

Having in person sports in the fall seems likely to me. As more supply becomes available more vaccination locations will open up. Publix pharmacies in Florida either have started or are about to start vaccinating. I think I heard about Walmart pharmacies starting in other places. When pharmacies and MD offices are able to distribute it, the vaccination rate should really pick up. It seems feasible to me that every adult that wants it could be vaccinated by September. Then, we're just waiting on approval for kids and maybe working on booster shots, if necessary.
The roll out you describe is already happening in many states, and the timetable for vaccinating every adult American who wants it is much closer to June than September.

Last edited:
The roll out you describe is already happening in many states, and the timetable for vaccinating every adult American who want it is much closer to June than September.
Yeah, I know. I said it was happening in my post. I picked september because that's the beginning of football season and someone was asking about in person attendance.

My wife and I participated in the Pfizer test study. She received the actual vaccine and I received the placebo. I asked to be unblinded and when told I received the placebo I was given priority to receive the real vaccine. Wife had some reaction for about 12 hours after the 2nd shot, and I had no reaction after either real shot. Please get the vaccine. No downside, huge upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom