OT: vaccine | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw news feed "out of the blue" that some NYS Fairgrounds Expo Center appts. opened 4:30 this afternoon.
Had to fight thru some server/delay issues, but relieved to have just completed scheduling an appt for my relative on. Feb. 10.
Won't miss checking the vaccine websites several times daily! Good Luck to those still seeking a vaccine appt. Expect/hope there will be more opening up.

My wife received her 2nd shot yesterday. In bed today. Arm was more sore than after the first shot, but her fever started last night. As an RN she says it just means her immune system is healthy and working. We’ll see how long it lasts. I think the 2nd shot is the tougher one to handle, from what little I have read.

Saw news feed "out of the blue" that some NYS Fairgrounds Expo Center appts. opened 4:30 this afternoon.
Had to fight thru some server/delay issues, but relieved to have just completed scheduling an appt for my relative on. Feb. 10.
Won't miss checking the vaccine websites several times daily! Good Luck to those still seeking a vaccine appt. Expect/hope there will be more opening up.
Checked this AM (3:00, hate getting old) for my mom. Got her in on 2/17. Pretty simple sign up

My wife received her 2nd shot yesterday. In bed today. Arm was more sore than after the first shot, but her fever started last night. As an RN she says it just means her immune system is healthy and working. We’ll see how long it lasts. I think the 2nd shot is the tougher one to handle, from what little I have read.
Sounds a lot like what I heard from a bunch of my colleagues. A number had to call in sick the next day. Everyone said it was gone after 24 hours.

Getting my first dose of Moderna Friday night. Had COVID last April. It wasn’t fun. I’m an educator who is physically in school each day. I’ll check back in with any side effects. My 70 something parents received their first doses within the last few weeks(mother Pfizer, father Moderna). They both had arm pain and my father had some other body aches but that’s about it.

I'm curious to see if it is different for people that have already had the virus.

Just to give you an update. Got the first dose around 6pm last night. Had arm pain around the site of injection almost immediately after and it’s still here. Around 11am this morning, started feeling a little under the weather. I have a low grade fever (about 101). I’m hoping that means I still have antibodies from my Covid bout and it’s recognizing the makeup of the virus whereas people who haven’t had Covid might have minor effects after the first dose. I’ll keep you updated.

Just to give you an update. Got the first dose around 6pm last night. Had arm pain around the site of injection almost immediately after and it’s still here. Around 11am this morning, started feeling a little under the weather. I have a low grade fever (about 101). I’m hoping that means I still have antibodies from my Covid bout and it’s recognizing the makeup of the virus whereas people who haven’t had Covid might have minor effects after the first dose. I’ll keep you updated.
That is interesting. Your first dose of the vaccine seems to be giving you the type of reaction that the second dose has given people that haven't had covid. I'll be looking forward to your update after you get the second.

My lady likewise on couch waiting out 2nd poke reactions. Seemingly good news - quick recovery (1-2 days) seems to be batting pretty much a thousand so far.

These RNA-focused vaccines pack a punch. Spikey little buggers are in for some serious hurt.

Sounds a lot like what I heard from a bunch of my colleagues. A number had to call in sick the next day. Everyone said it was gone after 24 hours.
For her the worst is the headache. Fever seems to be gone, but more Tylenol in a day for her than in a year.

Got a notice from my county that I’m #133,602 in line and they are currently scheduling #23,042.....and expect to receive 31,500 first doses for February.

At this rate, I may just become the 100 millionth person to receive vaccine on Biden’s 100th day in office ;)

My lady likewise on couch waiting out 2nd poke reactions. Seemingly good news - quick recovery (1-2 days) seems to be batting pretty much a thousand so far.

These RNA-focused vaccines pack a punch. Spikey little buggers are in for some serious hurt.
The science behind these is interesting. I remember reading this is where vaccines were going, but this really spreed up the process.
My brother, a doctor, isn’t getting it yet because he is unsure how his Addison’s disease will tolerate the vaccine. Crazy times.

Last edited:
Consistent re dose 1 for folks we know who had Covid.

I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to, even from doctors, regarding the immune system. Let's say you either got sick with something, or got immunized against something, a number of months ago. Now (say, this past week or month), you were exposed to the pathogen, but you never knew it, because your currently primed immune system made quick work of it and you had no symptoms.

My question is - did this recent experience in any way extend/improve/recharge your immune system response, compared to if you didn't recently get exposed or re-exposed.

I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to, even from doctors, regarding the immune system. Let's say you either got sick with something, or got immunized against something, a number of months ago. Now (say, this past week or month), you were exposed to the pathogen, but you never knew it, because your currently primed immune system made quick work of it and you had no symptoms.

My question is - did this recent experience in any way extend/improve/recharge your immune system response, compared to if you didn't recently get exposed or re-exposed.
Good question. Kinda like a booster shot. I'd like to hear the answer to that too.

Antibody concentrations drop off over time, but as long as you still have some small concentration in your blood, your immune system is sort of "imprinted" with the biochemical mechanism to make more. This means if you are exposed a second time your body can ramp up the antibody production quite quickly because it already knows the formula... so at least in the short term you will have boosted antibody concentrations that should extend your immunity. This is my rudimentary understanding as a chemist but not biologist or doctor.

Got a notice from my county that I’m #133,602 in line and they are currently scheduling #23,042...and expect to receive 31,500 first doses for February.
For some reason this reminded me of the end of Beetlejuice when he had number like 9 million and it said "now serving #4"

1612131146709.png

Antibody concentrations drop off over time, but as long as you still have some small concentration in your blood, your immune system is sort of "imprinted" with the biochemical mechanism to make more. This means if you are exposed a second time your body can ramp up the antibody production quite quickly because it already knows the formula... so at least in the short term you will have boosted antibody concentrations that should extend your immunity. This is my rudimentary understanding as a chemist but not biologist or doctor.

So T2 cells would be among those with long term "memory," right? Thanks. I read that T2 cells and another kind can last for years in some form.

Jenn got her first (moderna) last week. Felt a tad off the day after. Felt great the next day. She works in mental health. I’m hoping to get it in February since obese is a comorbidity...as the medical definition of obese is not a tough hurdle to cross, ironically. We live in Massachusetts .

Received first dose of Pfizer vaccine at 1100 today, so far no noticeable reaction. Things went smoothly at Expo center at Syracuse fairgrounds. Second dose scheduled for 3/26. Steady traffic at the fairgrounds getting either first or second shots, but operation goes smoothly if you have all your documents ready.
My age is 73.

I tested positive yesterday and will have look to getting shot down the road.
Common wisdom now is to only get one vaccine, not two, if you previously tested positive.

Common wisdom now is to only get one vaccine, not two, if you previously tested positive.
health experts disagree they say if you got a 2 shot series vaccine you should still get the 2nd just be prepared for a tougher phase 2

Taking my son to Fairgrounds Monday at 1:45 am for J and J, still many overnight slots available at NY State Fairgrounds. All One dose vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom