OT: vaccine | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. When I booked my appt, the 2nd was automatically scheduled for exactly 3 weeks later at the same time of day as the 1st.

Different states, I guess.
Same here - at the N Y State fairgrounds. About 3rd or 4th in line and breezed right through. Also no after affects.

Got my second Pfizer shot 2 days ago, hydrated very well that day and brought a big glass of water to bed with me, woke up in the middle of the night with sweats, sore arm, and a headache. Fell back to sleep and woke up the next morning feeling absolutely horrible, fever, muscle and body achs, cold sweats, swollen joints and mild spinning. Could barely get off the couch, slept in and out over the course of the day with all the symptoms continuing. Went to bed feeling rough to say the least. Woke up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat but feeling better. Got up the next day feeling better with what I would describe as the same feeling id get with a mild hangover after a night of drinking. I most definitely will not be getting another shot 6-12 months from now from pfizer, that I can promise.
I wonder if you can even mix after starting down one path. I would assume not

I wonder if you can even mix after starting down one path. I would assume not
Thats a great question. I hope i can, and I thought I heard Dr. Fauchi state something to the effect that there should be a universal booster shot developed. But if not, im waiting until I get a lot of post-booster shot feedback prior to going down that path. If that means I go unvaccinated for a while, so be it.

it requires special stuff to get done to get the 2nd shot someplace else.. didnt they schedule you when you got the first one?
My wife got her Moderna shots at two different locations. It was no big deal at all and was seamless. I just canceled the original second shot appointment after making the new appointment.

Second on 4/24. Over the weekend so not like I have to take a pto day at work but imagine won’t be doing much that Sunday. Not looking forward to it at all. The irony around it all is I actually haven’t been sick in any capacity in like 14 months now. I usually get 2-4 colds a year that last a few days. Nothing obscene, but enough to definitely not do much but rest or take a sick day. Over the last year with significantly less travel, basically no in person work, reduced overall movement, way more hand washing etc, not surprising I haven’t caught those colds like usual.

What if they just realized there was a bug in Pfizer dose #2 that requires this third dose to fix? Will it be like windows 2, 3, 4, 95, 97, 98, 2000, XT, service packs 1 2 3 4 then Windows 20, 11...eventually we have so many doses and beta in us, the viruses broke through anyway, then we inject Windows Defender, then 365 Norton, then we end up getting injected spam in the can, we get totally infected from all these hotchpotch of doses we all begin to turn into clones of cuserunner?

Last edited:
Weird. When I booked my appt, the 2nd was automatically scheduled for exactly 3 weeks later at the same time of day as the 1st.

Different states, I guess.
My family in Texas and I in NC both had our Pfizer doses scheduled four weeks apart at Walgreen's. I think it had more to do with them not knowing if they were going to get Moderna of Pfizer from the state so it was just easier to schedule for four weeks between doses when you signed up for the first dose.

Second on 4/24. Over the weekend so not like I have to take a pto day at work but imagine won’t be doing much that Sunday. Not looking forward to it at all. The irony around it all is I actually haven’t been sick in any capacity in like 14 months now. I usually get 2-4 colds a year that last a few days. Nothing obscene, but enough to definitely not do much but rest or take a sick day. Over the last year with significantly less travel, basically no in person work, reduced overall movement, way more hand washing etc, not surprising I haven’t caught those colds like usual.
I could echo this word for word in regards to health over the past year. To be truthful im dreading my second shot first week of May but just something we gotta do

Your dread of taking a shot should be much less than your dread of not taking it.
My dread is for the potential short term side effects that seem to be a flip of the coin after the second dose. Im getting the shot because I care about humanity, not because I’m necessarily worried about myself.

I’m a guy, most of us are babies when we get sick. Lets be honest.

I could echo this word for word in regards to health over the past year. To be truthful im dreading my second shot first week of May but just something we gotta do
It’s worth it. Just knowing I can finally resume some semblance of control and normality in my life...that’s worth everything.

FYI

Starting this Friday, if you are 60 years old or older, you can go to the State Fair for a vaccination without an appointment. Just bring ID.

I was getting my 2nd shot this week at the local pharmacy and a couple 80 yr olds were getting their first.. part of me wanted to ask how that happened. were they hesitant or did they need a ride or help setting it up..

Now that anyone can go they need to get that out you dont need internet access to set things up at some of these places.. I wonder what they do though.. how long is the prep for the vial.. I would supposed they always stay a bit ahead and expect to use it the next day?

I know I was in the pharmacy a couple times and people were asking about getting appts weeks ago who didnt know how to do it online.

We will get to 60% by end of May +- 5% I think.. but any more than that really dont know.. Really need more outreach into some counties to see better what the issues are.

2nd Pfizer shot in yesterday afternoon. Slept well, feel fine outside of the sore arm.

Took a few days off from work. Thinking Road House may be on the docket for first movie of the day followed by Point Break.

Also, go Knicks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors