OT: vaccine | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my second shot yesterday.
My first shot tired me out a bit I think, or it could’ve been just lack of sleep but my arm hurt for like 3-4 days.
Right now my arm is sore but doesn’t feel anywhere as bad as the first time.

Also took my vaccine cards to staples and got two copies made, plus the original and got them all laminated for free.

Got my second vaccine yesterday and a dump truck ran me over sometime early this morning. Sore as f*** but otherwise not too shabby.
That was my experience with the 2nd. The first I had nothing and the 2nd I had body aches the next day.

When I got my second Moderna shot in Oct (phase 3 trial) they mentioned enrolling in the booster trial in July/August depending on the long term efficacy data collected during the trial.

They also mentioned a combined flu/covid-19 annual shot.

When I got my second Moderna shot in Oct (phase 3 trial) they mentioned enrolling in the booster trial in July/August depending on the long term efficacy data collected during the trial.

They also mentioned a combined flu/covid-19 annual shot.
Wow, an affinity for being a lab rat huh? I kid ;)

Vaccine rollout here in Canada has been very slow due to us not receiving the doses ordered and promised months ago. My wife and I are in our 70's and we both have underlining conditions. We have appointments for our first shot tomorrow finally. Our second appointment is set for August, but could be moved up if vaccine shipments continue to increase.

Vaccine rollout here in Canada has been very slow due to us not receiving the doses ordered and promised months ago. My wife and I are in our 70's and we both have underlining conditions. We have appointments for our first shot tomorrow finally. Our second appointment is set for August, but could be moved up if vaccine shipments continue to increase.

A subtle reminder that, for all our problems, the United States is still a great country.

Everybody in the US who wants the vaccine can get it, but even in our developed neighbor the high risk are still waiting. Wow.

Got my second vaccine shot yesterday and woke up today feeling foggy like I hit the bong a bunch of times.

Got my second vaccine yesterday and a dump truck ran me over sometime early this morning. Sore as f*** but otherwise not too shabby.

Hope you guys feel better. Feel slightly guilty to hear this, with me not having any such side effects. Just goes to show how difficult it is to predict how different people physiologically react to treatment protocols.

Sorry to hear this. Hope you and your family are able to stay safe and get through this together.

If anyone wonders why Canada has been shut down and is so hard to get into, this has to be part of the reason.

Sorry to hear this. Hope you and your family are able to stay safe and get through this together.

If anyone wonders why Canada has been shut down and is so hard to get into, this has to be part of the reason.

Yeah, here in NY (Ulster County) on Tues, I could have scheduled a SAME DAY appointment, had I been available for it myself.

Got my daughter and I scheduled for next Tues afternoon.
It was easy-peasy. They had DOZENS of openings available.

It's crazy that we're fully open to all ages 16+, and have excess capacity, yet America's Hat has still not gotten around to the older and more at-risk population yet.

Hope you guys feel better. Feel slightly guilty to hear this, with me not having any such side effects. Just goes to show how difficult it is to predict how different people physiologically react to treatment protocols.
Thanks man! TBH I don’t even feel that bad, just foggy like I had little sleep or consumed a bit too much the night before.

Thanks man! TBH I don’t even feel that bad, just foggy like I had little sleep or consumed a bit too much the night before.
Yeah, that is how I felt. It wasn’t that bad, I just was out of it and not very functional or productive. Watched Cuse lose at the buzzer to Virginia and barely had any reaction the whole game. I felt a bit better as it got close to bedtime that night and was fine the following morning. No big deal IMO, just a good day to take off and lay around and relax.

August? I don’t get it. If first is tomorrow.

Honestly I feel this way today. Not sure if it’s the weather and the temp swings (much colder the last two days than it had been the last couple weeks) or what, but my head feels heavy. This is the season for this type of stuff though.

Honestly I feel this way today. Not sure if it’s the weather and the temp swings (much colder the last two days than it had been the last couple weeks) or what, but my head feels heavy. This is the season for this type of stuff though.

That could be part of my problem too. It looked and felt like mid February here all morning. I could barely see across the street it was snowing so hard. Now the sun is trying to come out.

#2 yesterday as well...on hour 27+...

today is business as usual.

That could be part of my problem too. It looked and felt like mid February here all morning. I could barely see across the street it was snowing so hard. Now the sun is trying to come out.
Yeah this is the time of year for allergies and throw in these weather swings and they take a toll on people’s equilibriums

We both had our second shots on Tuesday. Planned a day off yesterday, which was a good idea. Felt like a bad hangover coupled with some joint aches, and got about 10 hours of intermittent sleep last night. All good today.

Appreciate the comments gang. Thought I would clarify a few things.

- I do not want to be political here, but it was your new President who halted the shipments to us from the manufacturers. He has now recently opened things up. At the present time I think we only have about 25-30% of our population who have received one dose.
- We had plenty of the Asto vaccines which have been given to people under the age of 55.
- People in nursing homes and those over 80 have been getting vaccines as a priority.
- The next priority was people between 60 and 70.
- My son (age 42) works in the health care industry and got both his shots quite a while ago.
- With regards to the border, it was Canada who essentially closed the border (to non essential traffic) early on as the cases in the U.S. were way higher than up here. Unfortunately we are in the middle of the third wave and cases are skyrocketing so I don't see the border opening any time soon.
- On a "per capita" basis our cases have always been considerably lower than in the U.S. However, this disparity is dwindling.

Yeah this is the time of year for allergies and throw in these weather swings and they take a toll on people’s equilibriums
The day after my first Moderna (this past Sunday) I woke up with a sore throat - throat is still sore and my voice is really raspy. This isn’t a symptom of the vaccine typically and I think it’s allergies - just an extremely coincidental timing, I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom