OT: vaccine | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my second shot yesterday.
My first shot tired me out a bit I think, or it could’ve been just lack of sleep but my arm hurt for like 3-4 days.
Right now my arm is sore but doesn’t feel anywhere as bad as the first time.

Also took my vaccine cards to staples and got two copies made, plus the original and got them all laminated for free.
I was told by the hospital who did my vaccinations to not laminate the vaccine cards. In fact they alerted every patient to not laminate the card because they anticipate a third shot being needed in 6-9 months and they need to write on the card then.

I was told by the hospital who did my vaccinations to not laminate the vaccine cards. In fact they alerted every patient to not laminate the card because they anticipate a third shot being needed in 6-9 months and they need to write on the card then.
Week to late. Lol. O well. Guess they will have to figure it out.

#2 is in the books.

Just posting here for those who didn't receive the update telepathically.

well? I’m assuming you aren’t doing too good since you haven’t been online since last night.

Is everyone's experience that the 2nd dose is Exactly 3 or 4 weeks (Pfizer - Moderna) after the first? My 2nd was 4 weeks to the minute of the first shot. I ask because my son' says his second Pfizer is 3 weeks and 2 days after the first. But he lives in Florida ...
My wife's second Pfizer is tomorrow, 2 weeks and 4 days after shot #1.

Just got poked 2 minutes ago and I’m in waiting area. Canada has screwed up procurement t to the point that second shot is in 4 months much less 25 days.
My 2nd Moderna shot was 25 days after my first. my friend who got his shot the same day was 32 after. I little early was a bit strange but a bit late is pretty normal

Just got poked 2 minutes ago and I’m in waiting area. Canada has screwed up procurement t to the point that second shot is in 4 months much less 25 days.
Glad you got one. Hopefully the situation will improve and you can get the second one sooner.

Is everyone's experience that the 2nd dose is Exactly 3 or 4 weeks (Pfizer - Moderna) after the first? My 2nd was 4 weeks to the minute of the first shot. I ask because my son' says his second Pfizer is 3 weeks and 2 days after the first. But he lives in Florida ...
When I scheduled my first, I was automatically scheduled for my 2nd - exactly 3 weeks (Pfizer) to the minute from the 1st.
1619719710745.gif

When I scheduled my first, I was automatically scheduled for my 2nd - exactly 3 weeks (Pfizer) to the minute from the 1st. View attachment 200489
Same and best part for me, is the lady I talked to when signing in for shot 1 said they aren't strict with the time slot you had, meaning, I could come in at 7:45am so I didn't have to burn another half day at work for shot 2. I was also encouraged to see a lot more folk getting the vaccine this time. Has to be a good thing.

Got mine at noon. Hurt more than the first one. Arm sore now. Feel tired but I often do. I expect to not feel great tmrw, like a hangover. So I figured why not have a couple drinks. Just a couple.
Not sure I ever followed up. Sunday felt run down starting early morning Sunday when I woke up and could not fall back asleep. Similar to days in the past when I've been sick and called off work. Just laid around all day watching GoT. Certainly felt a bit foggy and in "slow motion" and very minor headache. I can see the hangover comparison but I absolutely have had way way worse hangovers. Not debatable there. Honestly it was not as bad as I was expecting. No chills, fever, sweats, extreme headache. But I definitely noticed it. Arm was sore for a few days. Still is a little bit actually, but much less than the few days post shot.

Not sure I ever followed up. Sunday felt run down starting early morning Sunday when I woke up and could not fall back asleep. Similar to days in the past when I've been sick and called off work. Just laid around all day watching GoT. Certainly felt a bit foggy and in "slow motion" and very minor headache. I can see the hangover comparison but I absolutely have had way way worse hangovers. Not debatable there. Honestly it was not as bad as I was expecting. No chills, fever, sweats, extreme headache. But I definitely noticed it. Arm was sore for a few days. Still is a little bit actually, but much less than the few days post shot.

Perfectly describes mine too... I actually felt kind of a body high too lol. And for sure this is noooo comparison to my hangovers of old

Perfectly describes mine too... I actually felt kind of a body high too lol. And for sure this is noooo comparison to my hangovers of old
A few weeks back I was out at a bar with some friends for first time in a long time. Ended up taking some shots and playing drinking games. Woke up the next morning feeling drunk still. Did not do much moving that day. Haha.

Seems inevitable we get hit with the new variant that is running amuk in India and our current vaccine is not effective against.

Seems inevitable we get hit with the new variant that is running amuk in India and our current vaccine is not effective against.

I'm just trying to understand the wording here...seems inevitable means "if the variant" makes its way here? And is it also an "if" about our vaccines not protecting against this strain? Sorry if I'm reading this wrong, but I'm hoping those are two "ifs". I didn't see either of those possibilities in the article nor elsewhere but I'm a slow read!

I'm just trying to understand the wording here...seems inevitable means "if the variant" makes its way here? And is it also an "if" about our vaccines not protecting against this strain? Sorry if I'm reading this wrong, but I'm hoping those are two "ifs". I didn't see either of those possibilities in the article nor elsewhere but I'm a slow read!

Honestly, all the reports at this points are anecdotal at best. There's not nearly enough data re: testing, etc. to draw conclusions about the current situation as it relates to the B.1.167 variant. So far, the breakthrough infections are largely related to the AstraZeneca vaccine (prominent in India), which has been less effective generally against variants (including B.1.1.7 or the "British" variant, which is also likely a contributor to the current wave in India). Then there's the broader social context to consider - single digit vaccination rates, general population sentiments re: crowds and distancing, etc.

TL;DR - wait for more data, the story is likely much more complex than a single variant.

This is how people get dumb information and it spreads. Stop saying stuff like this. There is nothing about what you're saying that is correct at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom