Our New Coach should be Nunzio | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our New Coach should be Nunzio

He coached the team to three bowl games.

He won ten games one season.

If Shrader had been healthy this year he probably would have won seven games - perhaps eight games - and would have remained with the Program.

He adjusted the staff over the years - bringing us some very good coaches.

He adjusted the scheme, bringing us a pretty effective defensive approach.

The Wildcat attack he and his staff developed this year was clever and effective.

Like it or not, the fact is that he was a victim of what has impacted Scott Shafer - a lack of depth caused by various factors beyond his control.

Hopefully, with the renewed investment in the Program and the addition of a young coach who supposed to be a great recruiter, we will add depth and be in a better position to compete against the best the ACC has to offer.
Why would the depth be beyond his control? Isn’t he responsible for the roster?

He coached the team to three bowl games.

He won ten games one season.

If Shrader had been healthy this year he probably would have won seven games - perhaps eight games - and would have remained with the Program.

He adjusted the staff over the years - bringing us some very good coaches.

He adjusted the scheme, bringing us a pretty effective defensive approach.

The Wildcat attack he and his staff developed this year was clever and effective.

Like it or not, the fact is that he was a victim of what has impacted Scott Shafer - a lack of depth caused by various factors beyond his control.

Hopefully, with the renewed investment in the Program and the addition of a young coach who supposed to be a great recruiter, we will add depth and be in a better position to compete against the best the ACC has to offer.
I will just cite 1 play, the play I feel like cost him his job. It's 4th down and 2 1/2 at the GT 32 yard line, he decides to try a 50 yard field goal, what are the odds of making a 50 yard field goal, 40%, and Denaburg hasn't been that good this season. The offense was pushing GT around and by telling them to go for it says i have confidence in you. It also says I have confidence in my defense if you don;t make it. Your running a power running game to break the will of the opposing defense and if he had gone for it and made it Tech would have been staggering. If You continue that drive for a TD, Tech would have been toast. Even if it didn't yield a TD, if would have gotten them into a much more makeable field range. I want them to win that game and I wanted Dino to remain as head coach and I wanted him to keep running that offense. Defenses are not built to stop that offense, people would whine and cry, but Syracuse would win a lot of football games.

I will just cite 1 play, the play I feel like cost him his job. It's 4th down and 2 1/2 at the GT 32 yard line, he decides to try a 50 yard field goal, what are the odds of making a 50 yard field goal, 40%, and Denaburg hasn't been that good this season. The offense was pushing GT around and by telling them to go for it says i have confidence in you. It also says I have confidence in my defense if you don;t make it. Your running a power running game to break the will of the opposing defense and if he had gone for it and made it Tech would have been staggering. If You continue that drive for a TD, Tech would have been toast. Even if it didn't yield a TD, if would have gotten them into a much more makeable field range. I want them to win that game and I wanted Dino to remain as head coach and I wanted him to keep running that offense. Defenses are not built to stop that offense, people would whine and cry, but Syracuse would win a lot of football games.
I don't recall.

What did we do on third down that series - before the fourth down call?

I don't recall either how much time was left in the game?

How was Denaburg kicking during pre-game?

If he hadn't been fired we would never have known Beck put together the offense for the Pittsburgh game.
Dino would have just let everyone believe he did it.

I moved all the Fran Brown staffing posts to the Fran Brown thread

I am an alum of Bergen Catholic. I like Nunzio very much and think he would be great to keep at Syracuse. But the best players on each Bergen Catholic and Don Bosco this year are committed to Georgia currently, both recruited by Fran Brown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom