Paterno needs to be fired today. Not allowed to end season - | Syracusefan.com

Paterno needs to be fired today. Not allowed to end season -

he does not deserve to finish this season.
Ordinarily I would say you need a Penn State guy to come in and restore the program, spend the time it takes to repair image and all that. Might make it trickier due to Paterno's tenure, as candidates may be tainted by past association.

As of right now I think he coaches the weekend and then steps down. I really hope they fire his *ss though, all of them. None of them deserve to step down.

I agree, but I contend that PSU is meeting with the DA to arrange having the case slowed down long enough so the season can be finished, with a promise that Paterno will then retire.

Not him, but they need to clean house, immediately. This was going on for far too long with far too many red flags and incidents and deplorable acts.

Coach P is the only person still coaching who left Penn State before any of the victims were born. He becomes the first coach in his 60s to replace a much older man. DeLeone becomes the new HC at UConn. Steve Bush becomes the new OC at PSU. JoePa becomes the OC at Rutgers.

He should be fired immediately. He protected a child rapist and allowed him to access to the program! This is a very easy decision, his reputation is forever destroyed and it should be! IMO he should be in jail.

Paterno doesn't deserve the dignity of resigning on his own terms. Everyone who ever caught wind of this in any way, shape, or form needs to be ousted Post Haste.

Penn State is allowing this to get worse by the minute. JoePa out, McQuery out, Spanier obviously out.

Let the other assistants coach the remainder of the season, and at the end of the year they're all gone too. Run damage control with the existing players who return that the steps you are taking ensure the university won't stand for this. See what you can salvage from incoming recruits. Start over next year, they might not take as much of a step back as people think.

If they just try to keep this business as usual attitude, let it play out in the courts, this isn't going to end well.

They have no one on their side. No one. Not even their own fans, students, etc.

He protected Penn state, he didn't give a crapp about the chidren! Can you imagine protecting a man that yiou saw raping a child in the showers at the SU football locker room! Paterno is just as bad as Sandusky!

It doesn't matter. The national outrage will be too much.

If he ever coaches on the road again, invest in pitchforks and torches.

simpsons-mob-torches.jpg

simpsons-mob-torches.jpg

PSU can't bring Paterno and McQueary, in particular, to Columbus next weekend.

simpsons-mob-torches.jpg

Lucky they don't play at WVU this weekend.

Considering he and others were aware of these alleged incidents, and then continued to allow Sandusky access to the facilities, and according to reports allowed him at practice WITH A CHILD in 2007 and apparently thought nothing of it, he needs to go. There is no escaping this for JoePa or, I'm assuming, the majority of the coaching staff. Hopefully Spanier follows, as well.

The call to Al Golden perhaps

The problem is that AG likely has a connection with Sandusky.

I'm not sure the new hire can come from within the Family.

And that's a problem because the program has never really hired from outside the Family.

Penn State is allowing this to get worse by the minute. JoePa out, McQuery out, Spanier obviously out.

Let the other assistants coach the remainder of the season, and at the end of the year they're all gone too. Run damage control with the existing players who return that the steps you are taking ensure the university won't stand for this. See what you can salvage from incoming recruits. Start over next year, they might not take as much of a step back as people think.

If they just try to keep this business as usual attitude, let it play out in the courts, this isn't going to end well.

They have no one on their side. No one. Not even their own fans, students, etc.

I agree.

To save the Program the entire bunch has to be fired.

The problem is that AG likely has a connection with Sandusky.

I'm not sure the new hire can come from within the Family.

And that's a problem because the program has never really hired from outside the Family.

P is the guy. He's squeaky clean. He's connected to the Family but not tainted by the scandal. He knows the northeast and he oozes integrity. They need someone who is totally above board. It's about more than wins and losses and, in some ways, that's true for all of college football (lots of offhand comments here and elsewhere about bringing in the feds to oversee the whole thing). He's absolutely perfect for the job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom