Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gone

kcsu...amazing poster, but absent info, that post does not help. Dior Johnson's commitment makes me incredibly interested in what happened between the six recruits on that Duke weekend. As mentioned elsewhere, I had doubts that a graduating senior Tape would have much report with a high school sophomore Johnson. Even if they got along, they will never play together in college. But if Tape somehow projects what Johnson's commitment means in terms of cachet of the SU program, maybe it helps a smidge toward Patrick making a basketball decision toward SU that makes sense for him anyway?

kcsu...amazing poster, but absent info, that post does not help. Dior Johnson's commitment makes me incredibly interested in what happened between the six recruits on that Duke weekend. As mentioned elsewhere, I had doubts that a graduating senior Tape would have much report with a high school sophomore Johnson. Even if they got along, they will never play together in college. But if Tape somehow projects what Johnson's commitment means in terms of cachet of the SU program, maybe it helps a smidge toward Patrick making a basketball decision toward SU that makes sense for him anyway?
“He gone” has a long, rich history on this board. It is typically a sarcastic response to a recruit or current player’s even slight possibility of choosing another school or transferring/entering the draft, respectively.

This post didnt age well
I’d wait until Dior actually steps on a college court before taking a victory lap. But you do you.

I’m happy about his commitment, but there’s a rich history of guys not making it to SU for one reason or another.

I’d wait until Dior actually steps on a college court before taking a victory lap. But you do you.

I’m happy about his commitment, but there’s a rich history of guys not making it to SU for one reason or another.

Rich history? I’ve got Bazely and Winfred Walton. Anyone I’m forgetting? Doesn’t seem like a rich history to me.

Rich history? I’ve got Bazely and Winfred Walton. Anyone I’m forgetting? Doesn’t seem like a rich history to me.

Hines Was another epic one. But if you look at all the kids that have committed over the years it’s an extremely small percentage that don’t actually make it to campus. I have no idea how that compares to other major college basketball programs. Still it’s a pretty rare thing to happen when you look at the overall numbers.

Dior has already pumped life into the program that's been missing for a few years and we've already gotten another unexpected 5 star to officially visit later this month. But I'll wait for the victory lap until one of the 7 recruits steps on campus. Then I'll get you to join me in finally being happy. Haha.In the meantime you do you.

The upside is that now SU can be seen as a contender. Being mentioned in the ESPN scroll is a big positive.
If he brings others along with him, so much the better.

Hines Was another epic one. But if you look at all the kids that have committed over the years it’s an extremely small percentage that don’t actually make it to campus. I have no idea how that compares to other major college basketball programs. Still it’s a pretty rare thing to happen when you look at the overall numbers.
Moustapha Diagne was going to be a monster.

Is there any word on him from when he cane to visit? Haven’t heard or seen much about how his time went or what he thought of coming here?

Karlton Hines

“He gone” has a long, rich history on this board. It is typically a sarcastic response to a recruit or current player’s even slight possibility of choosing another school or transferring/entering the draft, respectively.

what does respectively mean in that sentence?

Dont see this one happening especially with Ohio St and Maryland having clear pathway to minutes next year. Now a grad transfer forward is a big time possibility

Dont see this one happening especially with Ohio St and Maryland having clear pathway to minutes next year. Now a grad transfer forward is a big time possibility

That's a shame. We will be in the same boat with huge holes in it next year. Sidibe fouls out in 20 minutes and I doubt the other two are ready. Ugh. The staff sees the same issue or they wouldn't have contacted this kid and got the visit. Real bad news

If a guy looks at our roster and doesn't think he can earn playing time over the likes of Sidibe then you have to wonder if that is a guy you even want.

Yes, and it’s old, very old, and not funny anymore. Should be retired (said this old curmudgeon)

We have to do whatever is possible to get this guy here next year. Let Edwards redshirt for a year and put on some weight!!! We will be really good next year if this guy comes to Cuse!!!
What leads you to think he's a 1 year difference maker at this high of a level? He did 11/6 with a block on 66% shooting in the Ivy last year. Sidibe is at 5/7 on 68% with a block in the ACC. Obviously if the coaches are interested that means more than anything we can decipher from stats but I see a lot of similar comments and just don't really get it. No fan of Sidibe but not sure its a guarantee that this kid is an upgrade when factoring in a big step up in competition. Towns on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom