Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all speculation at this point, but I would be surprised if JBA plays anywhere other than the 5. He has skills, but on tape he seems to lack explosiveness and quickness. Speaking in absolutes before we’ve seen the kid play at this level isn’t real smart...but I don’t see a 3
i don't know about playing the 3 . . . but he looked good - really good - in the midnight madness skills competition (until he dribbled the ball off his foot at the end). i don't see any reason why he couldn't play one of the forward spots alongside a true center

for that matter, edwards' dutch coach said that his ultimate position would be forward as well. for whatever that is worth. i recall a decade ago when the oak hill coach also told us bmk would be a forward.

Definite chance, for all those reasons.

I think it comes down to whether he wants a clear path to a starting role -- might not get that at SU.

If he's willing to bet on himself and compete for PT and potentially be a cog on a good team, then we've got a good chance.

The key is bet on himself. If he can evolve into a P5 elite big he could quickly put himself into a position where he shows up on draft boards in a hurry. Without Eli we will need more scoring. However adding a big who can, along with the newcomers and growth of our returning guys and next year we could be a surprise. Marek and Tape playing together is an intriguing prospect. The floor balance and spacing could be an even bigger headache for defenses and then we could defend better too.

It is almost a blessing in disguise we have hit a shooting slump because even so we haven't stopped scoring. Guys are learning to get their buckets inside and driving. Joe is learning how to drive on better athletes. Lots to place some hope on that Tape could be a huge shot in the arm to go with.

Yeah last night proved a glaring weakness we all know has been there. Sidibe fouled out in 11 minutes...

JB should continue to go hard after this guy but should also have another option, start scouring the junior college prospect list for a physical defender or shot blocker. The defense needs to improve next year, because Eli is likely gone and there won't be enough offensive firepower to just outshoot and outscore teams

I can't recall another team that has been so deficient in the middle. Pascal had no offensive abilities but was a force in the middle on the defensive end. This team, as predicted, has shown dramatic improvement on the offensive side and is fun to watch. Girard has been a pleasant surprise, Buddy has shown huge improvements, and Hughes is having a first team ACC type of season. Going forward Guerrier will be a stud and Marek provides them with lots if intangibles.

Unfortunately the two freshman centers, who were not highly ranked, have provided very little and Sidibe who shows occasional flashes is limited on the offensive end and can't keep himself on the court because of foul trouble. We are a donut team which allows teams to really press and be physical with our shooters. Can at least one of the centers have a breakout season next year? Can they find a 5th year transfer?

NCAA's are not going to happen. I just want to see us play competitive and win some games down the stretch.

I can't recall another team that has been so deficient in the middle. Pascal had no offensive abilities but was a force in the middle on the defensive end. This team, as predicted, has shown dramatic improvement on the offensive side and is fun to watch. Girard has been a pleasant surprise, Buddy has shown huge improvements, and Hughes is having a first team ACC type of season. Going forward Guerrier will be a stud and Marek provides them with lots if intangibles.

Unfortunately the two freshman centers, who were not highly ranked, have provided very little and Sidibe who shows occasional flashes is limited on the offensive end and can't keep himself on the court because of foul trouble. We are a donut team which allows teams to really press and be physical with our shooters. Can at least one of the centers have a breakout season next year? Can they find a 5th year transfer?

NCAA's are not going to happen. I just want to see us play competitive and win some games down the stretch.
Lots of teams play without a talented and physical presence in the middle (at the 5). Most of those teams (most G5 squads) play M2M defense and can Mask their deficiency in the middle better than we can this year. We play zone and always will with JAB as HC. Next year will be better, with or without Tape.

If Tape comes here he will start and play 30 mins a night if not in foul trouble. It’s very apparent Sidibe is a backup at best. I would be telling Tape and Towns you guys will be starting and playing big minutes next year!!!

He can catch the ball well. That's an improvement over centers at SU since 2015.

He can do more than that. How many centers do you see intercept a pass up high and then go the length of the floor for the breakaway dunk?

AO showed potential as a true freshman. We were all surprised then, as he looked way better than his recruiting rankings. He was just caught behind a veteran Watkins. Then he got hurt. By his 3rd year he was a legit go to guy. He never looked flat out bad offensively the way our recent guys all have.
That’s true. I remember Donna Ditota talking about being really impressed with him and his footwork and paint scoring abilities during an early practice freshman year. He oozed potential. He also worked really hard to reach that potential. I still don’t know why we didn’t recruit his brother.

This tweet has been deleted. What did it say?
That Tape was leaning towards not transferring to SU and that Maryland was the leader and his next visit.
something to that effect

That Tape was leaning towards not transferring to SU and that Maryland was the leader and his next visit.
something to that effect
Who was it from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online