Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he knows all that, then I want help from him on what my opponent has in poker. No one can know all of that. Because he played in the Ivy against Towns they are suddenly friends? Or he knows that Eli is going pro? What other things can he possible know?
I mean I was just throwing out a hypothetical but next time I’ll do a better job thinking through what I type to make sure it’s plausible in dasher’s mind

Admit it, you forgot about Dior. The opportunity to take a shot was just too much to bother with facts.
For next year guys. I already gave props for Dior.
What i mean is he needs to scour the universe for help for next years team.

Assuming we're not out of it this 'crootment, I'm irrationally confident that Edwards will make a big improvement and may very well supplant Sidibe as the starter next season.;
If I thought JB would do it, I’d say it’s likely to happen. Just isn’t his style I don’t think. BS will start. My hope are that either Edwards or JBA plays more minutes...and more importantly marek doesnt have to play the 5

For next year guys. I already gave props for Dior.
What i mean is he needs to scour the universe for help for next years team.
Can't disagree with any of that. I still hope for Tape. Unless we have someone else in mind that I don't know about. Which is more than possible.

Fans are underrating JBA. I think he can be solid next year:

I was much more impressed with him as a recruit than I was with Edwards. Concerns me a bit that he was a redshirt while Edwards was not though.

I was much more impressed with him as a recruit than I was with Edwards. Concerns me a bit that he was a redshirt while Edwards was not though.

JBA was coming off of an injury.
It’s also why his recruiting ranking plummeted.

At Orange Madness he showed out pretty well in the skills competition, especially for a Big.

He’s really more of a potential stretch 4, but the RS season has allowed him to bulk up and actually be a guy who can’t get bullied (as badly) in the middle.
IIRC he’s up to ~230 now.

He has more “below the rim” athleticism, but so did RickJack, and that can still be very effective for us.
(JBA has a better face-up game than Rick ever will)

Next year we’ll have 3 Bigs plus Marek who can play the 5.
(in a perfect world, we only use Marek there for mismatches in OUR favor.)
If nothing else, we’ll have up to 20 fouls to give at the 5.

Could be completely wrong here but didn’t he have surgery and that was part of the decision because he was just getting back from it.

Fans are underrating JBA. I think he can be solid next year:

Are there any practice reports on JBA? When I met him last spring at Westtown I encouraged him to keep hitting the weight room to prepare for the rigors of DI basketball. I have seen many of his high school games, he was not a focal part of the offense and even came off the bench for awhile. I didn't see any back to the basket or short dribble drive moves, hopefully he is working on those skills. He does have a nice face up jump shot game. My guess is that JBA probably didn't start playing basketball until he was older and even when he came to the states was playing at a lower level HS until his transfer to Westtown, I believe his senior year. Makes total sense that he was redshirted this year, especially with the log jam at center.

Are there any practice reports on JBA? When I met him last spring at Westtown I encouraged him to keep hitting the weight room to prepare for the rigors of DI basketball. I have seen many of his high school games, he was not a focal part of the offense and even came off the bench for awhile. I didn't see any back to the basket or short dribble drive moves, hopefully he is working on those skills. He does have a nice face up jump shot game. My guess is that JBA probably didn't start playing basketball until he was older and even when he came to the states was playing at a lower level HS until his transfer to Westtown, I believe his senior year. Makes total sense that he was redshirted this year, especially with the log jam at center.

Westtown team was LOADED.

He had two 5* guys ahead of him, IIRC.

It’s crazy that a HS team had more talented guys than most college teams.

JBA being “buried on the bench” was less an indictment of his game, and more about the guys ahead of him.

See: Waiters, Dion & Carter-Williams, Michael for examples of that phenomenon at Cuse.

Look JBA and/or Edwards could develop into players, but I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that either one of them plugged into next season's likely lineup is going to yield a good result. They are too young and too raw and we simply aren't strong enough at other positions to deflect from their probable inadequacies.

It's one thing to field a weak link at a position when all four other positions are manned by strong to above average players, but that will not be the case for us next season, whether Eli returns or not. We need a solid solution at center next season not a three ring circus of fouls.

You would think Tape would look at coming to Syracuse and playing in front of 30,000 fans and having a chance to maybe make the NBA as a huge opportunity!!! Lots of scouts attend when we play Duke, UNC and Louisville!

You would think Tape would look at coming to Syracuse and playing in front of 30,000 fans and having a chance to maybe make the NBA as a huge opportunity!!! Lots of scouts attend when we play Duke, UNC and Louisville!
Yeah, they never go to MD home games, or Big 10 road games. Just not worth scouting.

Last edited:
Yeah, the never go to MD home games, or Big 10 road games. Just not worth scouting.
Ah good ole tuttle making the obvious comment thanks captain!
No duh they go there Jesus Christ

JBA being “buried on the bench” was less an indictment of his game, and more about the guys ahead of him.

See: Waiters, Dion & Carter-Williams, Michael for examples of that phenomenon at Cuse.
I am only liking half of this post because Westtown was loaded. But people dont know JBA got benched because he wasn't playing good. We had a very very big thread about his abilities and if he should have been recruited to Syracuse in his thread. Might be interesting reading. But I am not high on him. Lets hope Braswell is healthy next year.

Waiters and MCW were McDonalds All American top 25 recruits type players while JBA was 480 ranked high school player. He is not a difference maker. Praying that we get Big Frank from Westtown. He would be a difference maker immediately when you look at our center play the last 4 years.

But this thread is about Tape. The highlights i see from him are impressive, but his numbers aren't overwhelming in that conference. I have to watch a full game or 3 of his. But i guess now he is looking at a full other P5 schools. If we cant get a real BIG maybe we should just press more (to run down opp shot clock) so they dont have as much time to break down our zone in halfcourt.

Yeah, the never go to MD home games, or Big 10 road games. Just not worth scouting.
Not what I’m saying at al!!! He can Play just as many minutes here as he can at Maryland. The only way he comes off the floor here is if he’s in foul trouble or needs a quick 2 minute blow!!!

Look JBA and/or Edwards could develop into players, but I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that either one of them plugged into next season's likely lineup is going to yield a good result. They are too young and too raw and we simply aren't strong enough at other positions to deflect from their probable inadequacies.

It's one thing to field a weak link at a position when all four other positions are manned by strong to above average players, but that will not be the case for us next season, whether Eli returns or not. We need a solid solution at center next season not a three ring circus of fouls.
How do I super like this 19x??? Spot on!

I think we should RS Edwards next year whether Tape comes here or not. Play Sidibe, JBA and Marek if need be at center.

Baylor starts a 5th year senior who started out at a D3 school and he is now one of the best players on the #1 team in the country.

Big guys need time to grow into their bodies.

Unfortunately that 5* that took his starting spot was a sophomore (Frank Kepnang) I believe. Not a good look for a senior to lose his starting spot to a senior. I have no idea why the staff stayed so focued on JBA and never looked at Oscar Tshiebwe of WV who played last year in PA

I think we should RS Edwards next year whether Tape comes here or not. Play Sidibe, JBA and Marek if need be at center.

Baylor starts a 5th year senior who started out at a D3 school and he is now one of the best players on the #1 team in the country.

Big guys need time to grow into their bodies.
Edwards shows so much promise. Remember when we wanted to redshirt BJ and it caused him to leave? He blew up at LaSalle after that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom