Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only read the first 10 and last two pages of this thread, but I'm surprised by the people that don't see how he can help us. There seems to be a lot of talk about scoring and rebounding numbers, but I think I saw only one person mention the thing he has that all of our guys lack. He has actually size to go with his height. He isn't AO or even Rick Jackson big but he would be able to provide physicality in the middle that we don't have anywhere on our bench and won't have next year with our current players.

It isn't always about how many rebounds your guy gets. Sometimes it's about preventing their guy from getting some. It's also about matching up better with certain teams, and if he can do a better job of playing physical on defense against teams that have killed us on the inside, that will help.

Who doesn't like the idea of Marek at the foul line with the option to go high/low to this guy or kick it out to Buddy for an open 3?

Last edited:
I have only read the first 10 and last two pages of this thread, but I'm surprised by the people that don't see how he can help us. There seems to be a lot of talk about scoring and rebounding numbers, but I think I saw only one person mention the thing he has that all of our guys lack. He has actually size to go with his height. He isn't AO or even Rick Jackson big but he would be able to provide physicality in the middle that we don't have anywhere on our bench and won't have next year with our current players.

It isn't always about how many rebounds your guy gets. Sometimes it's about preventing their guy from getting some. It's also about matching up better with certain teams, and if he can do a better job of playing physical on defense against teams that have killed us on the inside, that will help.

Who doesn't like the idea of Marek at the foul line with the option to go high/low to this guy or kick it out to Buddy for an open 3?
I think it’s because those numbers are in the Ivy League - which is typically devoid of skilled bigs

I think it’s because those numbers are in the Ivy League - which is typically devoid of skilled bigs
Regardless, he's still bigger than anyone we have and should be able to match up against more physical teams better than who we have now. Contributions go beyond numbers. Neither Craig Forth nor Jeremy McNeil were big numbers guys, but we don't win a NC without them.

Before anyone goes stupid and says I'm saying this guy is one of those guys or that he'll make us a NC contender, that's not what I'm saying. He may allow us to matchup better with some teams better than we can without him. Strong interior players killed us this year.

And next year we could really use TAPE to compete better in the league.
He’s not coming to play with this roster. There needs to be more than him coming in.

Last edited:

The kid looks stronger and more athletic than anyone we have in the post right now. He would undoubtedly help us next year.

If we get Towns, we get this kid. If we roll into next season with Towns and Tape I will feel a lot better. Assuming Marek, Girard, Buddy, Goodine, Quincy, JBA and hopefully Sidibe progress over the summer, adding those two is a pretty solid team. ACC is going to be stronger as a whole next season and I think adding those two should put us in the top 6 of the ACC and a tourney bid with a stronger conference.

If we get Towns, we get this kid. If we roll into next season with Towns and Tape I will feel a lot better. Assuming Marek, Girard, Buddy, Goodine, Quincy, JBA and hopefully Sidibe progress over the summer, adding those two is a pretty solid team. ACC is going to be stronger as a whole next season and I think adding those two should put us in the top 6 of the ACC and a tourney bid with a stronger conference.
Assume Towns slides into Eli’s spot. Wonder if Tape wants to start; does JB bench a senior Sidibe?

Assume Towns slides into Eli’s spot. Wonder if Tape wants to start; does JB bench a senior Sidibe?
Yes, Tape starts.
PG-Girard
SG-Buddy
SF-Towns
PF-Marek
C-Tape

Sidibe, Quincy, Goodine are all solidly in the rotation. To be seen what Woody, Richmond and JBA can do.

Didn’t Gillon start from day 1?
no he didn’t start until Frank imploded. But he was also 5’10” P.G. from a low mid-major. His list of suitors was different than the guy who this thread is about.

no he didn’t start until Frank imploded. But he was also 5’10” P.G. from a low mid-major. His list of suitors was different than the guy who this thread is about.

Wasn’t Oklahoma after Gillon? And this was right after they went to the Final 4 with Buddy Hield.

Wasn’t Oklahoma after Gillon? And this was right after they went to the Final 4 with Buddy Hield.
And he didn’t even visit. So yeah? It was also four years ago and SU only had two guards on the roster as opposed to 3.5 centers, one of whom is a senior.

And he didn’t even visit. So yeah? It was also four years ago and SU only had two guards on the roster as opposed to 3.5 centers, one of whom is a senior.

Ok but you mentioned his list of suitors, which is what I did. His final 3 were Syracuse, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M. Also, Colorado State is at a higher level than Columbia is. What will be more telling, as I mentioned in Town’s thread, is which schools are recruiting both of them. It could be SU vs Maryland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom