PAY THAT MAN HIS MONEY!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PAY THAT MAN HIS MONEY!!!

Dabo makes over $8 million

Yep, and a big chunk is paid by the booster clubs just like most of these coaches who make the big $5m+ contracts. I wonder how much people here will contribute.

1537050618022.png

I'm just gonna be the person to slow this thread down a little:

Cuse hasn't done anything yet. They got a win against a name program, but maybe a bad team

They are 3-0, but they have to play the rest of September, October AND November

Is Dungey okay? If he's absent, will it affect the team down the stretch?

Babers has gotten this program to reach its pinnacle between games 7 and 8 the last 2 years. Then flame out

I love Babers. I'm just sayin

We are Syracuse. If you want to try and keep a coach that is changing the program you have to try and extend early. They may not have done nothing yet other than starting 3-0, but if you have eyes you can tell he has changed the roster and the culture of the program. There is absolutely no reason you DON'T offer. Are you waiting to see more? If so, what else? It's time to offer an extension

Get to a bowl game and give Babers money for assistants. Give Babers three years more which I think pushes him up to 5 years again. With the coaches bump and his 3 year extension you make him agree to a prohibitive buyout clause on the flip side. He has to be bowl eligible though. To me that is the trigger...

Get to a bowl game and give Babers money for assistants. Give Babers three years more which I think pushes him up to 5 years again. With the coaches bump and his 3 year extension you make him agree to a prohibitive buyout clause on the flip side. He has to be bowl eligible though. To me that is the trigger...
Dont you get it. He has absolutely nothing left to prove. NOTHING. If we cant see it now we are blind. This guy is IT!

Dont you get it. He has absolutely nothing left to prove. NOTHING. If we cant see it now we are blind. This guy is IT!
I do get it and I appreciate your emotions on Babers. He has done some nice things and he is getting better talent. He has a couple nice wins. Syracuse has smartly I believe done some soft value things for HCDFB like getting him private aircraft for travel, upgrading lockers, the AD is working his ESPN connection to get Babers visibility. From a negotiation standpoint though he just started year 3, program seems to be getting better but that has to translate into wins or as I said above at least bowl eligibility. Dont let emotions rule your negotiation. If Babers earns the bump, I fully believe the AD and university will more than take care of HCDFB.

I do get it and I appreciate your emotions on Babers. He has done some nice things and he is getting better talent. He has a couple nice wins. Syracuse has smartly I believe done some soft value things for HCDFB like getting him private aircraft for travel, upgrading lockers, the AD is working his ESPN connection to get Babers visibility. From a negotiation standpoint though he just started year 3, program seems to be getting better but that has to translate into wins or as I said above at least bowl eligibility. Dont let emotions rule your negotiation. If Babers earns the bump, I fully believe the AD and university will more than take care of HCDFB.
He earned the bump last year. Its time for the Wild one to pull the trigger.

I like Wildhack. However, as I was listening to his talk to some former greats from the early 90's and him saying that he is committed to returning to greatness by winning ACC conference titles and ultimately contending for national championships, I thought to myself before the game, that's fine to say but dollars show that commitment. Is he just hoping that we can do this on a budget or is he really all in? I hope it's the latter because we have the guy, just show him the money (and love)!

Five-year extension should be announced on Monday.

Despite the bone-headed playcalling at times, there's no question Dino is the right man for this job.

We have a legit shot to win 10 games this year. And I'm not kidding.

All for it. I agree with the play calling but he is still learning calling a P5 game on the job. He is the man. These kids and familes in terms of recruiting must love him. He connects with these kids and hos assistants and s&c staff are killing it.

If you let Babers go you end up searching again for another Babers but get years of: Greg Robinson, Doug Marrone (“Mr. Dream Job”), Scott Shafer....PAY THE MAN HIS MONEY!

I like Wildhack. However, as I was listening to his talk to some former greats from the early 90's and him saying that he is committed to returning to greatness by winning ACC conference titles and ultimately contending for national championships, I thought to myself before the game, that's fine to say but dollars show that commitment. Is he just hoping that we can do this on a budget or is he really all in? I hope it's the latter because we have the guy, just show him the money (and love)!

I heard it that way as well, and then I thought, "Well, he had to spend some money to bring back some of the old dogs." So while it doesn't contribute directly to the results on the field, it builds culture and identity, and that's not a bad thing.
1537057677364.gif

I heard it that way as well, and then I thought, "Well, he had to spend some money to bring back some of the old dogs." So while it doesn't contribute directly to the results on the field, it builds culture and identity, and that's not a bad thing. View attachment 139175

Oh yes, don't get me wrong, I very much like what he is doing. I just want to see that what he saying to the guys from the 90s is actually what he is committed to doing which will take more dollars.

Oh yes, don't get me wrong, I very much like what he is doing. I just want to see that what he saying to the guys from the 90s is actually what he is committed to doing which will take more dollars.

No worries, we're on the same page. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom