Pete Thamel | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Pete Thamel

I was speaking specifically to Chesney. I know nothing about Brown.

Chesney has HC experience. Wildhack specifically said either prior HC experience (not necessarily P5) or P5 coordinator experience. Chesney checks the HC experience box. Interestingly, it looks like the guy they are going to hire actually checks neither of those boxes.

Does this mean with the money saved they bring in an expensive experienced OC, the Dazzler for OL/AHC (which would make the coach P era guys happy) keep Nunzio and maybe some defensive assistants from Georgia?

So looking a little bit at these three guys Candle is the best option as he has been a successful D1 coach but doesn't have any NE ties so that will be difficult to succeed like Babers. (Funny he is probably best on paper and has the least posts about him)

These are all uninspiring but I guess it is the best we can do. We are either going to roll the dice on a recruiter with no HC experience or real coordinator experience or a Patriot League coach who has never recruited at this level. Both are so out there we will just need some luck either way we pick.

I do expect if Chesney is picked our offense and defense personnel will look a ton different as they will all be in the portal (just a guess no info)
Look at the NFL…lots of young guys out there that right to HC quickly out of nowhere

I'm actually starting to dig this. For the folks that are worried about Georgia and Cuse being totally different scenarios, it looks like he also did pretty well at Temple. No idea how he is in-game, but he has great connections, coordinator experience, and muchos gravitas on the recruiting side.
He is going to absolutely milk the portal.

For all we all know, Brown is seen in the CFB circles as a true up-and-comer and we are ahead of the curve. I believe I know that JW understands how important this hire is, and that professionally and personally, he wants SU FB to succeed.
I also know he is limited by the people who want the job and the money he has available.
No one hits on all of their hires.
I hope whoever gets the job does so well that in 7 years Alabama hires him to replace Saban.
Let’s assume 3-5 players look to follow their coach to SU. From which roster would you rather pull players?

For all we all know, Brown is seen in the CFB circles as a true up-and-comer and we are ahead of the curve. I believe I know that JW understands how important this hire is, and that professionally and personally, he wants SU FB to succeed.
I also know he is limited by the people who want the job and the money he has available.
No one hits on all of their hires.
I hope whoever gets the job does so well that in 7 years Alabama hires him to replace Saban.
Let’s assume 3-5 players look to follow their coach to SU. From which roster would you rather pull players?
This is the bet…home run swing…

I really did not like his name in the search, but I’m gonna sleep on it. We know he can recruit, he’s going to have to put together a damn good staff, but he definitely has the connections to do so, idk. Maybe it’s not as bad as I originally thought.

Hard to have an opinion. If he kills it, great. If not, bad decision. It’s impossible to know where this will go. I would’ve targeted Golden.

I really did not like his name in the search, but I’m gonna sleep on it. We know he can recruit, he’s going to have to put together a damn good staff, but he definitely has the connections to do so, idk. Maybe it’s not as bad as I originally thought.
If it’s Brown, I bet he supplied a list off who his OC and DC will be, and his recruiting coordinator, plus some others.
Also, a guy like him should be able to compel SU FB to get into the 21st century with nutrition, analytics, etc. (to the extent we are not currently up to date.)

Portal hot?
france flirt GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Spoke to the mother of one of our players. She is concerned about Chesney. Would rather have Nunzio over Chesney. At least Nunzio has experience coaching at our level with Rutgers and our one game. He really brought the players together this week from a difficult place.
I mean no offense to you or the player's mother but that statement is crazy. Just because he did well with a little adversity for a week doesn't make him a long term solution.

How would she know what type of coach/recruiter/human Chesney is to be "concerned" about his hire?

I'll probably get laughed off the board but I wouldn't be suprised if it was Marrone. He's got more of the qualifications JW laid out last week then anyone else. And for the conspiracy theroists out there, there was that private jet from cuse to Atl and the Saints did play the Falcons yesterday.
He doesn’t want the job.

Check the W-L records of those teams while he was there. Not impressive at all.
Oh please. Did he recruit and develop talent? Because that was his job, not steering the ship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom