Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

In the final days of his five-star recruitment, Isaiah Jackson still has people guessing.

The 6-foot-9 forward from the Detroit area is set to reveal his college decision at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Waterford Mott High School, and the three finalists are Alabama, Kentucky and Syracuse.

On the day before that announcement, few national recruiting experts had weighed in on where they think he’ll go.

“Isaiah has done a pretty good job of holding things close to the vest,” 247Sports national analyst Evan Daniels told the Herald-Leader. “I think it’s a two-horse race between Alabama and Kentucky.”

Daniels has not yet logged a Crystal Ball prediction. Neither of R1vals.com’s national analysts — Eric Bossi and Corey Evans — have put in a pick on Jackson’s Future Cast page.

Alabama might go into Saturday as the slight favorite — national recruiting expert Andrew Slater did make a pick for the Crimson Tide this fall, and national analyst Jerry Meyer followed suit a few weeks later — but the lack of buzz in the days leading up to Jackson’s announcement is telling.

“It’s been tough on him,” Mott High head coach David McGlown told the Herald-Leader. “He even thought about pushing it back for a minute there. But he wanted to follow the same timeline that he had set for himself. But, it’s tough. And, to my knowledge, to this day, I don’t even know which one it’s going to be. We’ll see Saturday.

“It’s just been a family thing with them. They’re really tight-knit, and they try to keep everything under wraps. And that’s a good thing.”

tenor.gif

I'm going to guess it's not bama. That's it...that's all I got.

I think you'll see a lot of crystal ball movement to UK only because it's the safe bet and these media guys dont want to be wrong.

The big man Iowa state just got had all 7 CBs on Iowa and he shocked everyone when he picked State
It wasnt shocking to many here in town tho. Thats what makes the CB's weird to me. Most knew it was going to be Iowa State.

Ok gentlemen (and ladies), 24 hours away & nobody has a clue except the Jackson family. Very strange situation but I like it.

I just can’t get over the timeline of IJ’s recruitment tho...

July/August - Article where IJ basically calls out SU (out of the blue really) & says he wants to setup a visit.

Later - We hear info from Bulldog that IJ didn’t like state of his recruitment - so family re-evaluates things & they reach out to SU so IJ could visit. (Kinda unheard of TBH. But amazing.)

Important to note: At this time both Kentucky & Alabama were involved already - both had offered IJ & he had dates setup to visit both already...therefore one could assume that:

--------- Kentucky & Alabama were part of "the problem" while Syracuse was "the solution!" ----------

Sept - IJ visits SU & all goes extremely well (we hear).

Few days post visit - We get amazing quotes from IJ's father about SU being basically the "basketball mecca of the world." (Ok, I may be exaggerating just a little...)

Few days after that - IJ posts his "Top 3" schools. (Almost like he knew right away that SU was it for him...)

Not too long after that - IJ sets a date for his announcement. (Again, he has yet to visit Alabama - lol - and he already knows he'll be ready to choose in a few weeks. Again, doesn't that sound like the actions of a man who has made his mind up already?)

Am I mis-stating any of the facts/timeline here? Please correct me if wrong, but that doesn't sound like a man who was going to turn around and pick Kentucky or Alabama after all this, right? I don't think so. If he was that enamored with either, why pick SU out of nowhere? Not like Kentucky swooped in with an offer at last second or something...

But again, we have no "real" data other than our speculation. Should be fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom