Class of 2022 - PF Tafara Gapare (New Zealand / South Kent) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Tafara Gapare (New Zealand / South Kent) Offered

Tafara is going to be a first round draft pick.

Visa didn’t clear until November so he’s easing his way in but maaaaan the kid is a freak and has a smooth jumper.

Visa didn’t clear until November so he’s easing his way in but maaaaan the kid is a freak and has a smooth jumper.
I was hoping we’d land this kid. Can’t believe he ended up at UMass. Ugh.

UCONN's getting worried.

Genuinely wonder what you mean by this. Context?
UCONN has been top dog in New England basketball for like ever. Providence, BC, URI will never rise to challenge Huskie dominance, but UMASS could and you know it,

UMASS has been nothing since Calipari left and they will continue to be that way.

UMASS has been nothing since Calipari left and they will continue to be that way.
Martin landed Gapare in his first class. They are also playing pretty good ball.

UCONN has been top dog in New England basketball for like ever. Providence, BC, URI will never rise to challenge Huskie dominance, but UMASS could and you know it,
UMass ranks right behind an earthquake destroying Gampel on my list of things that worry me as a UConn fan. I’d honestly like a decent UMass. It would make for a nice local mid major game each year.

I've had a soft spot in my heart for UMASS ever since coach Mac came from there.
If the coach Mac you mention is MacPherson, he is from Maine, born and raised in Old Town, Maine.

He coached at UMASS before he came to the Cuse and was very successful there. It was his springboard to the big time.
Actually, he came to the Orange from the Cleveland Browns after he was by passed for a coordinator job. I was in high school in Western Mass when Dick was the Head coach at UMass. He came to my school a few times.

He coached at UMASS before he came to the Cuse and was very successful there. It was his springboard to the big time.
Coach Mac came from the Cleveland Browns. He did used to coach at UMass along with Illinois, Cincinnati, Maryland and the Denver Broncos.

Coach Mac came from the Cleveland Browns. He did used to coach at UMass along with Illinois, Cincinnati, Maryland and the Denver Broncos.
Actually, he came to the Orange from the Cleveland Browns after he was by passed for a coordinator job. I was in high school in Western Mass when Dick was the Head coach at UMass. He came to my school a few times.
He was a head coach at UMASS and that's what got him the SU job. I know he grew up in Maine, but he went to college in Mass and coached UMASS, I think UMASS people are still very fond of him as are Syracuse fans, I certainly am.

Dr. J says hello. Marcus Camby says don't forget me.

I'd still take a flier on this guy if he decides to transfer, his minutes have been inconsistent for whatever reason. performances tend to be better when he gets the minutes

I'd still take a flier on this guy if he decides to transfer, his minutes have been inconsistent for whatever reason. performances tend to be better when he gets the minutes
Ooh. I forgot about him. I thought he was a lock to be an impact player. Surprised he’s not already doing more at a program like UMass. Wonder who they have ahead of him.

It has been a very weird season there. He didn't play much prep ball once he came over, reclassed late into 2022 and then didn't get to campus until November because of visa issues. Frank's kid is very bad but he plays a ton of minutes and inexperienced guys get a quick hook.

I've been screaming at the tv for him to play more all season but he is still really raw. He has had athletic flashes defensively and in the open court that are just absolutely jaw dropping for a guy his size. Definitely still learning how to play high level basketball but he is already a capable ball-handler and shooter.

I took my mother to Amherst to watch them play SLU and she was "holy s****ing" at some of his blocks and breakaways. I think he would be a great four in our system. And I still think he can be a first round pick in 2024 if it all clicks like it should for a guy in his sophomore year.

Hopefully he is at Syracuse or UMass again next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom