Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he really wanted to play in / go to college, then we have more than enough resources to make sure he becomes eligible. Especially for a player as important as him.

Those "resources" were Oak Hill Academy. They know how to eliminate distractions and get kids eligible.
When he left there, and didn't enroll in another HS until just a couple weeks ago, well, that's a semester of classes that he cannot pass, which means he falls another half year behind on gaining eligibility.

At least with Dion, he changed schools 3 or 4 times, but he DID go to class, and he did graduate from HS. That's why we hung in there for him. Because he kept trying.

1605214602022.png

How does a COLLEGE “make sure” a kid can graduate HS? :rolleyes:

We couldn’t even “make sure” Fab stayed eligible, and he was enrolled already.

Please. You’re embarrassing yourself.

a COLLEGE will literally tell him what he does / doesn’t have to do to be eligible, and guide him through every big decision. I certainly hope the coaching staff was heavily involved and overseeing his school situation. It’s not like you or me in which the school doesn’t care if we get kicked out or whatever, there were lots of people and lots of money heavily invested in him.

a COLLEGE will literally tell him what he does / doesn’t have to do to be eligible, and guide him through every big decision. I certainly hope the coaching staff was heavily involved and overseeing his school situation. It’s not like you or me in which the school doesn’t care if we get kicked out or whatever, there were lots of people and lots of money heavily invested in him.
Communication is a two way street.

I took that to mean play for three more years because of the free year. But could have been a sarcastic answer too. Either way seems clear they didn’t think Dior would ever play in college. Not surprising to most. Better the optics played out now than a year or two from now.

Lovely syracuse.com article

Maybe the bridge was burnt, and Dior felt we needed him more than he needed us. Now we find ourselves here.

if thats the case, fine with it

Should we start any other threads about players that SU apparently has no offers or interest around

Status
Not open for further replies.