Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
generational talent
giphy.gif.cf.gif

Blessing in disguise. I know nothing about recruiting but it’s clear it’s been coming- better to rip the band aid off now and get on with the recruiting. Any top 10-20 recruit has got to be thinking they are skipping college.

Dior is a 5 star generational talent that we haven't gotten since Carmelo. We should have made it work and gotten him clear. Your darn right you run through more hoops for certain guys and he is one of them. Kentucky UNC Kansas Duke would have done it.
No. No, they wouldn't have.

Dior is not playing a second of college ball.

Cool use of 'generational' though.

Just looking at some of the comments on his tweet make me sick with some of our fans. In a perfect world would I want this kid to come here and ball out? Yeah, dudes a freaking talent. That said he’s been to 4 schools in 3 years, he’s good for some drama but guess what? He’s a 16 year old KID in the spotlight. Now could we have avoided a headache here? For sure. Would I have loved Dior to come here no matter his circumstances? Hell yeah. That being said he’s not playing a second of college ball. He’s 16 years old still figuring out his life, 16 years old and having to decide your future at that age...I know when I was 16 I was nowhere near mature to do that. Just be classy, wish him well and hope the best for the kid.

Okay then fine. Then the staff better get Gayle on Friday or Westry then. You wanna chase off a 5 star generational talent that we haven't gotten in 18 years you better have somebody as good or close as a prospect to replace him. I don't care what a headache he might be. You ever hear the expression you hold the bus for certain players. Just saying.
What about that post suggested SU chased him off? Sounds more like they held onto him as long as they possibly could. But yes, they do need to replace him.

they didn’t chase anyone off. The kid had no boundaries and the staff literally answered every call every text every FaceTime call to keep him happy. This was a crazy scene since day 1 and about 100x crazier than any paul Harris scenario
Not hating against the kid because he’s 16, has a bizillion twitter followers, and lives with Lebron James...but it was obvious to me when I sat near him last February at the Duke game and I never once saw him take his eyes off his phone to watch the game, that the kid was never playing a second of college ball. His “Hollywood” personality isn’t meant for college, much less blue collar CNY. I just hope he has enough good people around him to keep his head on straight. You hear about so many kids who gain fame at a young age and end up derailed...

This could have ended a lot sooner trust me. Staff held on for dear life but the kid also doesn’t want to do school work.
Any chance of throwing their hat back in the JJ race, or has that ship sailed? I'm assuming the later.

Nothing we should be shocked by...

Fair enough. Dior wasn’t gonna come here, but...the part that worries me is that the staff was well aware of that weeks ago. Because if that’s the case, you’d think they would’ve already communicated that situation to Gayle, reassuring him they’d be plenty of PT available. And if he knew that, why then would he seemingly still want to go to OSU? Is this a case of too little too late w/ Roddy, and is the staff now burning the midnight oil attempting to salvage his recruitment?
I don’t believe Tyus Battle-like flips are very common. So it’s likely we’re looking at a major kick in the gonads if Roddy picks OSU on Friday. To be continued.

Yep, this kid was worth all the baggage that came with him...and there was a toooon of it. But at some point you have to see the writing and move on.
Especially when the end game was likely he didn’t end up playing college basketball and it could cost us other very talented players. I am not sure how some people aren’t getting it.

Dior is a 5 star generational talent that we haven't gotten since Carmelo. We should have made it work and gotten him clear. Your darn right you run through more hoops for certain guys and he is one of them. Kentucky UNC Kansas Duke would have done it.
Try just for once, talking in the real world. I told you weeks ago there was a problem. No one was going to get this kid in academically if he doesn't go to high school.

Geez. Just seeing this news. Again, not surprised and I’m glad this is happening today and now a year+ from now.
If truly the staff has known this was happening for awhile, then Gayle isnt in play but if this was a sudden thing, might be something there.
I got a text out. We’ll see

Geez. Just seeing this news. Again, not surprised and I’m glad this is happening today and now a year+ from now.
If truly the staff has known this was happening for awhile, then Gayle isnt in play but if this was a sudden thing, might be something there.
I got a text out. We’ll see
You think the staff would have told Gayle that Dior wasn’t coming befire it was public? I’m not trying to be a jerk ... just a genuine question!

Status
Not open for further replies.