Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

He took a 6-0 GMac. He took a 5-11 Flynn. He was recruiting a 6-0 Quade Green last year.

All of them elite in a different way. If Frank Howard wasn't 6'5" he wouldn't have even gotten a sniff by us.

There's a free article on one of the scouting services available that mentions a lot about Carey liking Kansas, but nothing about Syracuse. Hope we have good backup plans in mind...

There's a free article on one of the scouting services available that mentions a lot about Carey liking Kansas, but nothing about Syracuse. Hope we have good backup plans in mind...
He already said he wants to play man to man to better showcase his skills.

It gets scary when you pull up a top 100 list for 2018 and try to look for point guards in the northeast who have decent size if you remove Carey and then the other guys who have already kinda told us no thanks.

It gets scary when you pull up a top 100 list for 2018 and try to look for point guards in the northeast who have decent size if you remove Carey and then the other guys who have already kinda told us no thanks.
But, at the same time, look at that same list, and if you are one of those scared of Kansas, look at where Carey is ranked and then look at how many PG's they have offered that are ranked above him. Kansas has cast a wide net for PG in the class of 2018. Where does he rank on their list?

But, at the same time, look at that same list, and if you are one of those scared of Kansas, look at where Carey is ranked and then look at how many PG's they have offered that are ranked above him. Kansas has cast a wide net for PG in the class of 2018. Where does he rank on their list?

Not sure where he is on their board but if he's as good as we think/hope he is I don't know how far down he would be.

This is a kid that hopefully we can reel in between Red and Griffin on staff and their NY/NJ roots.

THIS. Kansas has offered pretty much ALL THE PG's for 2018.
Verbal Commits

At least 4-5+ are higher ranked than Carey - so he's likely their plan (letter after E) or G right now, if they even bother having a 'plan' at that point.

Meanwhile, I've got to imagine he's our overall #1 priority for '18 - or at least, should be.

THIS. Kansas has offered pretty much ALL THE PG's for 2018.
Verbal Commits

At least 4-5+ are higher ranked than Carey - so he's likely their plan (letter after E) or G right now, if they even bother having a 'plan' at that point.

Meanwhile, I've got to imagine he's our overall #1 priority for '18 - or at least, should be.

They all won't be ranked higher than Carey after the summer. He's dominating EYBL play.

They all won't be ranked higher than Carey after the summer. He's dominating EYBL play.

Enough to leapfrog all 4-5-6 guys currently listed ahead of him, who have KU offers?

Well, if he blows up that much, then we're probably not going to get him anyway.
Which really sucks.
Because we haven't offered anybody else.

Enough to leapfrog all 4-5-6 guys currently listed ahead of him, who have KU offers?

Well, if he blows up that much, then we're probably not going to get him anyway.
Which really sucks.
Because we haven't offered anybody else.

I mean he is averaging 20 a game and shooting 45% from three. He's really good.

Go recruit your own region, Miller. I thought you wanted to lock up recruits from Indiana. We gotta push that little pinhead back to the Midwest.

I agree. But, in case it doesn't go away, then what?

I think we always have a backup plan. The issue is if/when to exercise it. You wont execute that perfectly every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom