Class of 2021 - PG Kennedy Chandler (TN) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PG Kennedy Chandler (TN) Offered

I don’t understand his OV list at all. It has none of the big boys on it that are recruiting him or Memphis . Seems odd
it doesn't make sense to me and i would not be surprised if a year from now no more than 2 of them are among his actual finalists

He's visiting five that he's curious about this year
Next year will be his true top five

Probably
Tennessee
Memphis
Kentucky
Louisville
Duke

He can and probably will take a bunch of unofficial visits to Memphis and other surrounding schools that won’t require an official

An update on Chandler: I spoke with his father Thursday night and got some good info. The visit went well, enjoyed the coaches, facilities and such. An interesting thing he told me was the family is putting a high priority on academics and that Kennedy is interested in sports broadcasting, which makes Newhouse very appealing to them.

Obviously Chandler is from Memphis so many expect Memphis and Penny Hardaway to be the heavy favorites, but that's not really the case. They like the Tigers for sure, but Chandler has been coached by Penny before so that's nothing new, and his father says that the proximity to home isn't currently a factor in his decision -- they want the best fit, wherever that is.

There's been some talk about him taking some free visits while they can and that's definitely true. They want as much info as possible and are using those opportunities to the fullest. Kylan says they are very likely to come back to SU, either for another unofficial or an official -- they haven't decided yet. The goal for a decision is by the end of next summer so Kennedy can play his senior season without much drama.

An update on Chandler: I spoke with his father Thursday night and got some good info. The visit went well, enjoyed the coaches, facilities and such. An interesting thing he told me was the family is putting a high priority on academics and that Kennedy is interested in sports broadcasting, which makes Newhouse very appealing to them.

Obviously Chandler is from Memphis so many expect Memphis and Penny Hardaway to be the heavy favorites, but that's not really the case. They like the Tigers for sure, but Chandler has been coached by Penny before so that's nothing new, and his father says that the proximity to home isn't currently a factor in his decision -- they want the best fit, wherever that is.

There's been some talk about him taking some free visits while they can and that's definitely true. They want as much info as possible and are using those opportunities to the fullest. Kylan says they are very likely to come back to SU, either for another unofficial or an official -- they haven't decided yet. The goal for a decision is by the end of next summer so Kennedy can play his senior season without much drama.
This is awesome info thanks!

Maybe we have a shot here

Taken at face value, and no reason not to, how can we lose here? Sports journalism, point guards filling our coaching staff and meeting Melo?

Reclassify to 2019 and suit him up!

Landing a player like this at such a key position of need would be beyond a major "get" -- it would be a program changer.

Hope we land IJ and this kid back-to-back, and set the program on a different trajectory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom