Class of 2025 - PG Luke Fennell (Australia) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (10/23/24) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Luke Fennell (Australia) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (10/23/24)

Great team effort by the staff here. Red is doing stuff we haven’t seen in a while. Exciting times to be a cuse fan
This might be the best quote from a player I have ever seen. And if it at all indicates the culture that Red has in place and is selling, predicated on actual player development, this program is going to thrive:

LUKE FENNELL
"I wanted to be around people that are hungry, people that want to be the best versions of themselves and still haven't reached that stage of being a pro yet. I'm excited to be around that high-pressure environment where iron sharpens iron, everyone wanting to be great, so I think that's the environment that's gonna help me."

love the international recruiting

perfect counterbalance to the mess of NIL

and international basketball has never been better is only going to get better from here...so theres a huge market thats untapped, mostly

I also feel like programs like the cuse can get better players internationally because of access to the american bball scene that they offer these guys with NBA dreams

and 6'6'? at PG...bring back the days of MCW and great pressure d at the top

Not disagreeing but we did kinda try that in 22 with JG Buddy, Swider and Jimmy Jr and it didnt work out so well. The key is to find the right balance.
If Australia won two u18 world championships with Fennell at point guard, he's probably not a sieve on defense.

In his highlights, he seems active on defense, especially disruptive with his long arms and quick hands.

These clips are fantastic. Super crafty. Great body control. Lots of attention to detail. Loved the bank shot! Far far more advanced in all aspects than any incoming player of recent memory including Devo who too was crafty with great body control. Dare I say….reminds me of Jimmy Lee who just knew how to play the game. My recollection is Mike Lee was a better scorer but Jimmy Lee was a better all around player who made everyone else around that much better.

These clips are fantastic. Super crafty. Great body control. Lots of attention to detail. Loved the bank shot! Far far more advanced in all aspects than any incoming player of recent memory including Devo who too was crafty with great body control. Dare I say….reminds me of Jimmy Lee who just knew how to play the game. My recollection is Mike Lee was a better scorer but Jimmy Lee was a better all around player who made everyone else around that much better.
Going back to the years of the bug Williams to Rudy Hackett in less then 5 seconds for the miracle win.

This might be the best quote from a player I have ever seen. And if it at all indicates the culture that Red has in place and is selling, predicated on actual player development, this program is going to thrive:

LUKE FENNELL
"I wanted to be around people that are hungry, people that want to be the best versions of themselves and still haven't reached that stage of being a pro yet. I'm excited to be around that high-pressure environment where iron sharpens iron, everyone wanting to be great, so I think that's the environment that's gonna help me."

Seems Red has lots of irons in the fire. No doubt Red was amply named.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom