Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Symir Torrence says hello.
I will believe it when I see it. JB wants offense. He‘ll pick Taylor over Symir. I don’t agree, but I bet it happens. He already said 2-3 freshmen may start next year.

I will believe it when I see it. JB wants offense. He‘ll pick Taylor over Symir. I don’t agree, but I bet it happens. He already said 2-3 freshmen may start next year.
Symir pg
Joe g sg
Taylor sf
Benny pf
Jesse c

Yeah, you may be right. My argument would be that with Symir, we probably would get more offense (through him).

I read last night that Bradley’s point guard entered the portal. He’s from Amittyville, NY. He’s a 6’4” point guard. He looks like the real deal.
Would be a great pick up. But I feel big boys after him. Also

I haven't watched this one, but I don't see Taylor in the starting lineup (I think I saw him in street clothes as I was skipping to the beginning). Quadir is playing though.

I watched this one. The feed unfortunately cuts out with a couple minutes left in overtime. I remember Mo Speights (the coach of the other team and former NBA player) tweeting that the end of the game was BS. It's possible he was upset about Copeland getting 3 free throws at the end of regulation on what might have been a flop; hard to tell if the defender made contact with him or not. Both of our guys played pretty well (though I still don't like the way Copeland plays). Copeland "finished" with:
  • 12 points on 2/4 shooting from 2P, 0/1 from 3, and 8/11 from the FT line (including 5/5 in the last minute of regulation to send it to OT). TS% of 61.0%.
  • 8 assists to only 1 turnover from what I could tell (though, man, he looked like he was on the verge of losing it a few times and then regained control at the last second)
  • 5 rebounds
  • 2 blocks and 2 steals
He threw some nice passes as always in this one; could have had more assists if his teammates had made some easy shots. Though a few of his assists are just the kind where he didn't create anything but just happened to be the one making the pass to the shooter so it probably balances out. At any rate, some good passes, obviously love the free throw shooting, and while his defense is still painfully lazy, he did come through with a timely steal to help them tie it up at the end.

He seems to have PG tools. I like the size, and how he can be physical.
It's going to take some time to learn and/or be consistent with some defensive skills. I like that he can be pesky with the hands, and (sometimes) seems intent on making a defensive impact, but he doesn't have the level of consistent responsibility JB> will demand.

If his head is good, he could be sort of a hybrid of Sherm and Hart. How much of each, who knows. Development and his own commitment will be the keys.

He seems to have PG tools. I like the size, and how he can be physical.
It's going to take some time to learn and/or be consistent with some defensive skills. I like that he can be pesky with the hands, and (sometimes) seems intent on making a defensive impact, but he doesn't have the level of consistent responsibility JB> will demand.

If his head is good, he could be sort of a hybrid of Sherm and Hart. How much of each, who knows. Development and his own commitment will be the keys.
He might surprise us after getting in the swing if things over the summer.

I watched this one. The feed unfortunately cuts out with a couple minutes left in overtime. I remember Mo Speights (the coach of the other team and former NBA player) tweeting that the end of the game was BS. It's possible he was upset about Copeland getting 3 free throws at the end of regulation on what might have been a flop; hard to tell if the defender made contact with him or not. Both of our guys played pretty well (though I still don't like the way Copeland plays). Copeland "finished" with:
  • 12 points on 2/4 shooting from 2P, 0/1 from 3, and 8/11 from the FT line (including 5/5 in the last minute of regulation to send it to OT). TS% of 61.0%.
  • 8 assists to only 1 turnover from what I could tell (though, man, he looked like he was on the verge of losing it a few times and then regained control at the last second)
  • 5 rebounds
  • 2 blocks and 2 steals
He threw some nice passes as always in this one; could have had more assists if his teammates had made some easy shots. Though a few of his assists are just the kind where he didn't create anything but just happened to be the one making the pass to the shooter so it probably balances out. At any rate, some good passes, obviously love the free throw shooting, and while his defense is still painfully lazy, he did come through with a timely steal to help them tie it up at the end.

It’s been obvious through most of Q’s games he can be a little wild with the ball handling and passing. But if he gets more under control he’s going to be fun to watch.

It’s been obvious through most of Q’s games he can be a little wild with the ball handling and passing. But if he gets more under control he’s going to be fun to watch.
I like him. Cant teach his natural gifts. Hes going to be a star by soph year

Yeah, if he works at it I think there's something there. I don't really think that'll be his freshman season though; he's just too raw right now.

Yeah, if he works at it I think there's something there. I don't really think that'll be his freshman season though; he's just too raw right now.
must be how the staff feel, too, considering their pursuit of another guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors