Class of 2017 - PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU

Id find out if Waters would sign with SU. If yes, I'd ultimatum Ayala. Sign now, or we're taking Waters. It's time to stop the all in recruiting strategy. Both fill a program need. Take the first one that signs.
It's good to want things. I would love to have this happen but I refuse to set myself up for the disappointment. What is more likely is he commits to G-Town again and says Syracuse never called me and then shreds us this next season while Frank Howard dribbles the ball off his foot 3 times in 1 game.

Hard to get behind that Fuller tweet, despite me wanting to, since he still mentions Kansas who've already said thanks, but no thanks.

Hard to get behind that Fuller tweet, despite me wanting to, since he still mentions Kansas who've already said thanks, but no thanks.

Guess is his pickings aren't what he thought they'd be right now and he's tossing in a few schools that no longer belong.

If he's only hearing from a certain school from New England and another former mid major maybe we should get serious considering Ayala doesn't seem to be in any hurry.

Well this certainly is fantastic news then--if it's down to only us, UConn, or Creighton then I like our chances much better. This whole development is a very pleasant surprise -- thought we were out of it (or not even pursuing).

Last edited:
It said it was a direct quote (we were involved) from him on nunes.
I know... I hope it's true. It just seems out of left field. But I hope JB has just been operating very quietly here. My hopes aren't up though.

It seems that within 24 hours of offering Howard Washington, every PG in the class of 2017 opened their recruitment. Would the staff have held off on offering Washington? If we take another point guard, what does that mean for recruiting in the coming years? This is why I love recruiting, there is such fluidity and every move affects other moves. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

It seems that within 24 hours of offering Howard Washington, every PG in the class of 2017 opened their recruitment. Would the staff have held off on offering Washington? If we take another point guard, what does that mean for recruiting in the coming years? This is why I love recruiting, there is such fluidity and every move affects other moves. Can't wait to see how this plays out.
I don't think Washington really affects most of these kids. I don't think HW plays much at all next year and is a back up in year 2. This is my optimistic scenario. He will be solid is 3rd and 4th year in the program. If we take Waters we are not getting Ayala but I'm in the bird in hand mindset especially with the OU offer for Ayala and he could have already committed to us knowing he is the starting PG for next year. Didn't do it yet. What does that tell you.

I don't think Washington really affects most of these kids. I don't think HW plays much at all next year and is a back up in year 2. This is my optimistic scenario. He will be solid is 3rd and 4th year in the program. If we take Waters we are not getting Ayala but I'm in the bird in hand mindset especially with the OU offer for Ayala and he could have already committed to us knowing he is the starting PG for next year. Didn't do it yet. What does that tell you.
Agreed, I am down with the bird in the hand. Also, I agree on Washington. And, I don't think he scares anyone away, either now or in the future. But, he does take up a roster spot, and at what point does one of those uncomfortable situations happen? If we can land Tucker and Waters, I think I would prefer that over Ayala anyway, because we need a TRUE point guard to run this show. And Waters has a pretty good stroke, iirc. But, I would be happy with Ayala as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom