Class of 2017 - PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU

Agreed, I am down with the bird in the hand. Also, I agree on Washington. And, I don't think he scares anyone away, either now or in the future. But, he does take up a roster spot, and at what point does one of those uncomfortable situations happen? If we can land Tucker and Waters, I think I would prefer that over Ayala anyway, because we need a TRUE point guard to run this show. And Waters has a pretty good stroke, iirc. But, I would be happy with Ayala as well.
I would actually prefer Ayala because he is not a true point but can play it. Then after Battle leaves next year he could in slide over to that spot and we could go after Quinerly or someone like him. I know Quinerly hates playing zone and probably isn't coming but I would rather have the flexibility if given the chose. I would rather have a bird in hand more and like Waters game and would be totally fine with him. Then we would just have to recruit more off guards or combo guards as we would have two long term PG's on the roster.

I would actually prefer Ayala because he is not a true point but can play it. Then after Battle leaves next year he could in slide over to that spot and we could go after Quinerly or someone like him. I know Quinerly hates playing zone and probably isn't coming but I would rather have the flexibility if given the chose. I would rather have a bird in hand more and like Waters game and would be totally fine with him. Then we would just have to recruit more off guards or combo guards as we would have two long term PG's on the roster.
Yeah, I see Quinerly as the real prize, but like you said, he may eliminate us because of the zone or for any other reason. I am just sick of having converted SG's playing PG.

Id find out if Waters would sign with SU. If yes, I'd ultimatum Ayala. Sign now, or we're taking Waters. It's time to stop the all in recruiting strategy. Both fill a program need. Take the first one that signs.
Why not both? We have the open spots. We have a need at PG and combo guard/SG. These two would be a dynamic backcourt in 2018.

Id find out if Waters would sign with SU. If yes, I'd ultimatum Ayala. Sign now, or we're taking Waters. It's time to stop the all in recruiting strategy. Both fill a program need. Take the first one that signs.

Who is the staff to issue an ultimatum? They put themselves in this position that they're currently in. Second, we don't even know if he is committed to reclassifying into 2017. If you have a guard like Waters available, you put on a full court press to try to get him. The staff doesn't have the luxury of waiting for Ayala to make his decision especially if his test scores aren't in yet. The longer you wait for the results, the less it looks like that move is possible.

Who is the staff to issue an ultimatum? They put themselves in this position that they're currently in. Second, we don't even know if he is committed to reclassifying into 2017. If you have a guard like Waters available, you put on a full court press to try to get him. The staff doesn't have the luxury of waiting for Ayala to make his decision especially if his test scores aren't in yet. The longer you wait for the results, the less it looks like that move is possible.

IF Waters agreed to sign, then we would very much be in position to ultimatum EA. First one to sign you take.

Not happening. Unfortunately the only school on that list that I think is legit is UConn. I think the kid thought there would be more interest than this.

Not happening. Unfortunately the only school on that list that I think is legit is UConn. I think the kid thought there would be more interest than this.
I would bet he ends up back at Georgetown. They are desperate for him, and Ewing in all his brilliance has already suggested recruiting violations to get him. I guess UCONN is possible too, but don't they have a kid from GA that we went after briefly who is the same kind of player.

I could see this as the kid's way of trying to signal for teams like cuse to get involved. Sort of a "Hey guys... in case ya didn't think I'd take your call... I would... so call... guys... please don't make me go to georgetown?"

Why go to Uconn when he would sit the bench? He isn't starting over Jalen Adams

I don't understand why you would make such a pronouncement right after the new tweet came out this afternoon. Are you saying the writer Fuller just made this up out of thin air to screw with everyone? In essence just say the hell with my reputation as a journalist?

I don't understand why you would make such a pronouncement right after the new tweet came out this afternoon. Are you saying the writer Fuller just made this up out of thin air to screw with everyone? In essence just say the hell with my reputation as a journalist?

Fuller is in communication with Waters camp and not the schools. He can't go to Creighton because of Big East rules. He isn't being recruited my KU per contacts with their staff (Zagoria...etc), and our writers(Waters)/camp has confirmed we haven't been in contact. This is strictly marketing by the kid to say the schools he is interested in. He want's teams to get involved.

Hmm...

Indeed.
IMG_6303.GIF

Interesting to say the least. You would think if Kansas or Duke wanted him, he'd be committed by now. UConn is probably ringing his phone off the hook and he wants nothing to do with them.

Per Big East rules, once a player signs an NLI at a Big East school they can't play at another BE school even if released from that NLI. https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/852181730517712897 …
That's unless his NLI is declared null and void and isn't a transfer as defined the NCAA bylaws. He was released from his NLI - thus, it's null and void.

I'm wrong on this after re-reading the transfer rules.

Last edited:
Wait, I thought Creighton has that elite PG that transferred in last year and had to sit out a year. I believe his name was Kaleb Joseph. He is going to be special!!

The funny part about all of this regardless of what any of us thinks is that theres probably ZERO interest in him from our staff lol. Crazy reporting now a days is what I say!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom