Class of 2017 - PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU

He is not coming here. Think we finish this class with Tucker, Ayala (if he reclassifies), and a grad transfer.
are you feeling good about Tucker? and how about the Ayala reclass?

I have to laugh tho. Supposedly kansas duke and Kentucky are showing zero interest yet that's the 3 schools the kid decides to talk about when getting interviewed...fricken kills me man.
I agree. Kid seems desperate. Why get your release from Gtown and then meet with Ewing and still have them in the picture. Nice self promotional Team Waters website too. No thanks

The kid seems pretty desperate but what position are we in to call him desperate? Obviously I'm trying to be confident in the staff to land both Ayala and Tucker but nothing is a sure thing in the recruiting game. I also may be in the minority here but I would like to see HW start over Frank Howard if it comes down to that, in watching Washington this season you can see he's matured compared to his previous schools, he seems to have the mental capacity to keep it simple and play within himself, plus he has confidence in his jump shot. People have knocked his defense but I would like to think that's where the HOFer JB comes in and molds him, the size is there, the smarts seem to be there, we don't need a world beater at PG, we need a PG who can manage the game and limit mistakes.

The kid seems pretty desperate but what position are we in to call him desperate? Obviously I'm trying to be confident in the staff to land both Ayala and Tucker but nothing is a sure thing in the recruiting game. I also may be in the minority here but I would like to see HW start over Frank Howard if it comes down to that, in watching Washington this season you can see he's matured compared to his previous schools, he seems to have the mental capacity to keep it simple and play within himself, plus he has confidence in his jump shot. People have knocked his defense but I would like to think that's where the HOFer JB comes in and molds him, the size is there, the smarts seem to be there, we don't need a world beater at PG, we need a PG who can manage the game and limit mistakes.

Hope HW can be solid down the road. But if he's the starting PG next year, it's going to be a very long season.

Need to keep all options open for the point, and that includes Waters(although I don't think it's option B or even C for the staff at this point...).

Hope HW can be solid down the road. But if he's the starting PG next year, it's going to be a very long season.

Things can be uncertain in the grad transfer market, especially if Ayala drags this on, it's not like I want HW running the point but I'd prefer it compared to FH, confidence plays a role in things and as far as I'm concerned unless Frank went to some extensive therapy this summer I can't see him having the mental fortitude to thrive, especially when facing adversity.

Things can be uncertain in the grad transfer market, especially if Ayala drags this on, it's not like I want HW running the point but I'd prefer it compared to FH, confidence plays a role in things and as far as I'm concerned unless Frank went to some extensive therapy this summer I can't see him having the mental fortitude to thrive, especially when facing adversity.

All indications are HW won't be ready to contribute much next year. Surprises happen, though.

Don't want to take attention away from Waters in this thread... following his recruitment the rest of the way will be interesting.

I know a lot of fans like to follow the recruiting rankings as gospel, but maybe the staff doesn't think Waters is that good. If he was wouldn't he be getting more interest than just UConn?

I know a lot of fans like to follow the recruiting rankings as gospel, but maybe the staff doesn't think Waters is that good. If he was wouldn't he be getting more interest than just UConn?

And he was a JT3 commit, that guy wasn't exactly killing it on the recruiting front. Didn't stop him from beating us the last two years but that's another story

Or they were focused on Quade as their point guard of the future. They stopped recruiting Duval, does that mean they didn't think he wasn't good?

Sounds suspiciously like HE is the one putting out feelers. Perhaps he is more interested in us than we are in him?

Or they were focused on Quade as their point guard of the future. They stopped recruiting Duval, does that mean they didn't think he wasn't good?

I'm talking about right now. They've seen a lot of Waters. He played with Moyer. There must be a reason they prefer Ayala.

I was wondering why SU does not seem to be showing a high level of interest in Waters so I went to his recruiting page on espn.com.

The first sentence is the "Weaknesses" section of his scouting reports is:

"Waters lacks the typical size and explosiveness of a high level point guard and might already be done growing."

I know scouting reports from recruiting gurus are not gospel, but that pretty much solved the mystery for me.

Why is waters and Jordan jelly Walker to short but that quinerly kid from 2018 is a must get when he is only 6'0

Something just doesn't add up. A top 10 PG decommits and opens up his recruitment, basically screams he wants to be recruited by all the big name schools, and the only schools that have interest are UConn and Creighton??

Where is Oregon, Villanova, Maryland, BC, Gonzaga, NC State, Florida, Miami, Virginia, Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin??

Sounds suspiciously like HE is the one putting out feelers. Perhaps he is more interested in us than we are in him?
I think he's interested in any programs with potential playing time other than UConn and Georgetown.
"Waters lacks the typical size and explosiveness of a high level point guard and might already be done growing."
And his strengths are ball handling and passing. It's no question that Syracuse, and specifically Boeheim, prioritize size over skills at the PG position.

Where is Oregon, Villanova, Maryland, BC, Gonzaga, NC State, Florida, Miami, Virginia, Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin??
Most of those schools won't have the open playing time since they already have 1-2 PGs who are either freshmen or 4-star or better recruits.

are you feeling good about Tucker? and how about the Ayala reclass?
Yeah I feel confident about Tucker, he's been taking his time the whole recruitment. Thought there was a good chance he would commit when he was up but still expect him to sign. Ayala the Oregon offer concerns me a bit and I do think he reclassifies, I do think he still comes here, 70/30 our favor.

I'm talking about right now. They've seen a lot of Waters. He played with Moyer. There must be a reason they prefer Ayala.

My point still remains. There are plenty of point guards that they passed over this cycle that this board is drooling over. Were they not good also? The only knock on Waters is his height and athleticism. He does everything else well that you want a 1 to do. Green is maybe 5'11" in shoes. The staff wasn't focused on anyone else. They're hoping they can entice Ayala to reclassify by giving him a high major offer. Speaks to the desperation on their part for goofing with the 2017 recruiting cycle.

My point still remains. There are plenty of point guards that they passed over this cycle that this board is drooling over. Were they not good also? The only knock on Waters is his height and athleticism. Green is maybe 5'11" in shoes. The staff wasn't focused on anyone else. They're hoping they can entice Ayala to reclassify by giving him a high major offer. Speaks to the desperation on their part for goofing with the 2017 recruiting cycle.

Disagree. The staff saw a lot of Waters when he played with Moyer. Clearly Waters is interested in us because he keeps name dropping us, but we aren't reciprocating. I saw Waters play with Moyer and I wasn't that impressed. He is a gunner and not a great one at that IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom