Class of 2017 - PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU

If I were JB I promise this kid the starting PG job and if the kid realizes that means he likely gets overwhelming amount PG minutes.

We need talent at PG. I have no clue how good this kid is. 5'10 isn't tall but he is taller than Gillon.

Get it done JB.
Zero chance JB promises him the starting pg position or should he. He could be the second coming of K Joseph.

Zero chance JB promises him the starting pg position or should he. He could be the second coming of K Joseph.
We have zero PG commits.
John Gillon is gone.
Frank Howard could/should be gone.

We need PGs this kid is a top 100 recruit thus I would give him the job if he will commit.

We have zero PG commits.
John Gillon is gone.
Frank Howard could/should be gone.

We need PGs this kid is a top 100 recruit thus I would give him the job if he will commit.
Doesn't matter at this point. You can't promise him the pg position. If JB is interested, then you sell him on the opportunity to compete for starting pg minutes.

Frank very well may be back and who knows how he develops. I'm sure they will also be active with 5th year transfer pg's. Under no circumstance will he guarantee a freshman the starting spot nor should he.

Doesn't matter at this point. You can't promise him the pg position. If JB is interested, then you sell him on the opportunity to compete for starting pg minutes.

Frank very well may be back and who knows how he develops. I'm sure they will also be active with 5th year transfer pg's. Under no circumstance will he guarantee a freshman the starting spot nor should he.
Unless his initials are QG

So we didn't do this when recruited Quade Green? Give me a break

So we didn't do this when recruited Quade Green? Give me a break
Oh so you know for a fact that Green was guaranteed the starting pg spot? I have not seen this.
Point is the kid could be a bust you just don't know. Weren't Joseph and Frank Howard top 100 kids?

Oh so you know for a fact that Green was guaranteed the starting pg spot? I have not seen this.
Point is the kid could be a bust you just don't know. Weren't Joseph and Frank Howard top 100 kids?
We recruited no other PGs while recruiting Green.
We had Gillon graduating.
Put 2 and 2 together.

We recruited no other PGs while recruiting Green.
We had Gillon graduating.
Put 2 and 2 together.
Point is if he is good as you think he is and looks at our void at pg, he should have no problem coming in and competing for starting pg minutes. You don't just hand him the keys to the car.

Point is if he is good as you think he is and looks at our void at pg, he should have no problem coming in and competing for starting pg minutes. You don't just hand him the keys to the car.
Sorry but this kid is head and shoulders better than Frank and by the sounds of it Frank might not be back next year which maybe a good thing.

What we've learned this year is that you cannot merely plug anyone into play PG. While you can shuffle 2-4 around, you can't mask a bad PG.

Any chance Isaiah Washington requests out of his LOI?

We have no shot of landing this kid. Partly because we won't even try to go after him.

I have zero inside information and would love to be proved wrong, but I won't be.

We have no shot of landing this kid. Partly because we won't even try to go after him.

I have zero inside information and would love to be proved wrong, but I won't be.
Ugh, so you are saying you agree?

I used to intern with Expressions Stores (Sponsor of Tremont Waters' EYBL AAU team) two years ago... I remember the boss (Todd Quarles) had some decent amount of influence over his AAU kids (I remember how excited he was when Nick Richards got his Kentucky offer that summer) in terms of them choosing their school. Well, the boss didn't like me that much and Nick didn't choose us. I know its a far fetched theory but this theory could also apply with Tremont Waters lol.

I think you're right. I'd be shocked if this goes anywhere. No inside info, just a gut feeling.

What recruit wouldn't be chomping at the bit to join a team coming off an NIT run???!!!

Sorry! Just my sadness creeping in!!

Gotta think positive...this ship will right itself at some point! Stay strong Nation!! Bleed Orange!!!

A FF run seemingly had no impact, so should NIT have any impact?

You'd have to think that with this type of talent becoming available at PG that our staff would be all over this.

Damn shame if they don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom