Class of 2017 - PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU

100% agree but we need to get Waters first. I want him to know that the ball is his. You are our lead guard Tremont. Sorry for Washington but if he wants to commit, he has to wait a bit more.
Absolutely, and I think Washington knows he's not a top priority, and that's okay. Not all guys are meant to come in and start from day one. Unless the kid is completely delusional, he has to have known even when he got the offer that we were still actively looking for more immediate guard help.

I don't think this will discourage Washington at all.

We'll be in this until the end but will be a very tough get. Have to really sell the roster for next year (I know weird since we didn't make the tourney and we have little coming back) but sell him on Tyus and what they would be in the backcourt. Sell the fact we have a promising big in Thompson and two wings you can throw alleys too all day in Moyer and Brissett. This kid has great vision.

I believe in a bird in the hand, but if we were lucky enough to take both Waters and Washington, would we still be able to land Quinerly? Because, in my opinion, although he is a year later, he is the real prize.
Have to remember we will almost 100% lose Battle next year. That opens up the 2 for us, and you can certainly always take more guards. Just because someone isn't tabbed "point guard" doesn't mean they won't have a ton of ball handling duties. Plus Washington wouldn't be a real threat to Quinerly, so I don't think it would be an issue.

Could Waters even play next year?

With that said, I'd still take him.

Could Waters even play next year?

With that said, I'd still take him.
Yes, why wouldn't he be able to play? He signed a letter of intent. He is asking for his release. He would be a normal freshman.

Have to figure with a pre-existing relationship with Moyer we will at least get a seat at the table. Can Hop (and it better be HOP) close.

Francis, would this stop us from having Ayala reclassify if Waters decided to come here?

Francis, would this stop us from having Ayala reclassify if Waters decided to come here?
I'm not Dean, but I sure hope not. We need guards. Waters is a point guard and Ayala is more of a combo, I believe. They would actually be a great duo to grab. And then Quinerly in 2018.

Will Hoyas grant the release? Could Isiah Washington get a release from Gophers LOI?

I'm not Dean, but I sure hope not. We need guards. Waters is a point guard and Ayala is more of a combo, I believe. They would actually be a great duo to grab. And then Quinerly in 2018.
I would hope not as well, but I expect us to still grab a graduate transfer. If we get Washington like most expect, that would give us Battle, Washington, Waters, and grad transfer. Have we ever rolled with 5 guards?

Edit: Forgot, we'd have 6 if Frank does not leave.

Will Hoyas grant the release? Could Isiah Washington get a release from Gophers LOI?

I think I read that Georgetown is supposedly willing to release him from his LOI. As far as the Gophers, that would be up to Pitino Jr and their staff.

I would hope not as well, but I expect us to still grab a graduate transfer. If we get Washington like most expect, that would give us Battle, Washington, Waters, and grad transfer. Have we ever rolled with 5 guards?

Edit: Forgot, we'd have 6 if Frank does not leave.
stranger things have happened but I would be surprised if Frank is back.

If I had a choice of getting Waters or sneaking in tourney as a play in im choosing Waters all day. Will be such a bigger positive in the long term
Really odd statement. Couldn't disagree more but will leave it at that. We're looking for a PG so that we don't end up in the NIT next year & beyond.

What recruit wouldn't be chomping at the bit to join a team coming off an NIT run???!!!

Sorry! Just my sadness creeping in!!

Gotta think positive...this ship will right itself at some point! Stay strong Nation!! Bleed Orange!!!
Well top recruits weren't beating down our doors after coming off a Final Four run. Maybe we make too much of prior year success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom